Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 03-06-2005, 11:15 PM   #1
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Default Sly Xr8 Is Now The Fastest And Quickest Xr8 BOSS 260 Unopened In Aust

Hey guys just recieved notice that Sly xr8 (dave) is now the quickest and fastest unopened BOSS 260 in Australia.
He ran a 13.15 with a 2.00 60ft about ten minutes ago at Calder will have more details when l get them as they are still at the track....
Old 03-06-2005, 11:46 PM   #2
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking Ba Xr8

Well, it's been coming..... What are his mods?, have to be an edit...
Old 04-06-2005, 12:04 AM   #3
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Hey guys just recieved notice that Sly xr8 (dave) is now the quickest and fastest unopened BOSS 260 in Australia.
He ran a 13.15 with a 2.00 60ft about ten minutes ago at Calder will have more details when l get them as they are still at the track....
Well done, one fast car and i'm sure many to follow.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 12:28 AM   #4
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Well done boys, the edit starting to show its true colours.

Go the BOSS! :sm_headba :sm_headba
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 12:29 AM   #5
gtfpv
GT

excellant . what are his mods...????
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 12:41 AM   #6
rodderz

Well done to David and to Chris for the great steer of it for the record

Great time rivals the GT's, a reward for the hard work and trialling along the way

Was a great night for racing, cool air, seen a number of PB's....Mr. Turbo got 11.90 i think, Brad (xr888) 13.28, well done guys
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 12:42 AM   #7
SLY XR8
Who's your Daddy now

Well i'm the man now :

With a extra big THANKS to Chris and Simon. Who have done all the hard work in making this happen

WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!!!!!

Thats What I'm Talking About!!!!

SLY XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 12:42 AM   #8
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
excellant . what are his mods...????
Just the usuall mate cai, zorst, underdrives, edit. its mainly those tunes, the boys are onto a good wicket.

Oh by the way congratulations to all involved well deserved.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:45 AM   #9
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Brad (xr888) 13.28, well done guys
Well done Brad, man these results are coming on thick and fast.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:55 AM   #10
Chris
AFF.com.au

What a surreal evening - I have to give comiserations to Brad - XR8888, as I drove his car on the 13.28 pass and forgot 4th gear, howling on the limiter across the line........... This car has a high teen in it easy.

THEN, I grabbed my helmet and rushed to daves car (after being almost raped by Brad) and after a 3rd gear burnout, went 13.15.

I was so stoked I forgot to slow down.......thank god for premium brakes!!

Then, I had to run a number in my own car, went a 13.46, bettering my calder PB of 13.50. (exhaust is going on this week!!)

I was happiest to have met Brad this week, and have a ball with these two guys whom I class as great mates with whom I have high regard. If you line up against them at the AFF day..........

Be careful. especially that red one.

Well done boys.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 01:08 AM   #11
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
What a surreal evening - I have to give comiserations to Brad - XR8888, as I drove his car on the 13.28 pass and forgot 4th gear, howling on the limiter across the line........... This car has a high teen in it easy.

THEN, I grabbed my helmet and rushed to daves car (after being almost raped by Brad) and after a 3rd gear burnout, went 13.15.

I was so stoked I forgot to slow down.......thank god for premium brakes!!

Then, I had to run a number in my own car, went a 13.46, bettering my calder PB of 13.50. (exhaust is going on this week!!)

I was happiest to have met Brad this week, and have a ball with these two guys whom I class as great mates with whom I have high regard. If you line up against them at the AFF day..........

Be careful. especially that red one.

Well done boys.
Mate be good to see what she can do with a exaust seems to be getting a stock pile knockin on the 12 second door.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:09 AM   #12
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

What a great night ( nothing broken which is always good). Congrats to Dave for the record...that car of yours is a rocket ship.

As for my car, 13.51 was a PB for me which I was delighted to get. Car also ran a PB of 13.28 with Chris hitting the limiter over the line....obviously he needs some lessons on how to steer a car !!!

I was over the moon when Chris ran the time...mate a fair bit has happened this week and you deserve all the credit for both mine and Daves car.....I don't think I've ever met someone so passionate about these cars...to be honest I can't speak more highly of you.

