Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-04-2015, 02:42 PM   #4471
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

welcome to all the new peeps
be sure to navigate around the forum and find the areas you need for each model etc
plenty of info and help on the forum if you post in the right areas
and if youre not sure, someone will always point you in the right direction
enjoy !
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2015, 10:12 PM   #4472
more007
Starter Motor

Default Returning to Ford

Hi, after being a Ford trained mechanic in the 90's I am obviously an expert at head gaskets and my back is testament to this. I have owned many Fords so after growing up with an XA GS 302 sedan in yellow I have had an XW, XY, XF, EA, EB, EF and AU. After not owning a Ford for a while my son just bought a very neat AUII and I felt the bug the get a Ford so I have just got a 2005 SX TS territory. The handling is great but I have some gremlins which seem to be not unusual.
1. It is breaking down under load, runs perfect when idling and cruising, feels about like fuel, replaced fuel filter, no change, inspected plugs and coil packs but could find no visible arcing out points so I suspect fuel pump but I can't check the pressure
2. Noise just off idle when driving, fuel pump is noisy so it could be that but it is more of a light squeal, it is quiet at idle when I open the bonnet
3. Occasional clunk from front and rear suspension, will be checking the bushes mentioned in other threads
Overall I love driving it but need to sort out these issues, look forward to reading and contributing to this forum
more007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #4473
Stinger000
Stinger000

Hi Guys,

i am the new owner of a BA MK2 XR6 Ute i have never owned a ford before and should of very nice car to drive and loads of power where its needed.
Looking forward to reading any info on these cars as would love to mod mine even more .

Also thanks to the site and others users posts which helped me when figuring out steering wheel shudder had brand new slotted and dimpled discs and rotors installed and brake booster rod adjusted and haven't had a shudder since.

Cheers,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2003.jpg (153.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg engine Bay.jpg (157.9 KB, 21 views)
Stinger000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2015, 04:25 PM   #4474
kerrynzl
Starter Motor

Hi Everybody , just want to say hello.

I have returned to Ford after spending a few years on the "Dark Side" with a circuit racing vintage Corvette.

I am now building [ or Rebuilding ] an ex NZV8 Falcon AU touring car for club racing.
Running a Ford Motorsport 331 Boss shortblock with Ford Z304 heads, Comp Cams Roller Hydraulic kit Etc Etc, backed up with a Liberty TKO600 Dogbox.
[should be fun]

My daily driver is an FG Falcon and my tow hack is a BA Falcon SW.

Cheers Kerry
kerrynzl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2015, 03:59 PM   #4475
Greg_Marais
Starter Motor

Hi Guys,

I Am From Durban SA and have receently aquired a 1997 Ranchero Outback which i am very happy with.
I have no experience with this vehicle at all and also dont own a workshop manual for it either.
Thank you for accepting me into this forum where i know i will get help and assistance from the more experienced and qualified people here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1997 Ranchero outback.jpg (53.8 KB, 23 views)
Greg_Marais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2015, 10:48 AM   #4476
Doug Peace
Starter Motor

Morning all, I've only just signed up to the forum, in the hope of picking the vast knowledge of vehicle nuts out there. I'm currently doing a complete bare chassis rebuilt of a 1978 f100 (also known as my money pit), so when the truck gets back for paint n panel expect to see the questions flowing. Good day to all.
Doug Peace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2015, 04:45 PM   #4477
phill B
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, and thank you for letting me be a part of ford forums. I am the proud owner of an AU2 fairmont, AU v8 ute and an BA fairmont { ex pig rig**.I am also a life long ford fanatic and all round car NUT.I looking forward to sharing my projects and any advice i may be able to help with, and also viewing every one elses.
phill B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2015, 06:17 PM   #4478
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Welcome to the AFF community phill B, once you learn to navigate around the site, please post some pics of your rides - we'd all be interested.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2015, 08:39 PM   #4479
Jonnygt
Starter Motor

Hi all thanks for letting me join the ford forums
Jonnygt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2015, 11:52 PM   #4480
steady57
Starter Motor

Hi - i have a BF XR6 with a broken drivers side door interior release lever - i was finding it really hard to open the door from inside when pulling the lever and it snapped - does anybody have info on how to replace and stop it breaking again when replaced - does it need lubrication inside somewhere -is it connected to a rod or cable that opens the door release - Cheers Steady

steady57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 12:04 AM   #4481
elliss1
Starter Motor

Hi I am new to the forum I have a BF ford can any one tell me which code scanner will work on a BF particularly ABS and traction control faults.

