Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 22-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Calder Park 20th

Hey everyone, went to Calder Park on the friday night, first meet for the new year and it was a great turnout. Lots of street cars but surprisingly not as many late model fords as usual. There was a Black Edition GT there (anyone form here?) which ran a 13.3 on its first pass, didnt catch any of the other runs.

I finished up with a best of 13.16@109.5. The lowest the temperature got to was 17.8 degrees and humidity was around 80%. I was happy with the times considering i ran with a full tank (last time around a quarter) and abit of extra weight (Around 50kg extra all up). I didnt manage a PB ET wise but the car was consistent running a 13.16, 13.18 and 13.20.

I did however manage to beat my best 60ft time, with a new best of 2.04. This was with my XR8 18s with pressures set to 27psi. Hopefully next meet i can get it into the 1.9X range without that extra weight. Cars going into Bluepower for a retune tomorrow so next meet it should be packing a bit more power anyway

There was also an FG GT there which ran a high 14 (didnt see it run again) and a friends SLR5000 Torana (genuine) ran a flat 12 with a basic 304. There was also a little ripper of a Turbo starlet there punching out 260rwkw with a a shot of nitrous, ran 11.3 @ 137mph

XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
shane & cheyne

Default Re: Calder Park 20th

Hi, yes I saw your car there,I was a bit behind you as I didn't get there till 7.50pm(due to technical issue).
It was a huge turn out - good range of cars/ford/holden/mazda/chev/ muscle & modern!. Was a bit disapointed as I only got 1 run at just after 10.30pm but after all the problems was happy to leave with a PB of 13.02@105.69 (I was in my turbo territory ghia/ the only one there!)& had a 3/4 full tank!
Next time I will only have just under a 1/2 tank & hopefully break into the 12 second bracket!.
I will look out for you next time & introduce myself- (I will be in the black TTG)
shane & cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
Ivan

Is it true that the entry fee was discounted?

Ian
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2012, 02:13 AM   #4
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane & cheyne
Hi, yes I saw your car there,I was a bit behind you as I didn't get there till 7.50pm(due to technical issue).
It was a huge turn out - good range of cars/ford/holden/mazda/chev/ muscle & modern!. Was a bit disapointed as I only got 1 run at just after 10.30pm but after all the problems was happy to leave with a PB of 13.02@105.69 (I was in my turbo territory ghia/ the only one there!)& had a 3/4 full tank!
Next time I will only have just under a 1/2 tank & hopefully break into the 12 second bracket!.
I will look out for you next time & introduce myself- (I will be in the black TTG)
Hey mate, i do remember seeing your car! Great time, although probably the most frustrating as it so close to a 12 haha. What mods have you done? I will hopefully be there the next meet so if you go we'll have a chat

Ivan im not too sure about the entry fee but i did hear them announce that girls can race for free.....should wear a wig from now on
Old 23-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Ha ha only 2 runs - couple of my mates went and got there at 5pm and they only got 2 runs in as well.

Anytime I have been to HEATHCOTE I get to run 7+ times easy on normal street meets on Saturdays or Sundays - even AFF Drag Nats you get stax of runs in, what a waste of money going to Calder - good to spectate though I guess.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It wasn't too bad, I got 4 runs in total but if I stayed till the end I could have sneaked another one in. One time at at Calder 2 years ago i got 20 runs in
Old 23-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Edit double post
Old 23-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Total waste of time running at Calder. No real value for just 1 or 2 runs.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

i was there on friday, only got 2 runs, bogged both runs, complete waste of money up there! im happy running my beast at heathcote!!
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #10
shane & cheyne

Hello XRCIST, as far as Mods go - De-bung exhaust,F6 bottom snorkle,60lb injectors & a tune other than that she is all standard (even still have a tow bar!) I just remove tow ball & spare wheel.
look FORD 2 catching up with you! Shane
shane & cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post