Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
sooty43

Default au1 fuel pump removal

What is the simplest way to replace a fuel pump in an au1 wagon. Do you drop the plastic tank or is there a round inspection opening in the floor?

sooty43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

when the fuel pump was replaced in the AU, the tank was dropped....
Old 15-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
sooty43

Default au1 fuel pump removal

Thought so,but when I ruined a pump 5 years ago I had to drop the lpg doughnut tank on to a tranny stand to move it 75mm sideways to unbolt the plastic fuel tank. Even on the hoist it is a **** of a job and takes a long time.It would be great if there was a removal cover in the floor above the tank and it would be a 5 minute job. 125mm hole cutter coming up methinks!
sooty43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

well it was done within 1hr max... and the AU has the regular petrol tank and a doughnut gas tank that goes exactly where the spare wheel use to go...

although having a hoist helps
Old 12-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
frostbite
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooty43
What is the simplest way to replace a fuel pump in an au1 wagon. Do you drop the plastic tank or is there a round inspection opening in the floor?
Hi - I am looking to replace the fuel pump and sender unit in my AU2 Wagon, recently purchased, as gauge is giving problems - might as well do both at the same time - how did you go about getting the fuel pump out - did you end up cutting a hole in the floor ???

Any help appreciated - any description/photos etc would be most welcomed.

Many thanks -
Greg.
frostbite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post