Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-04-2023, 08:46 PM   #13
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Modern take on a good ol Pommy Morris van.

Yep I think there's a parks pass relevant to certain areas of NSW.

Just prior to covid down here the #vanlyfe got pretty hectic and when everything locked down the council actually padlocked and barricaded a road into a night sleeping hotspot. The vans became thin on the ground. Now it's game on once more, quite a few hired campers too. I really miss the Wicked Vans - no safety in a 1990s Hiace and vulgar sprays, the 'Old McDonald and his farm animals' one was a classic and something you wouldn't want children to see. Imagine it being your theme for your gap year around Oz...

Re: the freecamping bit, we've done quite a bit of it recently (helps knowing some pretty isolated country and roads)

We camped out over the SA cliffs about 10km east of Eucla, overlooking the beginning of the Roe Plain, magnificent views from the escarpment, setting sunset over the West, perfect place for a hard earned drink after a day's driving.

Had a look at a VW Transporter that was about to be converted into a camper and tbh I really liked it. Yikes.