Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 23-06-2021, 04:08 PM   #11671
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Can see this as a viable option when Moderna is delivered later on in the year. Merkel, being a scientist by trade, would have done her homework?

Angela Merkel given Moderna as second COVID-19 jab after having AstraZeneca as first injection
https://www.euronews.com/2021/06/22/...as-first-injec

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
So, an update after getting my jab on Monday. I had a restless night's sleep last night. Not sure if it was related to the Pfizer jab, it was because I was sore from the 220 pushups I did yesterday, whether it was simply a self-fulfilling prophecy, or a combination of all the above.

But i do recall that I had a couple of restless nights' sleep following the first jab, and that they started the day after I had the jab, ie the night of the jab was ok.

See how I go tonight.
Fox, and others, did you get a SMS from VicGov asking you to complete a survey on side affects day 4 and day 8?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 23-06-2021, 05:13 PM   #11672
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

Fox, and others, did you get a SMS from VicGov asking you to complete a survey on side affects day 4 and day 8?
Yes, 3 early texts, then just got one again @ 6 weeks, but only 2 questions on it, interestingly the 2nd one was asking have you tested positively for Covid since getting the jab

This user likes this post:
Old 23-06-2021, 05:25 PM   #11673
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Can see this as a viable option when Moderna is delivered later on in the year. Merkel, being a scientist by trade, would have done her homework?

Angela Merkel given Moderna as second COVID-19 jab after having AstraZeneca as first injection
https://www.euronews.com/2021/06/22/...as-first-injec

No, no texts for me to date. I did get an email from myGov to say that my vaccination certificate was available through myGov tho.That was the day after I got the jab.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 23-06-2021, 05:33 PM   #11674
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Yes, 3 early texts, then just got one again @ 6 weeks, but only 2 questions on it, interestingly the 2nd one was asking have you tested positively for Covid since getting the jab
I got one on day 4 and then day 8. Same questions both times. About 8 questions, rattling off a set of symptoms for you to select. Probably tailored for the jab you had and where you had it, if foxy didn't get one.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

2 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2021, 09:25 AM   #11675
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Hazzard isolating after potential close contact
NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard has revealed he is in isolation after potentially being exposed to COVID-19.

The news comes after the Minister cancelled a number of live television interviews this morning to await confirmation from the health department.

Mr Hazzard said he received a text overnight from health authorities that a likely positive case works at NSW Parliament.

"[They're] telling me that a case had been detected as a likely positive and that I was a possible close contact," he said.

The minister said there were more positive infections detected overnight, but wouldn't say how many.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...down/100239412

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 24-06-2021, 09:55 AM   #11676
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

And now this (my bold):

Quote:
The NSW agriculture minister, Adam Marshall, confirmed to 2GB’s Ben Fordham this morning that he has tested positive to Covid-19.

In a statement read on air by Fordham, Marshall said:

I just received a call then from NSW health formally advising me (I had tested positive for Covid.) Asymptomatic but positive. No doubt from the the pizza joint I went to on Monday evening. I’ve been in full Iso since Tuesday night, when I got the text to get tested.

Fordham said that Marshall was one of four MPs who had dined at Christos Pizza in Paddington on Monday night.
Tuesday was a busy day in NSW parliament with the state budget handed down. There were also party room meetings.

The health minister Brad Hazzard, who is in self-isolation, told 2GB he was not certain whether he’d been advised to do so because he was a close contact of Marshall’s.
This has potential to take off big time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2021, 10:47 AM   #11677
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
And now this (my bold):

This has potential to take off big time!
We've asked "non essential" staff in our sydney offices to start WFH. Some have used it as an excuse to start cancelling meetings

Wellington has gone into stage 2.

