Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:55 PM   #1
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Default WinterNats ***pics*** dial up be aware

WEll What a day!!! Absolutely massive crowd, great great facilties, Willowbank Raceway is run by some very switched on people... I'll let some pictures do the talking as I could type for ever I am still that pumped up!

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Old 11-06-2005, 09:04 PM   #3
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Old 11-06-2005, 09:10 PM   #4
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Old 11-06-2005, 09:12 PM   #5
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Old 11-06-2005, 09:13 PM   #6
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Just Love it, your a lucky person, thx for the pictures.
What was the best ET of the day?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2005, 09:14 PM   #7
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Thats only off one card... and I filled 3 hehe

Old 11-06-2005, 09:20 PM   #8
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Just Love it, your a lucky person, thx for the pictures.
What was the best ET of the day?
Best ET was a 5.34 3/4 pass from a top fueler

Ben Bray went 6.04 in Doorslammer

The oranage BA had an 'incident' in the braking area and doesn't look that nice anymore :(

SO many Sub 10 second passes it was amazing, even 'stocko' looking steeters were hammering mid 9's

Slowest ET that i saw (problems aside) was the Street Machine car yard sponsored Skyline @ 10.4

Old 11-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #9
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Plenty of Fords, is this a daytime meeting?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:26 PM   #10
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Friday night + 9am-10pm Sat + 9am-10pm Sunday..

I was there at 8:30 this morning so by 6:30pm (and the bikes came out again hehe) I'd had my fill for today.. There was another session for the group 1 cars tonight but it'll be another long day tomorrow so I departed early

Old 11-06-2005, 09:29 PM   #11
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

And my camera hates night time pictures,, might be time to upgrade to a nice digi SLR or something..

Old 13-06-2005, 01:22 AM   #12
marcuss

Cool pix, I just got home myself and will post pics as soon as i figure out how. There was a couple of very quick fords there. Mcsweenys BB/AP falcon runs in the high 6 second zone with a blown 324 cube bullet and there was a rail from new zealand with a naturally aspirated 351W that ran 7.0. Damn quick. That thing must make close to 1000 hp on the motor.
marcuss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 06:27 PM   #13
Terror6X
Formerly eawags

Last night was wild with the top fuellers being the most entertaining.
There was a nice white 66 stang and white xf. Anyone got any pics of these two from sunday?

Pete
Terror6X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 11:16 PM   #14
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eawags
Last night was wild with the top fuellers being the most entertaining.
What was the winning ET from the top fuellers...
Old 13-06-2005, 11:50 PM   #15
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I think Morgan won with a 4.72@308 new record

Old 13-06-2005, 11:56 PM   #16
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

EDIT:- here is Morgans run in the semi to set the national record
No. 848 4.727 @ 306.33

He won the final with a 4.88

Old 14-06-2005, 12:30 AM   #17
EFFalcon
Last warning

why paint a EA to look like a BA dammit :P
awesome pics
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 12:39 AM   #18
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
I think Morgan won with a 4.72@308 new record
Thx mate, I just heard on sports tonight, that 11 of the 12 group one finalists were all Queenslanders… except for Darren Morgan (Vic) awesome ET...
Steve Reeds top fuel went up like a BBQ.
Old 14-06-2005, 03:38 AM   #19
toby123
Boosted TQE FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
EDIT:- here is Morgans run in the semi to set the national record
No. 848 4.727 @ 306.33

He won the final with a 4.88
He didn't set the national record, as he didnt back it up either way, there going very well......

Project: EF Falcon Turbo... Not long till back on the road.....
toby123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 08:38 AM   #20
302donk

spot on there toby
302donk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2005, 01:06 AM   #21
SpoolMan

Willowbank Winternationals Delivers On Day One
The Winternationals drag racing spectacular has finally arrived at Ipswich’s Willowbank Raceway and so too has the boy wonder of the Australian drag racing scene, 21 year-old Ben Bray.
Delivering on the potential showcase of World class achievements, Bray set the tone in Deno’s Cranes Top Alcohol, edging close to within one hundredth of a second of the current National elapsed time record with a time of 5.72 seconds.
The Brisbane driver also struck a chord in Jack Daniel’s Top Doorslammer as the top qualifier in a time of 6.07 seconds.

A fellow Queenslander shone through in the Kings of the Sport R.D Williams Group Top Fuel as Sunshine Coast racer Steve Read recorded a top qualifying time of 4.87 seconds.