Regards,

Steve WA
elliss1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 10:39 AM   #4482
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Welcome Steady and Steve.

Have you had a look through the AU-BF section?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 29-04-2015, 10:42 PM   #4483
palker
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Gday all
Ba mk11 envi green xr8 Mornington peninsula
love the site Still trying to navigate through it all.
Where do i go to ask about what fuel other xr8 drivers use ?
cheers Paul
palker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 10:50 PM   #4484
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

HI and welcome Paul.

Click on the AU-BF link in the above post.
Old 30-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #4485
swampyxc
Starter Motor

hi all new member find the chat interesting I have just got my hands on my first car after selling it 23 years ago it is a xc Fairmont in desert haze it is in pretty good order rust wise has been sitting in a shed pulled apart for most of that time so fun and games have started most bits are there so am hoping for a quick return to the road
swampyxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #4486
Unmechanical
Starter Motor

G'day Peoples, New to the web site. I have been enjoying the content already.I picked up a 2014 Territory yesterday, looks great in the Petroleum colour, TX, TD. I hope to get a lot of years of enjoyment out of it. Sadly...... first time driving under the carport......... yep. scratched the passenger wing mirror. Spewing!!!! Oh well, only myself to blame. Now to pick-up some touch-up paint from somewhere. Lol Did I say I was spewing?
Unmechanical is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2015, 02:37 AM   #4487
Philthy Phil

Howdy folks,

Im Phil from Brissy and a long time ford lover. I am a trade qualified mechanic and auto transmission rebuilder and currently I work FIFO. Im looking to start rebuilding old auto transmissions (FMX, C4, Borg Warners and even BTR's etc) in my offshifts as a bit of a "paid" hobby (as auto rebuilding is a dying trade), but more about that later :-)

I have had many a Ford over the years: 83 XE Fairmont, 86 XF station wagon, 78 ZH Fairlane, 76 ZH Fairlane Marquis, EB Falcon, 96 NF Fairlane and currently a FG XR6.

I have also just purchased a 74 XB sedan that I will be restoring and will be happy to share the experience on here.

Cheers
Philthy Phil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2015, 07:50 AM   #4488
cruza
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day all, I must say how nice it is to read thru this site, not much b/s and its well moderated, we all love our fords, so thats the focus (no pun intended)
my fords are: 66 GT mustang....66 GT cortina......69 GT-L cortina
cruza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #4489
malibufalcon

Thanks for the Ford site. I've become a member, as I have been customising my old AU ute, instead of putting her out to pasture.
Having owned several Falcons since youth to now, I am glad there are like minded people who also share the enjoyment of their Ford(s) whether they be stock standard, hot rod, or every day ride.
During the customising process, I have met some great individuals who have helped make this project a reality, and I have sourced many of the parts from all over Oz.
As this is just in it's infancy, I hope to share my experience and maybe learn some more technical tips in regards to the turbo charging.

Hands up all the AU Falcon owners who wish there was a complete rubber kit available? ( as there are for earlier models ), maybe someone can help?.

Anyway, I own 3 Falcon utes, being AU, BA, and FG. Bought the FG new Last year with every option available. It is somewhat a sleeper.
Both AU, and BA I am the second owner, and bought those in a "as new" condition. So hope to put some pics up soon.

Once again, thanks for your support.
malibufalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2015, 01:29 AM   #4490
BettyBoop666
Starter Motor

Hi Id just like to say HELLO... finding some interesting things to read and LOTS to learn.... so for now I'll just sit back and do some reading
BettyBoop666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2015, 06:04 PM   #4491
allde
Starter Motor

Greetings fellow Ford Owners, the names allde, had a few Fords in my time my favorite being a MII Cortina GT, recently updated the AU for a BF Wagon on dedicated Gas.

I'm a recently retrenched Employee from APA Manufacturing, the makers of OEM Gas tanks for Ford, which no longer exists unfortunately.

