Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
buggo
[BU66OS]

Default How do you use the Forums?

I'm interested to know how, why and when people use the forums.

Do you come on here whenever you have a lot of free time, or have a spare second, when you don't? At home, work/ school, in between?

Do you use it as a source for entertainment, auto news, general news, technical info, model/ engine specific chat, how-to's, a pass time, or a mixture of all?

What is your M.O, do you scan the pub, post a reply, go to a car club, back to the pub, for sales section then log out? And how long is your average visit, how many times a week/ day?

Personally, I used it at school whenver I have a computer in front of me (but schools finished now), at my mates places, and at home, alot. Generally most everyday for a few hours.
I first go into the pub, read any new threads/ post and reply at least once.
Then I go onto b-series and see what's happening there, maybe post a reply to something, learn something. Then go to Contempory Falcons for a bit, Then back to the pub, the bar, lurk around for a bit then go do something I should be doing. I use it also when I need some help with my car, like how to take something off or what a noise is.

Cheers everyone

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I am permanently logged in, as I'm on my iphone, and usually browse the bar, pub, for sale, performance builds, show and shine and projects. I usually spend around 5 hours a day browsing, and it is my most commonly referred to source for news and general updates. I love AFF and am definetely addicted!!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Because LS1 forums are filled with self absorbed cashed up bogans I jest, I'm a member there also so I can't say too much haha.

Usually the bar, advice central, aufalcon.com, sales areas and the pub are my domains. Love to hear people opinions as well as the latest news, as well as offer advice and help people out where I can..... oh and bag out Mr Hardware (as I get in trouble if I do it at work )

Normally I browse AFF at lunch and when I get home, you know, when I'm supposed to be doing Uni assignments haha
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

at home, my phone isn't up to scratch fr this kind of thing.

i tend to have the lappy on all the time...few pages open all the time, this place, facebook, couple of other forums.
i flick through the b-series threads, jump through the pub, then the show & shine. squiz through ebay, then repeat.
Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

i come for the advice, i stay for the comedy
Old 05-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

@O.P. what do you want to know for are you a copper or something.?
None of your business why I'm here!!

LOL....seriously 'cos I'm an addict. Gotta have a fix everyday.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #7
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I hit 'new posts' and browse any thread that may tickle my fancy

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #8
Mad Maxine

Well, I log in every single night about 7pm for at least half an hour. On a day with lots of posts, can be here a bit longer

Only log on at home, don't have one of those hi-tech phones, and couldn't be arsed even if I did, too busy at work during the day!

I use it as a source of entertainment, mostly, but have set forums I like to check every day.

Firstly, I check the Pub, then go to The Bar and Advice. I then go down to the Coupe Club forum and have a flick through there, before heading down to EVENTS to see what's happening in Qld/Brissie, then check the cars for sale section then log out.

Average visit, approx half an hour every single day

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:27 PM   #9
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

My computers at home and work are permanently logged in and I always go to the 'new posts' button every time. News, advice and tech articles are what I come for.

I spend far too much time here - some days I will spend every waking hour flitting between this forum and others trying to find out what the latest industry scuttlebutt is.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #10
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

I thought I was the only addict. I'm at home at the moment, typing this out on my week old iPhone, as my home comp is out of commission again. This phone is SO much better than my old nokia n95 8gb. Makes posting so much easier. I'm a bit all over the place. Mostly the pub, & the pits. But I am constantly shifting all over the place, sticking my head in the project cars, for sale section, t-series room, always watching the build of KR1STO's TL50, ask questions on what I want to know in various sub-forums & post up advice when I'm experienced at a subject.

I try to only spend 15 mins on here, but that turns into an hour, two, three... Posting, going to another section, read, post do that a few times then go back to my first post to see the replies..... *restart cycle*....
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #11
Trek
Blue blooded

I spend about an hour a day on here. Definitely an addict

Usually look at the projects and classic section, for the most part.
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:07 AM   #12
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi my name is MO and I'm a FordforumAUholic.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 AM   #13
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
My computers at home and work are permanently logged in and I always go to the 'new posts' button every time. News, advice and tech articles are what I come for.

