Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 25-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default Stereo Interference When Charging iPod

Just a quick issue I'm having.

I run my iPod through the aux-in in my glovebox, the other night I got a car charger for the iPod from a mate so I could keep the iPod charged while using it in the car.

Now, when the charger is plugged in and I'm using the iPod, it creates a hissing sort of sound from the stereo, quite noticable and irritating. Pull the charger out the socket and the hiss is gone.

Is this a common sort of issue? Or would it more likely be related to the charger unit itself? I don't want to spend $30-$40 on a new charger only to find it does the same thing.

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Hi Riksta, I think this may be a common issue, I've experienced it with a number of different chargers, including one of the more expensive chargers recently.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Thanks mate, you've just saved me the money I would have wasted on a new charger.

All good, will just keep the iPod charged as much as I can before using it in my car. And if it goes flat, there's always AM wireless to listen to.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
20focus05
I wanna XR5

I got interference while charging GPS even while its turned off!
the charger gave no probs if it was pluged in but not in the GPS.

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post