Rides (past and present)

Old 24-06-2021, 11:29 AM   #11678
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unhappy Re: Covid 19 -

And just in case anyone is still thinking this is 'just a flu':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWjz5l3NPME

BATTLE TO BREATHE

NEW RESEARCH UNCOVERS COVID’S LONG-TERM EFFECTS

Researchers at La Trobe University supported by scientists from ANSTO have uncovered how the COVID-19 virus attacks human lung tissue potentially creating disastrous long-term health effects.
Researchers utilized the Macromolecular Crystallography (MX) Beamlines at the ANSTO Synchrotron to examine at an atomic scale, a complex of two proteins: one from COVID-19 and the second from human lungs.
The world-first discovery of this common relationship helps to understand how the deadly virus attacks lung tissue in healthy people and those with pre-existing conditions.
Publishing their results in Communications Biology last week, the Australian-led world-first research will now assist dedicated and hard-working medical professionals around the globe.
ANSTO MX Beamline’s Principal Scientist Dr Rachel Williamson believes the discovery is a critical step in medical research.
“Some young healthy people continue to have a dangerous misconception that COVID-19 is not too serious for them, and that if they contract the virus, they will recover quickly,” Dr Williamson said.
“This isn’t the flu, it is a new virus and, we have very little information about the long-term, potentially extremely serious, health impacts on the body in five, ten, or even twenty years from now.”
La Trobe University Professor Marc Kvansakul said the past twelve months has shown that COVID-19 can produce greatly varying illnesses.
“We’ve seen many patients around the world recover from the acute phase of the disease, only to discover that they have long-term damage to lungs and other organs,” Prof Kvansakul said.
“Pinpointing exactly how this damage occurs brings us an important step closer to developing treatments that can be administered while patients are still in intensive care.”
La Trobe University Professor Patrick Humbert said developing the COVID-19 vaccines was rightly the first priority, however now it is imperative that science shifts focus to also find treatments to combat COVID-19’s long-term effects.
“We’ve already seen how this virus can mutate into new strains, meaning our current vaccines won’t always be effective,” Prof Humbert said.
The $300 million ANSTO Synchrotron is one of a handful of such devices in the world. By having this critical facility here in Australia, we are creating the opportunity for Australians to lead the world in
science and innovation.
An animation of the interaction between the SARS-CoV-2 E (envelope protein) and Pals1, a key protein found in human tissue can be found in the link above.

Media Contact | ANSTO | Marcus Middleton 0439 350 692
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #11679
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 23rd, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

14 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 2.995%.

3 cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.955% and active cases 24.

The UK had a higher 15,882 cases yesterday and higher 19 deaths.

A lower 11,922 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 426 deaths sees CMR at 1.795%.

Other notable points:

Global cases pass 180M, the last 1M in 3 days;
Global deaths pass 3.9M, the last 50k in 6 days;
Monday (21/6) was the first day under 300k cases since 5/10/20;
Africa moves about the 90th percentile for the 10-day period;
South America passes 32M cases;

Rwanda (964);
Cuba (2,055);
Indonesia (15,308); and
Brazil (114,139)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day
period and the Philippines drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 25-06-2021 at 01:25 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2021, 12:02 PM   #11680
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Being idly curious, I was looking at how long it took globally to reach certain COVID milestones.

If we work on 1st March last year as the point at which the pandemic was declared globally, then it took:

75 days to surpass 100k cases / day (15th May);
another 47 days to surpass 200k cases / day (1st July);
another 71 days to surpass 300k cases / day (10th September);
another 35 days to surpass 400k cases / day (15th October);
another 13 days to surpass 500k cases / day (28th October);
another 8 days to surpass 600k cases / day (5th November);
another 35 days to surpass 700k cases / day (10th December);
another 27 days to surpass 800k cases / day (6th January);

.. we then had a short period where things started moving in the right direction and it took:

10 days to drop below 700k cases / day (16th January);
8 days to drop below 600k cases / day (24th January);
12 days to drop below 500k cases / day (5th February);

.. before numbers started to increase again and it took:

37 days to rise above 500k cases / day (17th March);
8 days to rise above 600k cases / day (25th March);
7 days to rise above 700k cases / day (1st April);
13 days to rise above 800k cases / day (14th April);
9 days to rise above 900k cases / day (23rd April) and set a new record on 29th April;

