Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 18-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
CRU571XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Dba 4000 Series Rotors And Gct Bendix Problems

Hi i have just fitted a new set of DBA 4000 series rotors 6 x 6 wiper slots and gct bendix pads to my BA XR6T with the pemium brake package and the problems im having is brake squeal and i think they have warped my rotors i have only done approx 800klms on them they were bed in correctly and the car has only been driven soft around town by the missus i'm not real happy after forking out $650 is there anything i can do to resolve this.
ps I also got the parts supplier to ring bendix before i fitted these to make sure the pads were suitable for this rotor.
Any help with this would be fantastic

Cheers Justin

1984 XE ESP GHIA 351 5 SPEED
CRU571XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
351@GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there was a thread on these rotors a while back and pad recommendations etc. i've had a 2pairs on 2 cars(falc & commo ) with different pads( and drivers) with the same result
( squeal and warping )
351@GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
CRU571XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks for the reply it just sh ts me that you pay good money for these products that they promote as being the one of the best and this ends up happening.
the rotors that came off the car originally were that worn they had no slots left in them but no noise and no pulsing pedal (warped)

Last edited by CRU571XR8; 18-10-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 19-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRU571XR8
Hi i have just fitted a new set of DBA 4000 series rotors 6 x 6 wiper slots and gct bendix pads to my BA XR6T with the pemium brake package and the problems im having is brake squeal and i think they have warped my rotors i have only done approx 800klms on them they were bed in correctly and the car has only been driven soft around town by the missus i'm not real happy after forking out $650 is there anything i can do to resolve this.
ps I also got the parts supplier to ring bendix before i fitted these to make sure the pads were suitable for this rotor.
Any help with this would be fantastic

Cheers Justin
Justin i came across a similar issue some time ago now and i contacted both Bendix and DBA about this and it was mentioned they had received some phone calls about similar problems.
In my opinion it is more an issue with the GCT pads and the issue is a build up of pad material or resins on the rotor surface normally near the edge of the slotting which causes the vibration.I don't think the disc is warped but the actual resins and pad build up on the rotor surface causing high spots. I prefer not to sell GCT pads these days unless customers request it and we have found the TRW Ceramic or the Ferodo TQ brake pads work the best for std street applications and a few forum customers will agree with this as they are virtually noise and dust free as well.
This is not gospel but just something we have found and as no two cars and drivers are the same it won't happen to everyone who uses this combination.
DBA technical also have a Bulletin on Friction Material Deposits that is a good read and anyone should be able to access this on there website (if not i can email it to you.) TECH ARTICLE # TO31
Brake pad squeal is generally a harmonic problem but there is a product that is widely used in the business from Wurth that is a anti squeal spray and that works well to reduce or eliminate noise.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351@GT
there was a thread on these rotors a while back and pad recommendations etc. i've had a 2pairs on 2 cars(falc & commo ) with different pads( and drivers) with the same result
( squeal and warping )
Did the car stop well though ?
As asbestos has disappeared from brake pads these days the most common complaint is pad squeal and this is generally under light braking when pulling the car up.Some pads are better than others and for std cars there are over 120 different brands and materials on the market and if you have Brembo or AP Racing calipers you may find that std street pads do not exist and your only choice is performance or track type pads but quiet often the main reason is the wrong pad choice.

This guide is recommended buy DBA in one of there tech bulletins .
1. If fitting a performance rotor (drilled or slotted) choose a slightly higher spec pad.
(E.g. Bendix Heavy Duty or equivalent or higher spec)
2. High Performance road pads are not suitable for constant track work – use a race pad.
3. Do not choose a high performance pad if you do not drive the car aggressively. ****
4. Using race pad compounds on the street will result in excessive pad and rotor wear. ****

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 19-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Wolfinsheepsclothing
preying on lions

Had dba 4000's and ferrado ds2000's on previous ba xr8 and can't say i had any problems apart from dirty wheels-with braided lines a vast inprovement over stock : .I have ordered some for my bf2 xr8 and will be fitting these in next couple of weeks :
Wolfinsheepsclothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
CRU571XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Matt thankyou for your reply your spot on with your opion on the GCT i got my parts supllier to ring DBA and Bendix today and they both said you should not use GCT on slotted rotors only heavy duty and ultimates so they are coming to the party and supplying me with a set of heavy duty they also said the rotors won't be warped but they will have build up of resins on them.
My Wurth rep has been trying to sell me that product for a while so i will get some and give it a go.
THANKS AGAIN
Cheers Justin

Old 20-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #8
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRU571XR8
Hi Matt thankyou for your reply your spot on with your opion on the GCT i got my parts supllier to ring DBA and Bendix today and they both said you should not use GCT on slotted rotors only heavy duty and ultimates so they are coming to the party and supplying me with a set of heavy duty they also said the rotors won't be warped but they will have build up of resins on them.
My Wurth rep has been trying to sell me that product for a while so i will get some and give it a go.
THANKS AGAIN
Cheers Justin
Good to see they came to the party and although the Wurth products are very good,don't forget it is not guaranteed 100%.Good luck

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 24-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #9
sideways82
loving the turbo

If there is a build up of material around the slots what is the best way to remove it?
12.48@113.92 with 277rwkw
12.27@119.1 with 320rwkw
sideways82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #10
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways82
If there is a build up of material around the slots what is the best way to remove it?
Depends on how much there is but generally a light skim of the rotors will clear it.

Phone 02 9609 1101