Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-04-2008, 02:00 AM   #1
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 
Default Service spanner on AU1

How do i get rid of that dam blastered spanner off my dash? i cant remember how i did it last time, but i know you have to hold the trip reset for around 2minutes, but this time its not working, anyone have any idea what im doing wrong.

Your suppost to do it ignition on engine not running right?

5.0 ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 02:03 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Press and hold the button for 10 seconds, with ignition on. Mine used to not reset sometimes, and I found that if you press it and hold, then turn the car on, it works.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 02:10 AM   #3
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

nah been trying that too. whatever it is with mine i do know that last time i had to hold it for like 2 minutes, buy that time my finger is about ready to drop off.
Old 16-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #4
smally289
growing up is optional

Some of the early AU's can be a bit of a mongrel to reset. Try holding the button for 12 to 13 seconds and then releasing it. Dont wait for the beep, it should beep as you release the button. For some reason it only seems to be the early AU's that do this.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok after friggin around with for ages, i got it, tried above and everything i could think of, then i thought hmm, put handbreak on and stuck in nuetral, and then held the bottom for about 15 seconds and when i released it, beep!.
Old 16-04-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
tufLTD
tufLTD

The correct way is:
1. With ignition off, press & hold reset button.
2. Turn on ignition while still holding button.
3. Wait 10 - 15 seconds until it beeps.
4. Release button & turn off ignition.
5. Have a beer for a job well done.
tufLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #7
EvilChief
Boost Addict

or read your owners manual :p
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #8
smally289
growing up is optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufLTD
The correct way is:
1. With ignition off, press & hold reset button.
2. Turn on ignition while still holding button.
3. Wait 10 - 15 seconds until it beeps.
4. Release button & turn off ignition.
5. Have a beer for a job well done.
This wont work with some early AU's. Im forever showing the other guys at work how to reset them after they curse and swear!
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #9
BOON250

Mine is an early one and it beeps as I release the button not while holding it down . Takes about a minute. But my old mans 1.5 Futura resets after 15 seconds while holding the button down.. must be software update...

I notice too his fuel gauge has an arrow next to it pointing to show the side of the car the filler is on. Mine doesn't. Good way to tell early dash against the mid 99 (1.5) update.

BOON250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 01:59 AM   #10
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hehe i just got out home from work and pulled in the driveway looked down at my dash and thought there's something missing, i got so used to the spanner being there that it looks wrong now.
Old 18-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #11
brad`
The Monty

i did the same thing came home and looked down at my cluster.. and petrol light was on.. funny how ur used to seeing something next minute its not there.
brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post