I'm in the South Eastern Burbs of Melbourne, Yarra Ranges Shire.

Hope I can assist some others who have questions and also hoping I can find answers to any questions I may have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg proud.jpg (30.5 KB, 22 views)
allde is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2015, 11:14 PM   #4492
Tyrepower
Starter Motor

Hey guys

Thanks for accepting me on the Ford Forums, I'm just about to purchase a G6E Turbo as my daily driver, if anyone has questions regarding wheels, Tyres and Suspension please do not hesitate to email me or pm me. I have been in the car industry for 15 years now and have very extensive knowledge of cars.
Tyrepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2015, 06:32 PM   #4493
2MekeTeke
Starter Motor

Kiaora koutou
Just like to introduce myself my name is 2Meke I'm a ford territory owner like to thank the Admin or whoever added me much appreciated every time I had a ford Question i ended up here so i figured it was time to join so again.
Ty
2Meke.
2MekeTeke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2015, 03:15 PM   #4494
nudenut77
Starter Motor

Hi All,
have just bought a replacement remote key for a BA11 wagon from an online distributor, who source their stuff from China.
Has anyone had problems with these units, im having trouble programming them to my car
nudenut77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2015, 02:30 PM   #4495
Stu1965

Hi Folks, I'm Stu. Just bought a 2012 Ford Territory Turbo Diesel to tow my boat and general family car. I notice drivers seat has a squeak which I am hoping is not a broken weld joint underneath?
Stu1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2015, 02:48 PM   #4496
allde
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudenut77 View Post
Hi All,
have just bought a replacement remote key for a BA11 wagon from an online distributor, who source their stuff from China.
Has anyone had problems with these units, im having trouble programming them to my car
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGVG1oz1w1I

give the above link a try.
allde is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2015, 07:16 PM   #4497
Carpenter
Starter Motor

Hi everybody I'm Scotty, a carpenter from Perth. I have an au series II ute with non power windows, I also have an auIII sedan with power windows in the front. I'm wanting to put the power windows in my ute and was wondering has anyone done this and could they maybe offer any insight into how it's done as all the information I've found is regarding sedans. Thanks a lot.
Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2015, 09:21 PM   #4498
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
Hi everybody I'm Scotty, a carpenter from Perth. I have an au series II ute with non power windows, I also have an auIII sedan with power windows in the front. I'm wanting to put the power windows in my ute and was wondering has anyone done this and could they maybe offer any insight into how it's done as all the information I've found is regarding sedans. Thanks a lot.
Welcome Scotty, try the Ute section http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=75 or the search function.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:21 PM   #4499
moose69
Hang on to it

Greetings, my name is Marcus from Tassie. At the moment I own an XW GT and my mate Ian started a thread on it on the Windsor page. My daily driver is a BF XR6 sedan with a few minor mods. I work as a printer in Hobart and have been into nothing but Fords for the last 20 years or so. Been lucky enough to own some nice older Falcons in the past. Cheers!
THEN:
1966 Falcon Sports Coupe, Zircon Green, RHD, 289 and C4
1970 XW Fairmont, Polar White, 'Boss' 302, 4 speed
1969 XW Falcon 500, Leaf Green, 221, 3 on the tree, was a Tassie CIB cop car
EF Fairmont wagon
Laser wagon and a non Ford or 2 in the distant past
moose69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #4500
Peter J Kent
Starter Motor

G/DAY ALL My names Peter I've had my XY ute since 1977 it started life as a 6 cyl auto panel van that I stupidly cut down into a ute in 1989 ( as windowless vans are fairly thin on the ground ) it now runs a boss modified 302 Windsor, toploader, disc rear end, full GS gear, factory air, power steer, after market cruise control , electric windows its painted teal glow with black GT blackouts and silver GS stripes, it has a shaker ,front spoiler and driving lights.. I've had it off the road since 1997 after an old lady hit me head on and bent it fairly badly, its now straight with new paint ,all new interior including leather and suede seats , I still have more to go when I get the time and finances to do more but hope to get it back on the road soon.
Cheers Peter.
PS its running on 15x 8 superlight ten spokes.
Peter J Kent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post