The Group One categories provided much of the early indicators that the 2005 event will be a fitting showpiece of the dramatic rise in competition among Australian competitors.

Bunya’s Top Alcohol driver Steve Reed enjoyed clean running to claim second spot in a time of 5.79 seconds among a strong 15-car field.

Another commendable performance in the bracket came in the form of Western Australian driver Damien Harris who was the fastest in the filed recording an impressive 253mph over the quarter mile.

A confirmed starting list of 557 coupled with the healthy day one crowd at the Winternationals has given Willowbank Raceway officials even more reason to suspect records both on and off the track will be surpassed over the next two days.

“It’s extremely difficult to contain yourself knowing full well that the 2005 Winternationals is shaping as an awesome showcase of first class drag racing,” said Willowbank Raceway General Manager Steve Bettes.

“My only advice to motor racing fans throughout South-East Queensland is to make your way out to Willowbank Raceway and witness first hand this magnificent spectacle.

“We’ve seen tonight a sample of what to expect over the weekend and with a full qualifying session and finals eliminators still to come, the intensity is sure to reach fever pitch right up through to Sunday night.”

Racing tomorrow begins from 9am with Group One action starting at the earlier time of 2pm.

The Ipswich City Council is fully committed to motorsport in the region and is an active member of the Carnival of Horsepower promotion that seeks to encourage the general public to attend major events on the Ipswich sporting calendar.

Winternationals pointers:

RD Williams Group Top Fuel – Top Qualifier Steve Read 4.87 seconds

Deno’s Cranes Top Alcohol – Top Qualifier Ben Bray 5.72 seconds

Jack Daniel’s Top Doorslammer – Top Qualifier Ben Bray 6.07 seconds. This was a Queensland 1-2-3 on the time sheets with Gary Phillips and Victor Bray hot on the heels of the young protégé

Morgan and Wacker Top Bike – Top Qualifier Craig Bonwick 6.85 seconds. A sensational effort with Craig recirding his first ever six second pass in the bracket.

Travelaire Tours Pro Stock – Top Qualifier Denis Whiting 7.42 seconds - A Toowoomba one/two with reigning champion Tony Wedlock snatching the second qualifying position after day one as he shapes for a three peat of Winternationals successes.

Queensland Times Pro Stock Motorcycle – Top Qualifier and reigning champion Daniel Peatey of Gladstone sets himself for a genuine title defence by turning in a 7.51 second pass, which is under his own National elapsed time record.

thx to NMD for the story.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 15-06-2005, 01:16 AM   #22
SpoolMan

A Winning Winternationals For Morgan (Day 2)
A bumper weekend crowd like never before seen in the 38-year history of the Winternationals at Queensland’s Willowbank Raceway, has bore witness to a sensational exhibition of professional drag racing which was again typified by some record breaking achievements.
Complementing the momentous occasion for the sport, competitors in all six Group One categories stood tall to deliver an appropriate showcase of quarter mile racing with the Kings of the sport in R.D Williams Group Top Fuel leading the way.

Victorian Darren Morgan completed a clean sweep of the category and in the process was able to secure the quickest quarter mile time ever recorded in Australia of 4.734 seconds during his semi-final appearance.

That set up a rematch with his regular sparring partner, Queensland driver Steve Read and again the result and the Winternationals crown went to Morgan capping off a sensational undefeated season for the Southerner.

In a fitting finale to Queensland week, it was home state drivers filling all but Morgan’s place in the Group One finals.

For Ben Bray the disappointment of red lighting at the start line in the first round of Jack Daniel’s Top Doorslammer was perhaps tapered down a little as the 21 year-old competed in his second successive final of Deno’s Cranes Top Alcohol.

But up against second qualifier Steve Reed of Bunya it was always going to be a tough assignment and despite enjoying a good launch at the start, Reed was the overall aggressor rocketing back into contention by half-track to gain the nod over the young adversary.

Fellow Brisbane driver Gary Phillips was able to progress through for a semi-finals appearance which was enough for him to defend his Australian Championship.

On more than the odd occasion Phillips too has faced up against the Bray family in Jack Daniel’s Top Doorslammer and for the 2005 Winternationals prize he was up against fellow veteran, six-time National champion Victor Bray.

While Ben Bray relinquished his unbeaten run at 24 straight race victories it was his Dad ensuring the Bray name remained encrypted on the Winternationals trophy when he turned in a 6.10 seconds pass to Phillips’ 6.16 seconds.
As has been the case for the bulk of 2005, team-mates Brett Stevens and Troy McLean again aimed up against each other in Morgan and Wacker Top Bike.

