Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Spirit
Starter Motor

Default Heat shield removal

Ive recently had a set of Advance headers hi-flow cat and 2.5 inch system put through. The mob that fitted it have not replaced the manifold heat shield, possibly because it wouldn't fit over the headers, I'm not sure on the reasoning.

My question is does it matter? Can I leave it off? Are there any probs associated with removing as well as the legality of it?

Dave

Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
Day-mow
rexnet

Default Re: Heat shield removal

i think most people that have extractors put on dont have theirs fitted anymore. appears to be no big.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G`day Dave, i left the heat shield off my extractors for the same reason some years ago being a bit lazy and the latent heat over a period of time(couple of years) had cooked the crap out of my master cylinder reservoir,
i think you can buy sheets of the stuff that you can bend around if you want to put another shield on it from repco,
not sure about the legality of it, i`d guess as long as the installation is safe in regard to not causing a fire, ie not having stuff too close to the bulky hot pipes, like hoses/wiring etc,, you would be ok, but don`t take my word as gospel.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Spirit
Starter Motor

Thanks fellas, might leave it as is in the short term and just keep an eye on any probs from additional residual heat.
Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post