Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-03-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
Swaytan
Swaytan

Default Ford Dealerships

Hey Guys,

Anyone here who purchased you car new, where did ya'll buy your car from.

I got mine from City Ford at Rockdale, they were awesome.

I'm from the country originally, so the whole Holden/Ford rivalry is really big obviously. I actually used to be a Holden man, there, I said it, but I'm clean now!

When I looked into Holdens, I almost went blue in the face waiting to be served by somebody. I had $20k to spend that day, nobody even looked at me. Even when I stuck my head into a brand new Monaro, nobody looked at me. Even when I popped the hood & looked under it, nobody looked at me. So I thought stuff that.

Went & had a look at Fords, liked the Fiesta, my price range, good features for the price, great service. I was shocked how well it actually drives.

Only 8,000 klms into it & I love my Fiesta.

Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Getting mine (soon I hope) from Tilford Ford in Hobart, pretty smart service. Even lent me a demo Fiesta after I sold my Peugeot. Was supposed to be overnight but looking like a week now. Don't know what they have to change on the Zetec suspension, but I want it sorted properly before I get it.
Checking out specs on Brit Fiestas, we miss out on a lot.
kiwijohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #3
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I bought mine from Stillwell Ford in Adelaide. Their service was good despite it being an awkward time to buy any car. It seemed to be the run out period for the WP Fiesta, Echo and German Barina so there wasn't many examples left to choose from.

I also had a similar experience with Peter Page Holden. I spent a good 5 or 10 minutes looking at a series of Barinas in their yard and they didn't even bother to pop their heads outside. As opposed to Stillwell who would set up roadblocks to get customers if they were allowed to. Suffice to say I wouldn't have it any other way now with my Fiesta.
Old 19-03-2006, 04:27 PM   #4
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
I bought mine from Stillwell Ford in Adelaide. Their service was good despite it being an awkward time to buy any car. It seemed to be the run out period for the WP Fiesta, Echo and German Barina so there wasn't many examples left to choose from.

I also had a similar experience with Peter Page Holden. I spent a good 5 or 10 minutes looking at a series of Barinas in their yard and they didn't even bother to pop their heads outside. As opposed to Stillwell who would set up roadblocks to get customers if they were allowed to. Suffice to say I wouldn't have it any other way now with my Fiesta.
Same with me, they were running them out when I got mine, didn't even see the car until I picked it up! Which was brave, and maybe a little stupid I know...

When it came to colour, I simply said "anything but white, suprise me". And I got the Navy Blue, which was good, 'cause lookin' back that's probably what I wanted the most.

But yeah, at Ford, the guy who sold me the car came out of the office & said "G'Day mate, my name is Con, if you need to ask anything or need some help, I'm just over here". Gave me as much time as I wanted to look around, then when I was ready, I did the deal. Awesome.

With an experience like that, when I'm ready to update in a few years, I'll go straight back to him.
Old 19-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaytan
Same with me, they were running them out when I got mine, didn't even see the car until I picked it up! Which was brave, and maybe a little stupid I know...

When it came to colour, I simply said "anything but white, suprise me". And I got the Navy Blue, which was good, 'cause lookin' back that's probably what I wanted the most.

But yeah, at Ford, the guy who sold me the car came out of the office & said "G'Day mate, my name is Con, if you need to ask anything or need some help, I'm just over here". Gave me as much time as I wanted to look around, then when I was ready, I did the deal. Awesome.

With an experience like that, when I'm ready to update in a few years, I'll go straight back to him.
HAHA - he sold me my car! Worst after sales experience I had ever experienced. If you search for it; it is all explained numerous times on the forum. First he promised a car he couldn't get - then when he managed to get the car; he Delivered it with the wrong plates (premium, not euro plates), no 16 inch optional rims and no tint. I was not impressed.

He was great though up till then - really liked him whilst he sold the car.

Oh - also forgot to mention the Rims came with Falkens... not the Continentials they should have come with.

So, essentially he was great till he got our money - In hindsight I should have gone to Jubilee Ford... really liking a few of the guys there. Good bunch, and I've had a few chats with them about the Fiesta and other cars too. Even seen them out when I was wasted... which was hilarious.

Anyway, I'm glad that Con may have changed. I guess you learn from your mistakes!

Although not a Ford - Rick Damelian Renault (John) sold me the Clio Sport on sunday for a bargain price and good trade-in... and delivered the car on Thursday polished and looking very shiny. Great service and I'm sure I'll go back when the Clio Sport 197 is out!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #6
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
HAHA - he sold me my car! Worst after sales experience I had ever experienced. If you search for it; it is all explained numerous times on the forum. First he promised a car he couldn't get - then when he managed to get the car; he Delivered it with the wrong plates (premium, not euro plates), no 16 inch optional rims and no tint. I was not impressed.

He was great though up till then - really liked him whilst he sold the car.

Oh - also forgot to mention the Rims came with Falkens... not the Continentials they should have come with.

