Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-09-2020, 06:23 PM   #1
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
I strongly recommend anyone following this thread to also watch this video:
https://youtu.be/GSfeZWvCeBY?t=471
Interesting vid, brings a lot of the probable hotspots into one presentation.
I read somewhere today, China is on track to have a bigger fleet of ships etc. than the U.S.
I think the Taiwan, Hong Kong and the Sth China Sea is (as per the vid) is brewing into the most probable. That said there is some experience on AFF, history etc. ; I guess who knows.

I'm not sure a Trumpless Whitehouse will help much, hopefully him not there will help build alliances.
Yes Trump supporters, he has tackled some issues but he obviously has the social skills of a preteen
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2020, 11:59 AM   #2
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
I strongly recommend anyone following this thread to also watch this video:
https://youtu.be/GSfeZWvCeBY?t=471

As we all know an invasion of Taiwan is bad news as the US would be pressured to support their interests in the region. I wouldn't be surprised however if North Korea doesn't take advantage of such a situation. If that is the case then there is no reason why China couldn't also take advantage of the situation and invade Hong Kong to assert their dominance over their claims over HK.

The US then seeing this as a greater threat also support Hong Kong. Russia then seeing this as a threat to their interests sends troops to Hong Kong Taiwan and the Chinese border.

I doubt Japan would be given up easily.

The only thing preventing this would be the Covid-19 lockdown easing and all western economies globally recovering and relations with China improving over time. Hopefully Trump doesn't win again.

I don't see the Chinese man-made islands being of any threat to anyone, an artificial Tsunami from a water detonated nuke could probably wipe them off the map quite easily.
Why would China need to invade Hong Kong? It's essentially already a part of China, they just run a slightly different system of government. One which the CCP has already watered down, and pretty much taken over already.

Based on those comments, I can pretty much just ignore the rest of your thoughts.

And Trump being in office is a good thing. He's one of the only ones keeping the CCP in check. Imagine Dementia Joe negotiating with Xi. God help the world if that happens. It would be a disaster.

Weren't you the one that went on a big anti-communist rant? Or was that someone else.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2020, 04:30 AM   #3
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Why would China need to invade Hong Kong? Based on those comments, I can pretty much just ignore the rest of your thoughts.
Talk about sticking your head in the sand.

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/1/2075003...itary-invasion

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...akness-n600266

An invasion of Taiwan would spark further unrest in HK and HK is a good port the Chinese wouldn't leave those ports alone in their plans for a larger conflict if they have any.

Specifically it would be a nice little launching point that is easily defended on all sides. The Chinese could put artillery on all sides of HK Island and defend the HK port quite easily.

There aren't many other ports nearby that are as close to their stakes in the South China Sea and Taiwan so they could use HK as a means of defending their stakes.

All of the other ports are mostly farmland.

The US won't invade Hong Kong by putting ground forces down that would be suicide, They would just bomb it. But the US fearing civilian casualties won't.

For China to take HK would be the perfect launching point into the south. The closest harbor then would be XIAODANSHAN (Near Ningbo) but that is in the east china sea, more suited for Japan.

In other news:
https://www.news.com.au/technology/i...6dbb7809166b6f

Last edited by gooseneck; 09-09-2020 at 04:57 AM.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2020, 12:13 AM   #4
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's been reported that the CCP are telling Chinese companies to cut coal and cotton imports. It's not really clear if this is a cyclical thing or meant to be 'punishment'.

I guess the next thing on the chopping block is iron ore and if the later is true (punishment), then our government should stop laying down and taking this ****.

Not sure what we can do that can hurt them without hurting Aussies but at some point a line has to be drawn.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-10-2020, 12:36 AM   #5
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post

Not sure what we can do that can hurt them without hurting Aussies but at some point a line has to be drawn.
Hopefully our trade minister is 'really' seeking other buyers and let the Chinese do what they will do.
Aus has good quality so if we can re distribute buyers, **** them up the ****
2 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2020, 12:39 AM   #6
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
Hopefully our trade minister is 'really' seeking other buyers and let the Chinese do what they will do.
Aus has good quality so if we can re distribute buyers, **** them up the ****
There is a lot of talk, just hope it has results.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:58 PM   #7
ad2013

Did anyone catch the interview on ABC radio national thismorning where a prominent Chinese born Chinese-Australian community leader, when asked how could we diffuse/rectify the current political conflict (or words to that effect); suggested we needed a new leader of our parliament/government as Scott Morrison couldn't do the job, or maybe even "a new government"? I found it very interesting that the answer wasn't that China needs a new leader!