Stevens had already wrapped up the National title through some consistent performances this year but it didn’t help him this time around as a red light brought a premature end to his campaign handing a gift Gold Christmas tree to Mclean who turned in a more than credible 6.69 second pass.

Travelaire Tours Pro Stock has been a category hard fought from day one of the season and typically it was again a tussle among the entire field to gain ascendency.
But as has been the case time and time again Sunshine Coast campaigner Dave Rogan made all the right moves turning in a 7.33 seconds pass to defeat Toowoomba’s Denis Whiting (7.45 secs) in a closely contested final.

Similarly the Australian Championship was on the line in Queensland Times Pro Stock Motorcycle and that brought out the best in all drivers within the field.

Defending champion Daniel Peatey made all the right moves to advance to the final and set himself up for back-to-back National titles, however fellow North Queenslander Michael Gilbertson had other ideas and pushed his bike to a 7.64 second pass up against Peatey’s 8.10 seconds to claim the Championship and the Winternationals crown.

For full results of the 2005 Winternationals visit the website
www.willowbank-raceway.com.au
Old 15-06-2005, 01:19 AM   #23
SpoolMan

Jack Daniel’s Racing Go One-Two In Top Bike

Riding the Jack Daniel’s Racing teams second Nitro Harley, Queenslander Troy McLean put in some magical performances to take out the Top Bike category at the Australian Winternationals at Willowbank Raceway on the weekend.
McLean Top Qualified with a person best 6.59 second pass over the quarter mile on his 800 horsepower mount meaning that he has personally lowered Australia’s quickest Harley Record four times this season.

In the final McLean took on team boss and newly crowned 2005 Australian Top Bike Champion Brett Stevens making an all Jack Daniel’s Racing final and a one-two result for the team a certainly.

When Stevens red-lighted at the start line it handed to the win to McLean, who blasted another 6 second pass anyway to keep the huge record crowd on their feet.

“This season has been great, our bikes have consistently been the quickest and fastest in the field at every round,” McLean said.

“There couldn’t have been a better way to finish the year for both myself and the team to have both bikes in the final.”

“I would also like to thank Brett Stevens for the ride, without this man I would not be racing today.”

Adding to the great result for the team on the weekend, McLean also secured the runner up position in the National Title chase meaning it was also a Jack Daniel’s Racing one-two in the Australian Championship, but in the reverse order.

Stevens secured enough points to win his first Australian Title in his 15th year of competing in the bracket after taking out the preceding round in Sydney, giving him an untouchable lead coming into the Winternationals.

In a touching presentation of the Championship trophy, Stevens got his Top Bike crew on the stage, which consists of his father George and brother Corey, to pay respect to the work they have done for him.

He then presented the 2005 Australian Top Fuel Bike Championship trophy to his father who has been by his side his entire racing career.

“This has been a long time coming. A lot of blood, sweat and tears have gone into getting this trophy after so many years of competing,” Stevens said.

“I would like to thank my competitors, the fans, my wife Kath and my great team. Without them I would not be able to do what I am today.”

“I would also like my dad to have the winning trophy. He has been by my side from the very beginning and this trophy is as much his as it is mine.”

Stevens also competed in the professional Top Doorslammer and Top Alcohol brackets at the Winternationals which both produced the quickest qualifying fields ever Australia.

He managed to reach the semi-finals in his Doorslammer but didn’t make the highly competitive field in his Top Alcohol Funny Car for the first time ever after suffering tyre shake at the start line over the entire weekend.
Old 15-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #24
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was there for Sunday racing (with 5LMONTY) and it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Ive also got some pics but gotta work out how to post em..........
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 05:12 PM   #25
5LMonty
FORD = First On Race Day

A couple more pics from Sundays sessions... Enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg R001-001.JPG (40.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg R001-002.JPG (56.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg R001-006.JPG (49.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg R001-008.JPG (34.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg R001-012.JPG (45.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg R001-016.JPG (60.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg R001-022.JPG (62.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg R001-020.JPG (58.1 KB, 25 views)
5LMonty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 05:34 PM   #26
5LMonty
FORD = First On Race Day

Have a couple more to upload but have exceeded my limit apparently.. Have to wait sorry guys... www.willowbank-raceway.com.au has some great pics too!!!
5LMonty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post