Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-07-2022, 07:50 PM   #151
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Global New Ranger Raptor reveal

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
How does the Code Orange look in person? It's hard to gauge in pictures as they all seem to look different. Some pictures show a bright orange where others look more fire engine red. It was a bit of a leap of faith ordering that colour without seeing it but I didn't want 50 shades of grey, black or white.
It really stands out, the sun was starting to get low but it still looked as bright as the middle of the day. You’ve definitely made a good choice!
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-07-2022, 09:11 PM   #152
Gumboot

Quote:
I got an NSC number off the dealer. I had to ask for the number. With that I messaged Ford and they gave me the VIN and build date however I see they are now directing you back to the dealer rather than giving you the info.
I believe you can track the shipping by getting the ship name off the dealer. Then once in the country you can track the delivery to the dealer.

Thank-you that's really helpful.
What is a NSC number? And When is it allocated? When you have a signed contract in the system?

All I have been told so far , is Nov/ Dec delivery.
Gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2022, 09:38 PM   #153
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I'm sure someone on here will know better than me but I believe it is just a number used in Fords Vista system. From what I understand you should be able to get it once a car has been allocated.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2022, 03:19 PM   #154
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

yes, a colleague was given an NSC number too, but I can't tie that to any of our internal systems any more. We did used to be able to track build progress, but I think we are as blind as everyone else now

looking at his number it is just xxQ3 (xx is a number) so I reckon it's the xx th car in quarter 3 so I don't know if it means much
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2022, 02:03 PM   #155
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are Ford releasing a twin turbo petrol in the Ranger for those not interested in diesel? I’ve not been following the thread. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:24 PM   #156
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Are Ford releasing a twin turbo petrol in the Ranger for those not interested in diesel? I’ve not been following the thread. Thanks.
Ranger Raptor My Son:
https://www.ford.com.au/showroom/fut...-features.html
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2022, 02:36 PM   #157
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
In the Raptor, a TTV6, and in the US spec Rangers and some selected other markets they have the option of the 2.3 I4 Ecoboost. That engine isn't sold here though.

VW will be offering it though. But only on the highest spec model. I'm sure Ford will be taking a close look on how it is received. But with diesels in dual cabs making up 99% of the market I think it will be largely ignored. Especially with current fuel prices.

The US Rangers i've driven with that engine go pretty good though. I think 0-100 in mid to high 6's or something like that.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2022, 02:41 PM   #158
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

The US Rangers i've driven with that engine go pretty good though. I think 0-100 in mid to high 6's or something like that.
Still Not fast enough for Kypez though..
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2022, 03:08 PM   #159
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
In the Raptor, a TTV6, and in the US spec Rangers and some selected other markets they have the option of the 2.3 I4 Ecoboost. That engine isn't sold here though.

VW will be offering it though. But only on the highest spec model. I'm sure Ford will be taking a close look on how it is received. But with diesels in dual cabs making up 99% of the market I think it will be largely ignored. Especially with current fuel prices.

Honestly, if I wasn't getting a Raptor, I would get the Amarok with the 2.3. I feel the styling is much more successful than the non-Raptor versions of the Ranger. I just can't get past the front grille/bumper treatment on the Ranger.

The only problem with the Amarok is they are limiting the 2.3 to the top of the range Aventura instead of including the option on the more desirable (imo) PanAmericana.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:04 PM   #160
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

The TTV6 petrol shouldn't be ignored, and should be available on all models offering the V6 Diesel engine option.

With almost 50cpl increase in cost between diesel and petrol the petrol would definitely be a worthy option.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:40 PM   #161
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

If they were going to give us a petrol option in the regular Ranger, it will be the 2.3.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2022, 11:58 PM   #162
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

They use that 2.3 in a lot of cars - Focus ST, Mustang and Ranger.

So versatile.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2022, 12:28 PM   #163
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The TTV6 petrol shouldn't be ignored, and should be available on all models offering the V6 Diesel engine option.

With almost 50cpl increase in cost between diesel and petrol the petrol would definitely be a worthy option.
I think they want to keep the TTV6 Petrol for the "Halo" performance model in the Raptor so it has its own DNA...

The 2.3 Ecoboost could be a good option, and could be done. I guess Ford will just have to keep an eye on how VW does with this engine in the Amarok (though having it only on the top spec model will dull the sales probably)...

If it deems it worthwhile, Ford could still bring that motor in at any stage.. The platform is obviously designed to use that motor....