Last edited by ad2013; 02-12-2020 at 08:17 PM. Reason: trying to minimise anything that might be construed as racist comment
ad2013 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2020, 08:19 PM   #8
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad2013 View Post
....suggested we needed a new leader of our parliament/government as Scott Morrison couldn't do the job, or maybe even "a new government"? ...I just found it very interesting that the answer wasn't that China needs a new leader!
Agree; they want to influence (or suggest) who we have as leader ?
FFS, they often say 'don't get into China's business'

They don't want Scott because he resists and/or spoke out !?
Old 02-12-2020, 08:21 PM   #9
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Did anyone catch the interview on ABC radio national thismorning where a prominent Chinese born Chinese-Australian community leader, when asked how could we diffuse/rectify the current political conflict (or words to that effect); suggested we needed a new leader of our parliament/government as Scott Morrison couldn't do the job, or maybe even "a new government"? I found it very interesting that the answer wasn't that China needs a new leader!

One more step....

I found it very interesting that the answer wasn't that we need a new leader, a Chinese one
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2020, 01:16 AM   #10
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
The Chinese are very skilled at blaming their problems and mistakes on others. They know exactly how to turn it around and shift blame while smiling and keeping a straight face.

Watch some of their fights and arguments on YouTube - makes your blood boil just watching how they can argue and defend their own stupidity.

I had the unfortunate experience of dating a Chinese girl for a while. Some of the stuff I observed and the conversations we had have a very similar tune to what China is doing to Australia.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2020, 10:38 PM   #11
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

China has killed 1,484,156 people (not including their own) around the world since December 2019. That figure is still rising. Not to mention the economic situation around the world, which will take decades to recover from.

They did this without firing a single bullet. And what is the world doing about it? Sweet f**k all. Wars have broken out for much less. China has to pay!
Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2020, 06:08 PM   #12
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Beijing threatens Australia with ‘lasting punishment’ as WeChat removes Scott Morrison’s post

In a fresh escalation of tensions, Beijing has warned Australia it faces “lasting punishment” over a call to boycott Chinese-made products.

Samantha Maiden DECEMBER 3, 2020

Beijing has warned Australia that it faces “lasting punishment” over a call to boycott Chinese-made products, led by Pauline Hanson.

The One Nation leader this week said a ban on the importation of goods produced in the country should be implemented, amid the continuing fallout over a fake image of an Australian soldier shared by a top Communist Party official on Twitter.

In an editorial in Beijing’s English-language mouthpiece The Global Times, Senator Hanson was told she can dish out all the trade threats she likes but she may not be able to handle the “lasting punishment”.

The latest stinging remarks come after the social media giant WeChat censored Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s post, which was a direct appeal to millions of Chinese users on the app.

The material published on the PM’s official account was deleted overnight, his office confirmed.

A message from WeChat now states that the content “involves the use of inciting, misleading, or contrary to objective facts, text, pictures, videos, etc., fabricate social hot spots, distort historical events, and confuse the public.”

Meanwhile, Twitter has refused Australia’s request to remove the original offending image – a doctored piece of “art” depicting a grinning Australian soldier crouching on an Afghan flag and an Australian flag, holding a knife to the throat of a child.

In his now-censored WeChat post, the PM insisted on Tuesday that the incendiary image would not diminish Australia’s respect for the Chinese community at home or abroad.

.................................................. ........
https://www.news.com.au/national/wec...e0f8399517d2f4

Old 03-12-2020, 06:28 PM   #13
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Fight over pristine Whitsundays beach reaches fever pitch

A Chinese property developer has gone to ground after locals were booted from beaches on a pristine Whitsundays island paradise they call home.

Rohan Smith DECEMBER 3, 2020

On Keswick Island, 30km from Mackay in the Whitsundays, life has changed dramatically.

Land-based access to sections of the national park have been “locked” or blocked with boulders; keep out signs have been erected along the foreshore.

The airstrip is no longer accessible and, worst of all according to locals, one of the island’s most majestic public beaches is off limits.

The picturesque playground in the Coral Sea is being controlled by a Chinese developer who has gone to ground after purchasing the 96-year lease for 117 hectares with plans to develop a tourist resort to accommodate 3000 people.

China Bloom, through Adelaide-based agent Greaton Holdings, took control of the largest lease on the subtropical island in 2019 after it was listed for sale at just under $20 million.

But the small community that calls the 530 hectares of Keswick Island home has been banned from accessing large parts of public land, including the national park (which accounts for 400 hectares).

Buggy access to the esplanade on beautiful Basil Bay is now off limits. The track is blocked with rocks and “permit only” signs.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...c1def63d319101

Old 03-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #14
marty351
Shenanigans..............

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nL9CuREXk20

Put this on we chat...
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2020, 06:54 PM   #15
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Won't make a difference, isn't YouTube blocked over there?

