Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New Fiesta - Squeeze

G'day all, well finally we have taken delivery of our long awaited new Fiesta.

The car is great so far, beautiful to drive. I have found some things that I not overly impress with but some our only minor things that the dealer can fix later.

1 of them is that under the bonnet is not completed sprayed only undercoated, looks cheap and unfinished.

Paint is weird full sun/overcast/under flu rows and in the shade each time and at different angles the paint colour is different. Looks alright.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Wifey love it.

ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
oldsoftboss

Hey, about time I hear you thinking :

We look at squeeze, but decided it looked a bit washed out. Glad your happy with it.

It's good to see we are building a good catalogue of pics with different colored cars.

Dave
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
G'day all, well finally we have taken delivery of our long awaited new Fiesta.

The car is great so far, beautiful to drive. I have found some things that I not overly impress with but some our only minor things that the dealer can fix later.

1 of them is that under the bonnet is not completed sprayed only undercoated, looks cheap and unfinished.
Congrats :

As for the paint issue, our Zetec is the same. Mentioned it to the dealer and he said they all came like that - umm yeah, good answer.

They aren't willing to do anything about it.

On the side guards at the top when you lift the bonnet up and under the hatch when you lift it up plus a few other places.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2009, 10:52 PM   #4
WASP
Whipple Induced

Very nice Black Betty! I must admit I didn't notice the paint being undercooked under the bonnet, but that maybe because ours is black. I also noticed you have reserve parking sensor's fitted. I don't remember that being a factory option with ours so were they fitted aftermarket by the dealer?

Colville
Old 12-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Gotta admit .... they are a great looking mini Ford. Congrats

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Superb looking car you have there, congrats! Colour looks tops too. I've seen alot of them around, more so than FG Falcons which has surprised me a bit - they must be in hot demand.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #7
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had a look on ours for non painted areas, but it seems all painted, there's gloss missing in parts like under the hatch but there a coat of silver on everything, I wouldn't worry about it too much it's the way it goes with fully automated painted these days. At least the modern cars have good coatings on the steel so they dont rust even without paint (well seems Ford AU's cars don't follow that rule but most do)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
Superb looking car you have there, congrats! Colour looks tops too. I've seen alot of them around, more so than FG Falcons which has surprised me a bit - they must be in hot demand.
Are you sure your not seeing Mazda 2's? we've had the Fiesta since Feb and haven't seen a single other one on the road yet (dealer has sold heaps but non delivered as yet)
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 12:14 AM   #8
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
I've had a look on ours for non painted areas, but it seems all painted, there's gloss missing in parts like under the hatch but there a coat of silver on everything, I wouldn't worry about it too much it's the way it goes with fully automated painted these days.
I was comparing it to our GTI which may be unfair.

All the similar areas on the GTI are fully coated with base and clearcote but it was twice the price.

Daughters Mazda has similar areas unfinished though. For what would have taken little extra cost, it should have been base coated and clearcoted on the Zetec.
Old 13-06-2009, 02:20 AM   #9
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Are you sure your not seeing Mazda 2's? we've had the Fiesta since Feb and haven't seen a single other one on the road yet (dealer has sold heaps but non delivered as yet)
Definitely new Fiesta's. I tend to see all of them around Western Sydney where I live, maybe I keep seeing the same ones
Old 13-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #10
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
Definitely new Fiesta's. I tend to see all of them around Western Sydney where I live, maybe I keep seeing the same ones
We live out west, have had our Zetec since mid Feb and have seen maybe 3 in that time and that is including our daily commute to the city.
Old 13-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #11
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Very nice Black Betty! I must admit I didn't notice the paint being undercooked under the bonnet, but that maybe because ours is black. I also noticed you have reserve parking sensor's fitted. I don't remember that being a factory option with ours so were they fitted aftermarket by the dealer?

Colville
CDAA, I ordered them with the car from the dealership. Original price they quoted was $756 wasn't buying that much so ended up getting them for $450 fitted and painted. Thats better

Thanks everyone. Getting lots of looks.

Fiesta's in Wollongong I've only seen 4. Wife took it out today to a friend’s daughters birthday and most of the people there first though it was a Mazda 2 until they saw the Ford badge.
Old 13-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #12
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

I have only driven my wifes fiesta about 3.5 kms in total and I havent seen her...she is out driving!
Old 13-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #13
OBS35N
Starter Motor

my gfs brand new fiesta is pretty fun to drive..... still prefer the F6 though lol.

we got it for 18k drive away, brand new.
OBS35N is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #14
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
I have only driven my wifes fiesta about 3.5 kms in total and I havent seen her...she is out driving!
I was lucky enough to drive it back from the dealer. Only because my son become very sick whilst at the dealers. So driving home wife in the back with the kids my son decided to throw up in the car soon after leaving the dealer (OMG). Good thing we got a plastic bag. It's wasn't the way I wanted the car christened.............lol (dreaming)

