Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Macca23
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down New Car Purchase Problem!

I'll try keep it short but, When we bought the wifes lancer brand new. Part of March promotion deal was that all new cars will come with $1000 caltex fuel card. In the contract of sale it states that the fuel card will be mailed out within 28 days of delivery date of vehicle.

We drove the car out on 31st March. Fuel card has yet to arrive. Way past the 28 days. Ive been in touch with the dealer and they had kindly chased it up and said there was a dealy of up to 3 weeks. That was near 4 weeks ago. Ive chased up Mitsibushi myself today and they have told me the card is still another 2 weeks away.

Now Ive not been cranky yet with the dealer but I think tomorrow I will need to put my foot down. Im sure if I kept $1000 off them I would be in court by now and have no car.

Hopefully they can get some action moving quick. Whats the next step I wonder if they wash there hands of it and say too bad keep waiting?

Any idea as to next move?
Speak to the dealer principal if no hope from the salesman.

Or just keep waiting :

Macca23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Just wait patiently... Its not like your not getting it...
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca23
Any idea as to next move?
Speak to the dealer principal if no hope from the salesman.

Or just keep waiting :
Yayy another member of the "if something can go wrong, it will" society lol.

But seriously, I can understand that kind of frustration, I mean it's not a $10 fuel card here, it's $1000! I reckon give it a couple more weeks and if it still hasn't arrived then I think by that time you'd have every right to raise your voice at someone. And yeah, if this was the other way 'round, they'd have called in debt collectors by now.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Different product but same situation, we bought a JVC video camera in January, they were offering $200 cash back, was suppose to come within a month, kept chasing it up, saying yeah it should be sent this week, eventually we got it last week, JVC sent out a letter saying the promotion people stuffed up and they personally sent us a cheque and extended out warranty by 6 months for the troubles.

Just wait it out, keep chasing it up and hopefully you'll get a little something else out of it if you make enough fuss.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
1LOUDXFUTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if its annoying you that much, call consumer protection. they will give you the advice you're after