So, essentially he was great till he got our money - In hindsight I should have gone to Jubilee Ford... really liking a few of the guys there. Good bunch, and I've had a few chats with them about the Fiesta and other cars too. Even seen them out when I was wasted... which was hilarious.

Anyway, I'm glad that Con may have changed. I guess you learn from your mistakes!

Although not a Ford - Rick Damelian Renault (John) sold me the Clio Sport on sunday for a bargain price and good trade-in... and delivered the car on Thursday polished and looking very shiny. Great service and I'm sure I'll go back when the Clio Sport 197 is out!
Dude that sucks...

Meethinks I may just do some shopping around first next time... I would have headbutted him!
Old 19-03-2006, 07:39 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaytan
Dude that sucks...

Meethinks I may just do some shopping around first next time... I would have headbutted him!
Yep - He then freaked and didn't want me to fill in the Ford Questionaire and asked me to bring it in, in exchange for accessories at cost price. Mum flipped and claimed he was now trying to buy our loyalty.

As you can see - I know service my car at Jubilee Ford - there is ONE good service rep there. And the new Car Sales dept is pretty cool - met the manager once and he was really nice too! Oh well, next time I will shop... Con mentioned they were City Ford and could get Fiestas pretty easy. Well yes, he then delayed the car getting to the dealership, as they didn't order it asap. Only called 1.5 weeks later to say the car would take a while.

Anyway, At least it seems you had a good run with him. I admit though, he seems nice. Just one really bad stuff up. The other guy there was nice too - Young guy i think, Blonde? Can't remember - but I signed the new contract with him and he was good.

So, what colour etc did you get?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 19-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #8
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Yep - He then freaked and didn't want me to fill in the Ford Questionaire and asked me to bring it in, in exchange for accessories at cost price. Mum flipped and claimed he was now trying to buy our loyalty.

As you can see - I know service my car at Jubilee Ford - there is ONE good service rep there. And the new Car Sales dept is pretty cool - met the manager once and he was really nice too! Oh well, next time I will shop... Con mentioned they were City Ford and could get Fiestas pretty easy. Well yes, he then delayed the car getting to the dealership, as they didn't order it asap. Only called 1.5 weeks later to say the car would take a while.

Anyway, At least it seems you had a good run with him. I admit though, he seems nice. Just one really bad stuff up. The other guy there was nice too - Young guy i think, Blonde? Can't remember - but I signed the new contract with him and he was good.

So, what colour etc did you get?
Ended up getting the Navy Blue (can't remember the actual colour name) 2 door. I had absolutly no extras put in it except carpet mats & slimline weather shields.

Just looking at steering wheels, wheels, gear knobs etc now, Momo are good but damn expensive!

I just need to find out about an exhaust now, I have no idea...
Old 20-03-2006, 01:18 AM   #9
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Oh ok - thought you might have got the Fiesta S promo car they had there - An LX with 17s, Leather side bolsters, Stripes and S badges....

As for steering wheel - what is wrong with the Fiesta one?! I miss the small size of it...

Old 20-03-2006, 06:47 PM   #10
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Oh ok - thought you might have got the Fiesta S promo car they had there - An LX with 17s, Leather side bolsters, Stripes and S badges....

As for steering wheel - what is wrong with the Fiesta one?! I miss the small size of it...
The steering wheel is fine, but I need to get some stainless steel into the car...
Old 24-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #11
2dogs
Starter Motor

I bought mine from Westpoint Ford in Hoppers Crossing.
Heres my experience.

The car was delivered with a dented bonnet, a/c controls didnt work, the options i bought were in the hatch not installed ............, but wait for it it gets worse.

When i drove car away i was cut off by another driver so when i hammered the brakes it pulled so hard left it mounted a gutter and almost into parked car. I returned it straight away .
I picked it up again TWO WEEKS later.
Its was a seized left front brake calliper.

They didnt even test drive it during the predelivery!!!

Anyway i wont go there ever again even though it was my third car from them..
2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #12
crispymk2

Damn thats not just bad but dangerously incompetant(sic)! Did they sort it all out ok?
Old 25-03-2006, 09:27 AM   #13
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogs
I bought mine from Westpoint Ford in Hoppers Crossing.
Heres my experience.

The car was delivered with a dented bonnet, a/c controls didnt work, the options i bought were in the hatch not installed ............, but wait for it it gets worse.

When i drove car away i was cut off by another driver so when i hammered the brakes it pulled so hard left it mounted a gutter and almost into parked car. I returned it straight away .
I picked it up again TWO WEEKS later.
Its was a seized left front brake calliper.

They didnt even test drive it during the predelivery!!!

Anyway i wont go there ever again even though it was my third car from them..
OMG, that's ridiculous...
Old 25-03-2006, 02:17 PM   #14
2dogs
Starter Motor

It took 3 weeks without a car but yes. I found out later that they claimed warranty on trim parts they damaged from Ford
2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post