I did manage to take it down the road to Autobarn and got some globes for the footwall. Very nice to drive
Old 13-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #15
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

Default Any pics of where the footwell globes go

Quote:
I did manage to take it down the road to Autobarn and got some globes for the footwall. Very nice to drive
Hi
Do you have any pics of where the footwell globes go and what type they are.
Thanks
golden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #16
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden
Hi
Do you have any pics of where the footwell globes go and what type they are.
Thanks
Here you go mate. There are 2 plugs.
1 - Under the glove box on the right side.
2 - Drivers side as seen in photo it seats in line with the brake easy to find.

Globes to buy - wedge globe - 12V 3W T-10mm.

I got Narva Auto Globe comes in 2 pack cost me $4. Easy job to do mate
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 13-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #17
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

Thanks
Just needed to look a bit harder
Old 14-06-2009, 02:26 AM   #18
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
We live out west, have had our Zetec since mid Feb and have seen maybe 3 in that time and that is including our daily commute to the city.
Haha, very strange indeed. To narrow it down, I'm in Campbelltown. I commute daily to the city too (well, Kensington) but I haven't seen many out there.
Old 14-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #19
doctamick

Congrats on the car, Black Betty. I thought you were getting a Zetec, hence the long wait??

Regarding the paint issure, my Vision Zetec is the same. There's quite a few locations where it's obvious that they have been tight/cheap with the painting. Particularly when I lift the bonnet, there's many areas where the white undercoat hasn't been covered:
- on the area of the front fender usually covered by the bonnet
- the under side of the bonnet
- most of the engine bay

At first I was a bit annoyed. But when I considered the price of the car, the value for money and all the features, you realise that Ford had to try and cut costs in some areas.

Also, the fact that the back of the back seat is only painted black (i.e. not carpeted) really irks me. If there was an option to have this carpeted, I would have paid for it.
doctamick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #20
oldsoftboss

Quote:
Here you go mate. There are 2 plugs.
1 - Under the glove box on the right side.
2 - Drivers side as seen in photo it seats in line with the brake easy to find.
So the car comes with globe holders, but no globes?? WTF
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 08:06 AM   #21
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctamick
Congrats on the car, Black Betty. I thought you were getting a Zetec, hence the long wait?

Also, the fact that the back of the back seat is only painted black (i.e. not carpeted) really irks me. If there was an option to have this carpeted, I would have paid for it.
Thanks, we ordered Vision first buy when the dealer said June/July just for the colour wife changed it to Squeeze because the dealer said end of March.
If I knew it would have taken this long for a LX I would have got a Zetec.

With the back seat I'm going to check out Clark Rubber and see if they have anything the same and how much. Do it myself.
Old 15-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #22
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoftboss
So the car comes with globe holders, but no globes?? WTF
Thats right all wired up and ready to go. This would save ford big $$$ not fitting them.
Old 15-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #23
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Will save a couple grand a day anyway , it all adds up at them moment it seems, how did you even know the plugs were there?
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #24
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Will save a couple grand a day anyway , it all adds up at them moment it seems, how did you even know the plugs were there?
Just about all cars have them but a lot of the don't put globes in.

The New Fiesta Zetec has them and comes with globes so though it should be in the other models. Yep they are just no globes.
Old 25-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #25
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Our car is sick. On start up once you kick it over, it spits and splats then after around 10-15sec the car is fine. Feels like a surg problem but not sure what. The car going in tomorrow to see what is wrong.

We have only done 350k since new, 2 weeks ago.

Has anyone else had a similar issue when starting your car?
Old 25-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #26
WASP
Whipple Induced

Ours is now 1100 kms old. When stone cold only, as soon as you start it up and drop it into gear, it splutters just a little and then that's the end of it. I figured when they do the 3000 km service they can reflash the ECU with a program update which should hopefully fix the problem. In our case, if it doesn't go away it's such a minor thing that I wouldn't be overally concerned. Our last Focus did this as well.

Colville
Old 25-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #27
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The first few times. I thought it was a dud. I didn't know anyone else had experienced this issue. After I did a big run in it (about 300km) it was all good and since havn't had any issues. Starts up beautifully now with 700km on it. Maybe it is just a thing with the motor being new? Or could it be a possible recall down the track?
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #28
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's it. It does happen more than once throughout the day but not all the time. As said it could be that the motor is new but though I'll get it checked out anyway.

I'll post up the details tomorrow with the outcome.
Old 25-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #29
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Have not noticed this issue, ever.
Old 25-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #30
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden
Thanks
Just needed to look a bit harder
I fitted some amber lights - looks quite good.