Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Dominelli Ford Kirrawee going? Or just moving?

Must be moving - its not an overly large car yard.

Came across this today:

http://www.realcommercial.com.au/cgi...&tm=1231840582

Old 13-01-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconboy
Must be moving - its not an overly large car yard.

Came across this today:

http://www.realcommercial.com.au/cgi...&tm=1231840582

My local Ford dealer...wonder what they're up to?
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
fudge1979

Mine too

Hope they're not closing... I was upset when they closed the one in Botany, which was like 500 metres from my place, just b4 i was able to buy my first car

My Past Love
1990 EA 30th Ann. Falcon Wagon. Rosewood, EL XR6 Tear Shaped Air Vents, 5spd Manual, CFI with K & N Round Element, Pacemaker Extractors, Sony head unit, EF Radiator and EF Thermo Fans.

My Current Love
2007 BFMkII Falcon XR6 Cab Chassis Ute. Ego, 18inch XR8 Wheels, Custom Tray.

My Photo Website http://www.flickr.com/photos/fudge1979pics/V8supercars Eastern Creek 2008
fudge1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #4
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't see them closing. They're the only Ford Dealer anywhere near here, other than City Ford (I think). Its a pretty small yard, I always wondered why they moved there, surely they are moving.
Old 13-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
fudge1979

theres one @ rockdale as well, but thats even smaller that Dominelli

My Past Love
1990 EA 30th Ann. Falcon Wagon. Rosewood, EL XR6 Tear Shaped Air Vents, 5spd Manual, CFI with K & N Round Element, Pacemaker Extractors, Sony head unit, EF Radiator and EF Thermo Fans.

My Current Love

My Photo Website http://www.flickr.com/photos/fudge1979pics/V8supercars Eastern Creek 2008
Old 13-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #6
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge1979
theres one @ rockdale as well, but thats even smaller that Dominelli

The Dominelli family own a few Sydney Ford dealerships, City Ford as well so I believe....They were located only in Hurstville up until the mid 90's after that they took over the Kirrawee Ford dealership previously known as Southside Ford so this will be interesting
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 13-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #7
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ferdie owned Denlo Volvo at one stage too didn't he? Kirrawee, then Hurstville, then it disappeared.
Old 13-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #8
fudge1979

im not sure if my memory serves me correct, but there used to be one in rockdale near where good guys shopping centre is, that closed. the one in Botany used to be called city ford mascot, then that closed and moved to rockdale and is trading as city ford rockdale from its current site

My Past Love

My Current Love

Old 14-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #9
Paxton
Cobblers!

Interesting. I can't work out where they would move to that has the same amount of exposure that the current site has, unless they want to consolidate the Sales and Service into the same area. It would be a shame if the Shire lost their only Ford dealer. I've had three cars serviced there, and I would not like to take my Falcons anywhere else - I've tried the Ford dealers around here, and Dominelli is the best.

Fudge - I remember City Ford in Mascot. My Dad used to have offices in Lord St (almost opposite), and my first EF was taken there for servicing. It now houses a Volkswagen dealership.

I've got to say, most of the Fords in the Sutherland area have Dominelli stickers on them, so I don't think it is from a lack of business.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 01:28 AM   #10
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My grandparents have had 6 cars from them over the years, which have been passed down the family...going back to when they were Southside Ford opposite the Sutherland hospital. I'm a bit suprised and disappointed to see they may be moving- that site has massive exposure...
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 08:47 AM   #11
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe the downturn in car sales? I reckon they'd be mad to close the service department in Waratah St though, now THAT would be a money maker.
Old 14-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #12
Macca23
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well too let you know what they are up too. My inside source says -

They have bought the land upto mcdonalds and will be building a massive new dealership within 18months.
Macca23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #13
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That makes sense. Good one.
Old 14-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #14
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca23
Well too let you know what they are up too. My inside source says -

They have bought the land upto mcdonalds and will be building a massive new dealership within 18months.

Good stuff although the auto electricion next door would have to go if thats the case and hes pretty good

Old 14-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #15
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive visited the ford website to find used for delaerships and carnt find a listing? Can anyone help?

Im located in Sydney Canterbury area
mickyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #16
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyyyy
Ive visited the ford website to find used for delaerships and carnt find a listing? Can anyone help?

Im located in Sydney Canterbury area

Dale Ford at Chullora is probably your best bet

Old 14-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #17
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is there some sort of listing i can obtain at all?
Old 14-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #18
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Found

http://www.blueovalstore.com.au/Onli...aspx#jumpToNSW

http://www.fords.com.au/ford_dealers...ew-south-wales
Old 14-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #19
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
Good stuff although the auto electricion next door would have to go if thats the case and hes pretty good
He's already gone- been gone for a good few weeks if not months now. Moved to some other location, address in on the roller door. He is a good sparky- did all the work on the Jag when I had it. A colleague worked for him for 7 years or so and now works for Dominelli.

The only remaining property there is the surfboard manufacturing/sales place, which does not appear to be going anywhere.
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #20
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I don't think Doms is closing, I deliver parts to them every day and have not heard anything about them closing OR moving.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #21
obd

Dominelli service department is not moving any time soon, they have bought coats hire on the highway but for now they will be using that for storage for new vehicles.
obd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post