Thanks for the pizza and beer the other night.....your dog rocks and so does your tune !!

Bluepower and Xtreme....thanks.

Until Heathcote...

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 01:19 AM   #13
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats guys, youve done the Edit proud. Brad shame mate, I have a feeling your car will be in that elusive 12 second bracket soon.

Quote:
Well i'm the man now

With a extra big THANKS to Chris and Simon. Who have done all the hard work in making this happen

WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!!!!!
hahahahha Sly, you da man mate, well done What a BEAST! 13.15 in a 260 BOSS. WAY to go!

On ya chris, mate maybe you better stay with those autos :P forgetten 4th gear is like nearly going all the way...and then changing your mind right at the end. 2.0 60 with a 13.28??? look out!

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 01:24 AM   #14
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

OK Chris looks like the panther might have to do a little bit of work on her over the next week things might be looking up, from where l might be sitting anyways.

Cheers to the boys tonight yet again l don't go and miss out on all the fun,Rach better have it all on video.

Looks like Orsm Ford Cruisers has some quick cars in it
Old 04-06-2005, 01:29 AM   #15
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On another note it looks like i better stop tuning everyone elses cars and get my own down the track.. theres a XR8 thats almost beaten my GT-P!

Hey guys, all of you who have taken the step forward and put faith in myself and chris to edit your cars, thanks for the trust in letting us show you what we can do with the right tools .

Maybe when i have the time and the right drugs i can get on a plane and come over there. Drugs being those that the doctor supplies to knock me out to drag me on the bloody plane!

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 01:31 AM   #16
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
On another note it looks like i better stop tuning everyone elses cars and get my own down the track.. theres a XR8 thats almost beaten my GT-P!

Hey guys, all of you who have taken the step forward and put faith in myself and chris to edit your cars, thanks for the trust in letting us show you what we can do with the right tools .

Maybe when i have the time and the right drugs i can get on a plane and come over there. Drugs being those that the doctor supplies to knock me out to drag me on the bloody plane!
lt's ok Simon l heard the A-Team are getting back together maybe l could borrow some drugs of those boys they know how to knock MR T out for a flight LOL
Old 04-06-2005, 02:40 AM   #17
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quality stuff tonight we seen from the BA camp, Dave's Ute ET13.15 well done your Ute is on fire, Brad 13.28 is a ripper also.
13.46 For the Chris's Ute.
Chris was the steerer and tuner on all 3 cars...that’s a top nights work.. Well done..
Mr.Turbo got 11.90 XR6T
THCinc had one pass went 12.5@118mph got to love these Phantom Utes.. lol.
Rods Pursuit same ET but 129mph is good for an easy 10 sec pass, its making huge power...
Good night for the Boss powered Fords.
Well done to all..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 04-06-2005 at 02:59 AM.
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 02:41 AM   #18
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLY XR8
Well i'm the man now :

WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!!!!!
Good man well done ,maybe i should put some headers on mine now ey.!!!! : :

"Hate it or love,the underdogs on top"
GT-P 738 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 02:43 AM   #19
XRQTOR
Banned

Well done to all invloved, Simon & Chris sure know how to get these Boss powered cars moving in hurry. All their Tooning is paying off and the results are speaking for themselfs.

Now it's a race to see who's going to be the 2nd into the 12 second zone.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 02:48 AM   #20
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Congrats guys, youve done the Edit proud. Brad shame mate, I have a feeling your car will be in that elusive 12 second bracket soon.

hahahahha Sly, you da man mate, well done What a BEAST! 13.15 in a 260 BOSS. WAY to go!

On ya chris, mate maybe you better stay with those autos :P forgetten 4th gear is like nearly going all the way...and then changing your mind right at the end. 2.0 60 with a 13.28??? look out!
SIMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hate it or love,the underdogs on top"
GT-P 738 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 03:02 AM   #21
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR

Now it's a race to see who's going to be the 2nd into the 12 second zone.
Hi Leigh, If Dave could get a half desent Hi Stall in that ute, i bet it would be him..
A 1.8 to 1.9, 60 footer would see him there..
Dave what is your best 60 foot?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 03:20 AM   #22
SLY XR8
Who's your Daddy now

Mark on street tyers its 2.045 and tonight was a 2.003