I spend far too much time here - some days I will spend every waking hour flitting between this forum and others trying to find out what the latest industry scuttlebutt is.
Yeap I am the same...hate it when I hit the button twice within 30 secs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Hi my name is MO and I'm a FordforumAUholic.
I fully admit that I have an issue...problem is I am not prepared to cure it. Ive been around longer than I should admit too..hehe..there are some regulars around here that are part of the furniture.

I dont look at any other forums either, I dont know how people look at so many.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #14
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At first i came through B-series, because it was a kind of club for my type of car.

The main reason i came on the forums was to get help and information on things i couldnt work out. And just to be with people who share my main interest.

Now though i still do this but even if i dont have a question/query i still like to check on the forums every now and again.
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #15
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Ah yes, im on here all the time. Why? good source of news, info, help. Good for a laugh too at times. Its an awesome community where people still help each other for free and are happy to do so.

Access via laptop, used to at school but now thats kinda over.
I start from contemporary, up through aufalcon.com then the audio section, advice central, the bar, and lastly the pub. (specific order of less time consuming to more ) Occasionally go to the sales yard.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 01:02 AM   #16
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Just so everyone knows, I recently upgraded my phone Internet plan to a 3gig usage per month thingo. Because I blame my addiction to AFF as the reason I routinely had $400+phone bills. Which I haggled down.....we should start a support group, AFF-aholics. I dare say that when you go to the trouble of upgrading a phone plan purely because of an Internet forum(albeit an awesome one) then you certainly need it!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 04:18 AM   #17
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
Ah yes, im on here all the time. Why? good source of news, info, help. Good for a laugh too at times. Its an awesome community where people still help each other for free and are happy to do so.
I think that perfectly sums up what this forums is about. Good post mate.

BA XR8 Manual
Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #18
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I come on when I get a spare minute or two at home, usually don't get heaps of time to go through everything I would like to and quite often miss good threads until its too late to post in them without bringing them back from the dead. Either that, or they're locked! :P

I used to, at my old job, also browse, read & post here a fair bit, but my current job has very limited internet access (basically, if we don't need it for our jobs its blocked). That doesn't stop me from using the phone in my designated breaks to jump on here every now and then to have a read & a post.

I love the forum, and the whole community, I met quite a few friends from here and its always good for a laugh. Even though these days I don't get all the time I'd like to sit and read everything on here, I do my best.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #19
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

I use both the home computer, work laptop and iPhone to browse through the New Posts tab and frequent the Coyote and F6/XR6T sections. I spend far too much time here!

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #20
ROLLI
KEEPUP

I use it at work all the time like now haha always logged in. Like having a read everywhere to see whats going on around the place always looking for cruises, advice, build threads so much info on here and I havent been a member for long so taking me a while to catch up....
Old 07-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #21
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
@O.P. what do you want to know for are you a copper or something.?
None of your business why I'm here!!
He's at school. Maybe a School prefect ie trainee walloper
Old 07-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #22
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
He's at school. Maybe a School prefect ie trainee walloper
I don't know what a wolloper is so I'm gunna asume it's a compliment :P

So I guess that most users came for help or information of some sort and ended up staying for everything else this place offers, and like me, became addicted in the process. haha

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is on here for hours everyday, and that the inefficient productivity is wide spread.

Cheers everyone who posted

BA XR8 Manual
Old 07-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #23
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo_gt
I don't know what a wolloper is so I'm gunna asume it's a compliment :P
Slang for Police Officer.

According to the Oxford Dictionary......

noun
informal
1 a person or thing that wallops someone or something
2 Northern English a strikingly large person or thing a blatant lie
3 Australian a policeman
Old 08-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #24
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am a lonely old man masquerading as a 27 year old.
I like to see what you whippersnappers talk about nowadays.

I love to provide my own insight into social issues.

And here and there, I also show an interest in cars.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 12:25 AM   #25
fmc351
let it burn

I wandered in here sometime in 2006, Ive been lost ever since.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post