Old 03-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #16
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Won't make a difference, isn't YouTube blocked over there?
Not if you're a competent hacker!
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2020, 07:27 PM   #17
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Are you not worried you are making sweeping generalisation about 1.4 Billion people? Based on a girl friend and the actions of a small number of Chinese in the CCP.

Would you accept the same categorising of how "all" Australians think in the same manner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Not at all.

LOL gotta love it when there is a double down. It wasn't that long ago most of asia thought Australians thought and spoke like Pauline Hanson, so I dare say the prejudice goes both ways.

Curious, what is "mainstream Chinese"? Never heard of it. Is it main land chinese? honkie chinese? taiwanese chinese? singaporean chinese? malaysian chinese? indo chinese...... Australian chinese?

And...can you tell the difference, and if you can, how?

BTW Youtube is blocked but it isn't. Check out Barrett channel and Nathan Rich. We do business with China and have an office there. You can even apply to have your IT traffic bypass "the firewall" which we had recently done. Bet you didn't know that did you? Mind you it probably still gets monitored.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2020, 07:42 PM   #18
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
LOL gotta love it when there is a double down. It wasn't that long ago most of asia thought Australians thought and spoke like Pauline Hanson, so I dare say the prejudice goes both ways.

Curious, what is "mainstream Chinese"? Never heard of it. Is it main land chinese? honkie chinese? taiwanese chinese? singaporean chinese? malaysian chinese? indo chinese...... Australian chinese?

And...can you tell the difference, and if you can, how?

BTW Youtube is blocked but it isn't. Check out Barrett channel and Nathan Rich. We do business with China and have an office there. You can even apply to have your IT traffic bypass "the firewall" which we had recently done. Bet you didn't know that did you? Mind you it probably still gets monitored.
I refer to mainstream Chinese as those on the mainland. The rest are actually quite different - not by looks, but by mentality.

Of course I knew that you can get around the blocks I had to learn fast the first time I was there and I couldn't access my hotmail accounts

Old 16-12-2020, 07:30 AM   #19
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I cant believe Morrison is using the "our coal is cleaner" card.....in the same week he was barred from speaking at at climate change meeting based on our record.

He should of just stuck to the line of it being poor trading form.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2020, 07:48 AM   #20
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I cant believe Morrison is using the "our coal is cleaner" card.....in the same week he was barred from speaking at at climate change meeting based on our record.

He should of just stuck to the line of it being poor trading form.
I think many couldn't beleive what he said
Old 22-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #21
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Found this interesting, surprised how dependant China's power supply is on Coal.

20 years of growth

Old 22-12-2020, 04:18 PM   #22
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

I'm surprised your surprised.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2020, 04:23 PM   #23
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
I'm surprised your surprised.
surprised how little 'other' power generation methods have been used/developed.

Fair call, uninformed it appears.

Australia's primary energy consumption is dominated by coal (around 40 per cent), oil (34 per cent) and gas (22 per cent). Coal accounts for about 75 per cent of Australia's electricity generation, followed by gas (16 per cent), hydro (5 per cent) and wind around (2 per cent).
Old 22-12-2020, 04:43 PM   #24
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talk about cutting your nose of to spite your face, the Aussie coal ban is back firing on them.
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9...v.XphZN383ZbE-

Last edited by five 7; 22-12-2020 at 04:51 PM.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2020, 05:03 PM   #25
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Talk about cutting your nose of to spite your face, the Aussie coal ban is back firing on them.
well lets just say they didn't see that punch coming lol.....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2020, 08:14 PM   #26
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
well lets just say they didn't see that punch coming lol.....
It would be wrong to globally choke coal and iron ore from them wouldn't it
2 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2020, 08:52 AM   #27
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2020, 09:07 PM   #28
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldn't say they didn't see it coming more like they don't give a **** if it did so long as the machine keeps on going somehow.

They probably expected us to bend over immediately which to our credit we haven't as yet

The ships are still anchored there ready to unload and could sort it tomorrow. I would have thought you would just turn the ships around after all these months waiting but not sure if China is blocking them from leaving or not.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2020, 09:13 AM   #29
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
The ships are still anchored there ready to unload and could sort it tomorrow. I would have thought you would just turn the ships around after all these months waiting but not sure if China is blocking them from leaving or not.
It may further be that Australia has less influence on the ship owner, than does China.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2020, 09:33 AM   #30
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
It may further be that Australia has less influence on the ship owner, than does China.
i think the only thing that influences a shipping company is the cash , so parked up some ones paying , you dont just park'em and leave untill ready to return
motors dont shut down and crew dont leave and then (if like here in WA) they are charged daily for the staging slot they are sitting in
and this can be costly after a few weeks let alone a few months
and all this on top of the costly investment of the ship that isnt making money

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post