Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 17-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
hitork
Injected

Default FE 3 DOHC Turbo Conversion into AV Manual

Hello all,
I was looking at buying a FE 3 DOHC motor for my AV TX5 and I wanted to know a few things.
1st off i have been looking at a place called Adelade Jap Dismantlers and they say that the FE3 is a 2litre. Am I mistaken thinking that it is a 2.2L?
2ndly how much work would be required to fit it in the AV manual?
3rdly because the current motor still runs I was thinking of buying parts as i got the money and built the FE3 with forged internals and a large turbo is putting (my goal of) 350 kw through the front weels a bad idea?
4thly considerin it is made to be n/a if i turboed it would i have to change such things as the distributor?

hitork is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1. Yes the FE3 is a 2lt
2. I would say it would be relatively easy to do seeing as though the car is the same, but motors are different.
3. I would imagine that 350kw is not going be easy to achieve nor cheap. Even if it were, I'd say you would have big problems with CV joints not to mention clutch and gearbox. Achieving 350kw is hard enough in a WRX (speaking of turbo 4cyls) where the aftermarket performance industry is huge and a lot of knowledge exists so I'd conclude you would be asking too much with a TX5.
4. Have no idea.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 20-09-2007 at 10:27 PM.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #3
dirty hands
Over Thinker

dont forget to consult an engineer and the transport department for engine modification to you r car

link SA
http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/...bulletin_3.pdf
Old 21-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
hitork
Injected

Because the motor has some following in japan there would be a few performance parts out there, probly more than the F2. I was planing on going with forged internals and a large single turbo setup.
Changing to a high performance clutch wouldn't be an issue, but, im not sure what I could do with the box and I have no clue about the CV joints.
Do you have any knowladge of changing the diff to an LSD? Can it be done? Has anyone ever done it in this type car?
Old 22-09-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is an artical about a car which had the conversion done. If you could get into contact with the guy I bet he could help.

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2526/article.html
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
hitork
Injected

thanx