.. before things started to improve and it took:

15 days to drop below 800k cases / day (8th May);
7 days to drop below 700k cases / day (15th May);
7 days to drop below 600k cases / day (22nd May);
14 days to drop below 500k cases / day (5th June);

.. and we've not yet dropped sustainably below 400k cases / day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 24-06-2021, 01:59 PM   #11681
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

We’re ready.
Old 24-06-2021, 01:59 PM   #11682
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like KPMG was on the money...

https://www.northerndailyleader.com....-case/?cs=9676

Quote:
It comes as Treasurer Tim Pallas revealed Victoria's economy took a $1.3 billion hit during its most recent lockdown.

Treasury estimates the first week of lockdown, which encompassed all of Victoria, cost $700 million, while the second week in metropolitan Melbourne cost $600 million.

"If you look at the contribution that the state made in terms of allocations, we put in about $500 million worth of support during that two-week period," Mr Pallas said outside state parliament on Thursday.

Rides (past and present)

Old 24-06-2021, 02:30 PM   #11683
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

I think this sums up trying to follow NSW numbers

Old 24-06-2021, 02:30 PM   #11684
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

..........New local case for Melb linked to Sydney outbreak, flew in from NSW green zone

Quote:
Another case of COVID-19 has been detected in Melbourne, after a man in his 60s flew into the city from Sydney.

Acting Premier James Merlino said the man was tested and returned a positive result this morning.

All of Greater Sydney and Wollongong will be classified by the Victorian Government as a red zone.

Rides (past and present)

Old 24-06-2021, 03:45 PM   #11685
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
We’re ready.
Nowhere near enough! You need at least a few more dozen rolls going by observation of previous panic-buying habits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 24-06-2021, 08:22 PM   #11686
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting poll result, especially coming from readers of this propaganda media outlet.

Australians seem happier to be locked down than vaccinated, and it makes no sense

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...56f15e8d687f6d

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2021, 10:20 PM   #11687
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I shopped tonight, the “easy cooking” cuts of meat were heavily depleted. Pasta shelves had a dent in their stock, as did the bog rolls. Some common fruit and veg were down. Perhaps more people in the freezer aisles than normal. Mask rules don’t apply if you’re Middle Eastern and aged under 40.

Quote:
Interesting poll result, especially coming from readers of this propaganda media outlet.

Australians seem happier to be locked down than vaccinated, and it makes no sense

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...56f15e8d687f6d
I despair; the average Aussie would seemingly love the old USSR now.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2021, 01:35 AM   #11688
zilo
BANNED

So on the news tonight, AstraZenica vaccine to be phased out by October.

What a complete and utter stuff up.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 25-06-2021, 06:19 AM   #11689
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

It’s probably not often we agree on something, comrade, but definitely this one.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showpo...postcount=5443

Old 25-06-2021, 11:28 AM   #11690
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

It's just a horizon.

Really poor choice of words, made my elderly parents panic. They didn't have any anxiety with their upcoming 2nd shot of AZ until they heard "phase out" yesterday. For some reason they thought that meant it was ineffective.

The 2nd melb case of the limo virus also happens to live in our LGA. Yesterday wasn't a great day for the old folks.

Rides (past and present)

Old 25-06-2021, 11:56 AM   #11691
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I shopped tonight, the “easy cooking” cuts of meat were heavily depleted. Pasta shelves had a dent in their stock, as did the bog rolls. Some common fruit and veg were down. Perhaps more people in the freezer aisles than normal. Mask rules don’t apply if you’re Middle Eastern and aged under 40.

I despair; the average Aussie would seemingly love the old USSR now.
Had a few calls with work colleagues up in Sydney late in the day yesterday. Indications are that panic buying already started and sydneysiders are voluntarily shunning the busier shopping malls? If true, there is at least some common sense.