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2022, 02:21 PM   #164
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think a diesel Raptor 'lite' (like the FX4 Max) is more likely than an Ecoboost Wildtrack.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2022, 09:09 AM   #165
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
I think a diesel Raptor 'lite' (like the FX4 Max) is more likely than an Ecoboost Wildtrack.
That would be a good idea. Have the petrol for the rev heads and a v6 diesel for the people who like off-roading but still want fuel economy on the highway while to the camp site.
I’m just glad they finally put a unique engine in the Raptor
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2022, 11:33 PM   #166
Gumboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
yes, a colleague was given an NSC number too, but I can't tie that to any of our internal systems any more. We did used to be able to track build progress, but I think we are as blind as everyone else now

looking at his number it is just xxQ3 (xx is a number) so I reckon it's the xx th car in quarter 3 so I don't know if it means much
Thanks Simon. I got the nsc number today from the dealer but it is 5 digits not 4.
1st is a number then 4 characters.
Has the nsc number format changed as it is very diferent to the one you listed
What’s the best way to ask ford politely for my vin?
Thanks
Old 10-08-2022, 03:39 AM   #167
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

It seems Ford are directing you back to the dealer now for updates on your vehicle. They were giving out updates if you contacted them through Facebook but obviously they were getting too many people asking as they now say to ask your dealer.

In other news it appears many of the Raptors have been delayed by shipping issues. Mine has been pushed back to the 10th of Sept at this stage from the 20th of August. It is built but has not been assigned a ship yet. Going off the Facebook groups I'm in this affects a heap of Raptors.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:48 AM   #168
Gumboot

I contacted ford and got put through to their ranger team. They said they do not have visibility over the Stock system, therefore, they are unable to confirm a NSC or VIN.

Dealer said they have no visibility.

Maybe I should suggest that ford send welcome emails / status updates to those with orders . That isn't hard but would go a long way..
3 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2022, 12:00 PM   #169
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumboot View Post
I contacted ford and got put through to their ranger team. They said they do not have visibility over the Stock system, therefore, they are unable to confirm a NSC or VIN.

Dealer said they have no visibility.

Maybe I should suggest that ford send welcome emails / status updates to those with orders . That isn't hard but would go a long way..
Something that is being worked on now. They do want to keep waiting buyers informed.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2022, 12:05 PM   #170
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Something that is being worked on now. They do want to keep waiting buyers informed.
Imagine providing customer service to people who have thrown down six figures on a ute - baby steps we're making progress I guess
2 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2022, 12:31 PM   #171
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford Boss in USA said last week , they want to get away from dealers... i wonder if that strategy will work?
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2022, 07:59 PM   #172
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

Mercedes have a class action against them here for just that. Okay, not exactly for that, but flat pricing is the first step to not needing a dealership. Way past time imo but it's going to see a lot of headwinds
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2022, 07:49 AM   #173
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
Ford Boss in USA said last week , they want to get away from dealers... i wonder if that strategy will work?
They do a lot of damage to the brand because of their ****ful behavior.

Manufacturers really need to get their **** together and design better websites first though
2 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2022, 08:41 AM   #174
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you'll find that in the USA (orders of magnitude more sales then Oz) It is illegal for direct sale of the vehicle to the consumer by the manufacturer in most states.

Being the kings of capitalism, Franchisee laws exist, and being kings of capitalism, they'll find a way around those laws...

I think the dealers are 4-0 v Honda for similar direct modelling changes locally here in Aus. So may not be as simple a change as it looks
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2022, 11:04 AM   #175
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Ford in the US wants to cut dealers out of the negotiated price for BEVs but when the questions
come thick and fast about what’s happened to my order, Ford is either unresponsive or worse,
points those buyers back to dealerships who don’t get paid to sort out Ford’s online mess..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2022, 12:00 PM   #176
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383hq View Post
I think you'll find that in the USA (orders of magnitude more sales then Oz) It is illegal for direct sale of the vehicle to the consumer by the manufacturer in most states.

Being the kings of capitalism, Franchisee laws exist, and being kings of capitalism, they'll find a way around those laws...

I think the dealers are 4-0 v Honda for similar direct modelling changes locally here in Aus. So may not be as simple a change as it looks
Tesla managed to get around the laws. This is why the others are now looking into doing it, because if they can, why can't we.
Old 12-08-2022, 12:10 PM   #177
Gumboot

It’s the Ineos model with the Grenadier as well. You spec it and pay online and it gets delivered to a dealer who does the pre delivery/ servicing
They are running this model worldwide.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:15 PM   #178
Gumboot

Back on topic -As the new raptors come with a spray in liner but no tub cover , can anyone recommend a easily removable cover for the tub
I will carrying dirt bikes in the tub, so cant use a hard lid, and I think the wildtrack auto roller would eat up too much room at the headboard where I have to tie the bikes down.
So can anyone recommend a good soft tonneau, they have used before please?
I found this one for the new ranger
https://www.tto.com.au/en-au/jul-202...eau-cover.html
Thanks
Old 12-08-2022, 02:18 PM   #179
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Get an EGR soft tonneau. They are meant to release them in October. It will just roll up to the back window when not needed.

The Tuff Tonneaus one will require you to unclip the tonneau when you open the tailgate. The EGR one will allow you to open the tailgate without touching the tonneau.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:22 PM   #180
Gumboot

Quote:
Get an EGR soft tonneau. They are meant to release them in October. It will just roll up to the back window when not needed.

The Tuff Tonneaus one will require you to unclip the tonneau when you open the tailgate. The EGR one will allow you to open the tailgate without touching the tonneau.
Awesome thanks for the info, that sounds exactly like what I need 👍