Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-01-2006, 11:19 PM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default One Year in Review

Howdy PPS,

Just thought id do a little story about my one year with the fez.

It was the week b4 christmas 2004, when my hand me down car (1990 KF Ford Lazer) decided to stop working and blow an ignition module. $300 bucks later and no aircon in the sweltering summer heat i decided to start looking around for a new car. I always saw ads for the fiesta when it was just released in April 2004 and thought it looked hot. I also looked at the focus, 2002 Golf/Convertible, Getz and a Toyota 4 Runner. I would never ever buy a holden balloni or any asian boxes, and always knew that european cars were better and that FORD are tops.

Anyways after countless ford dealerships and alot of tempting offers, I picked up my Aquarious Fez Zetec. Reason I didnt go for the LX was mainly because it didnt have the foggies and interior and rims, oh and no aquarious colour.
And yes it is an AUTO, though many have frowned upon this, it surely dosent lag in potential and performance.

http://users.tpg.com.au/bigsunny/review/pic1.jpg

With very good haggling from my parents the dealers caved in to free carpet mats, spoiler and 1 tank of petrol. Also gave us some ford gear for free. YAY The drive home was a bit funny, I had my mum screaming at me to slow down around the corners and nearly threw a slipper at me :

At this stage i was very unknowledgable about mods so i found fordforums.com.au and was welcomed in with opening arms from a few goons (cough Mitch, Teki, Piotr cough) and started to think about potential mods.

http://users.tpg.com.au/bigsunny/review/pic2.jpg
But b4 any mods were done i was rammed up the cullo by a taxi driver while at a set of lights near townhall. It was one of the worst days for tow reasons.

1. Getting out of the car and looking at the damge, made me nearly burst into tears and i was shaking.
2. Absolutly going skitz at my mate because he was laughing about the situation then decided to urinate on the street while i drove off. :jab:

With 3grand of damages all paid for by the taxi driver, and a weeks with a rental car (Toyota Carolla - DAM IT GOES HARD) the fez was back on the road ready for mods.
http://users.tpg.com.au/bigsunny/review/pic3.jpg
To date they include:
Ford Falcon GT Stripes
This was mainly a personal/unique touch that i knew would make it special ( it adds 5kw) took about 4 hours to do for a newbie.
I am planning on ripping them off soon to make way for a custom job - Plan will be revealed shortly.

2 X Pioneer 12inch Subs 800Watt in custom box, Pioneer 240Watt 6X9's,
Pioneer 160Watt 6inch, Kenwood Amp 330Watt.

Though the stock speakers are great, I wanted to deck the car out with all Pioneer ICE. Im pretty happy again as i installed it all myself with bro took us 4 hours to do it all but well worth it, only changes to be made is find a nice mono block amp for the Subs.

2 inch Redback exhaust,
After hearing Mitch's exhaust, and loving it, i too wanted the sound of grunt( we sort of). Though not farty or too loud its just a nice hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

18% Window Tint,
Didnt like the factory tint at all.

http://users.tpg.com.au/bigsunny/review/pic4.jpg
ST150 Door Pulls, ST150 Clear Side Indicators, ST150 Scuff Plates,
Bought from the UK, Give a bit of a sporty feel without breaking the bank.

K&N Pod Filter,
Another great investment, The sound of the induction is heavensent. Provided better throttle response and bit more power off the line.

17inch MP3 Rims
Would like to thank Timmeh for this one. It really sets the car off. They do look massive, but it fills in the wheel arches very well.

Mods to come
New Stripes, Monobloc Amp for subs, Might concider lowering 2 inch, New Airbox for pod filter.

The fiesta is one of the best cars i have ever owned and wish i bought one sooner. Everyday i drive it it is still more exhillerating than the last drive. It has never missed a beat and always puts a smile on my face. :eclipsee_

I would like to thank everyone for there help/support and advice when i was unsure about something as i am a dumbarse at times.

http://users.tpg.com.au/bigsunny/review/pic5.jpg

A big cheer for all the cruises i have been on. Always been alot of fun and great meeting up with new club members and mingling about our cars. cant wait for the next one.

In Conclusion...............

As you all may know I will no longer have a licence as of 16th of Jan for SPEEEEEEEDING - Naughtly boy I am.... So the fez will be modless and off the road 90% of the time til April, But hopefully we can still have a cruise some time in between.

Cheers

Damo

http://users.tpg.com.au/bigsunny/review/pic6.jpg

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 12-01-2006 at 11:29 PM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
welcomed in with opening arms from a few goons (cough Mitch, Teki, Piotr cough)
Where's My mention??? :P
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #3
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Where's My mention??? :P
Oh and how could i forget Danny. What a top bloke, he is a real sivv ok knowledge.
Old 14-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Too late now Damo, I already know that I aint important enough for a mention :
Old 14-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

What can i do to make it up to u?? How does a bottle of tomato sauce sound?? im making some tomorrow with the family.
Old 15-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #6
Danny
GT4.

loll, Only with a bottle of rosso antico.
Old 15-01-2006, 05:05 PM   #7
Danny
GT4.

Deleted.
Old 16-01-2006, 03:44 PM   #8
FlaminFiesta

hey u forgot the bit where u got pulled over on the last cruise hehe ;O) jk

nice story mate
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post