Don't call it "lock down" if they don't want to, but for the sake of the rest of the country put some controls to stop the spread. "Don't move unless you want to"...wtf does that even mean?

Melb man caught the virus at the superspreader party but was never contacted by GSS contact tracing team. LNP MPs who came into contact with the agricultural minister are saying they have been asked to self isolate, but labor MPs are saying they have had no such advice from NSW Health.

Vic is due to return to covid normal next week, 5 weeks since "lock down" was invoked. Obviously that could all go to ****s if londo man has managed to spread.

Rides (past and present)

Old 25-06-2021, 12:37 PM   #11692
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:

This latest news will have a huge impact on people’s willingness to put trust in these vaccines… Confidence levels are already rock bottom,.. Should I wait?, Is it safe?, Which brand should I get?
Pfizer (Viagra) has THE bucks and enormous resources tied up in this sh itfight…
The money they’re receiving from world governments….. One can only imagine?
Not to mention the world’s most influential “bigboys” having their fingers in the pie?
Tell me which is the preferred vaccine of the world’s politicians? Pfizer naturally!
The media generating all this fear or uncertainty of the AZ plays right into Pfizer’s business model…
The WHOLE lot’s about MONEY, not cure or immunisation…. It’s $$$$$$$
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 25-06-2021, 12:55 PM   #11693
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 24th, 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

24 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 2.993%.

No cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.955% and active cases 24.

The UK had a higher 16,702 cases yesterday and higher 21 deaths.

A higher 15,871 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 365 deaths sees CMR at 1.795%.

Other notable points:

Asia passes 55M cases;

Fiji (308);
Zambia (3,594);
Indonesia (20,574);and
Colombia (32,997)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day
period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2021, 12:58 PM   #11694
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
This latest news will have a huge impact on people’s willingness to put trust in these vaccines… Confidence levels are already rock bottom,.. Should I wait?, Is it safe?, Which brand should I get?
Pfizer (Viagra) has THE bucks and enormous resources tied up in this sh itfight…
The money they’re receiving from world governments….. One can only imagine?
Not to mention the world’s most influential “bigboys” having their fingers in the pie?
Tell me which is the preferred vaccine of the world’s politicians? Pfizer naturally!
The media generating all this fear or uncertainty of the AZ plays right into Pfizer’s business model…
The WHOLE lot’s about MONEY, not cure or immunisation…. It’s $$$$$$$
Will be interesting to see where those injections of AZ go to. I'm betting it will become aid to other countries.
Old 25-06-2021, 01:56 PM   #11695
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

This should stir the pot a bit

Is NSW's contacting tracing system still the gold standard?
Australian Medical Association (AMA) President Omar Khorshid doesn't seem confident it'll be enough to combat the Delta strain.

"The Delta strain is significantly more transmissible than anything Sydney has faced before.

"They managed to get ahead of the outbreak earlier in the year but it still talk around about a month and it impacted the lives of people in the Northern Beaches significantly.

"Delta is now out and about.

"There are locations throughout Sydney that are of concern and there are hundreds and thousands of people being traced right now.

"We have to get ahead of it.

"The virus is two or three days ahead of the contact tracing."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...-qld/100242886

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2021, 02:08 PM   #11696
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

GSS etc is all hogwash....do we honestly think we know all of the community transmission....that we know 100% where outbreaks are etc.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2021, 03:42 PM   #11697
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
GSS etc is all hogwash....do we honestly think we know all of the community transmission....that we know 100% where outbreaks are etc.
spot on...testing 1 percent doesnt give anywhere near the truth...

we could stop importing it from india....oh gosh so racist of me they cried

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 25-06-2021, 03:46 PM   #11698
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe rename India Delta, that will remove the racist element..
Old 25-06-2021, 03:49 PM   #11699
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Maybe rename India Delta, that will remove the racist element..
Sydney GSS Variant?
Old 25-06-2021, 04:31 PM   #11700
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
we could stop importing it from india....oh gosh so racist of me they cried
This one didn't come from India though....

Rides (past and present)

Closed Thread