Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-12-2005, 02:49 AM   #1
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fiesta Rammed

This lady rammed the rear right hand corner of the Fiesta, plus collected my right fender including my hubcaps. The damage this time is big ...

I'm still in shock right now so I'll post pictures tomorrow. I called the cops and dad and got down her details, the cops said she'll be charged with careless driving ....

My parents are thinking of selling the car now :(

xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 03:09 AM   #2
1972capri
Starter Motor

Thats harsh when someone elses carelessness hurts your wheels.

And you dont feel the same about the car after it has been damaged by someone else either.

Sheesh, what was her excuse?
1972capri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 03:29 AM   #3
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

she was trying to light up her ciggy .. i called the cops because she looked like a druggy =/

dad says the damage could be roughly 5-6grand and both my parents said the electronics in the car might be damaged or altered.

this has put me off driving now .. think i'll catch the bus and train from now on
Old 21-12-2005, 04:04 AM   #4
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here are the pics;

the body's dented as well

might be able to see the dent coming up

the scrape on the right fender, lost my hubcap too

bumper + body

.... it hurts just to see the main damage
Old 21-12-2005, 07:17 AM   #5
na01

owhhh that sux... hope u get it sorted mate. I worry when I see female drivers in rear mirror talking on mobile or fiddling around in their car whilst driving for this reason.
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 09:26 AM   #6
Danny
GT4.

Oh dear...

Thats one whole side of the car too. Thats costly damage. It will probably be in excess of $5 grand.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 09:27 AM   #7
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

OUCH!! Best of luck, these things happen though, we all risk other idiots every day.
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 09:46 AM   #8
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

far out man, its only a matter of time til it happens to all of us, be thankfull it wasnt more serious dude.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #9
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thx guys; the lady came out screaming "I'm not gunna pay!!" =x hope insurance gets it all sorted out =/

hopefully I can lower the price to it to be fixed; asking friends to ask their relo's for me (:
Old 21-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #10
na01

OMG if that was me I would be so tempted to give her a back hand! :jab: Hmmm probably get my GF to back hand her instead of me but she couldn't even kill an ant... :
Hope you get everything sorted mate.
Old 30-12-2005, 02:13 AM   #11
tinex

thats nothing,u shut see my 1,the hole back side was in the boot.and the car was just 2 monts old.Damage 2600$ and the man 22 with no insurance
tinex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 12:17 PM   #12
na01

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinex
thats nothing,u shut see my 1,the hole back side was in the boot.and the car was just 2 monts old.Damage 2600$ and the man 22 with no insurance
Ouch! I'd never drive a car without being insured just incase of stuff like that.
Old 30-12-2005, 01:58 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Im sorry... but isnt it illegal to drive WITHOUT insurance? I mean, if you hit a Merc S class or a Bentley... GOD HELP YOU! I think you might at that stage need a mortgage...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #14
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Im sorry... but isnt it illegal to drive WITHOUT insurance? I mean, if you hit a Merc S class or a Bentley... GOD HELP YOU! I think you might at that stage need a mortgage...
not ilegal, (you pay for liability insurance with your rego - which is why rego costs so much...... and why its such a big deal to drive unregistered...) but its very stupid.......... you'll be paying it off for the rest of your life

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
thx guys; the lady came out screaming "I'm not gunna pay!!" =x hope insurance gets it all sorted out =/

hopefully I can lower the price to it to be fixed; asking friends to ask their relo's for me (:
if you're insured, it shouldnt matter how much it costs, if you're not insured.....let it be a lesson to you that insurance isnt a bad thing!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 06:45 PM   #15
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yup yup, ALWAYS get insurance for this exact reason. coz if it aint your fault you pay nada, zip, zilch. and the person that hit you HAS to pay, they don't ave a choice
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 01:09 AM   #16
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yup we're insured both ways :] but it still cost dad $450 for the claim though =/
Old 31-12-2005, 01:10 AM   #17
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Yup we're insured both ways :] but it still cost dad $450 for the claim though =/
so in that case, i'd go for the dearest quote you can get, hopefully it will get you a better job...
it doesnt cost you anymore, so why not
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 03:09 AM   #18
na01

hmmm I had my car washed today at a place in neutral bay, sydney and some idiot opened the passenger door into some car and I only realized tonight there was about a centimeter chip on the paint. It stands out as the back ground is silver and my car is blk. :(
I was always careful when opening the doors and once some one else touches your car they don't give a damn....
Old 03-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #19
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Did the woman end up being charged?

My accident 3 weeks ago was similar except it was on the front right corner and my car was written off. Looking back, I should have called the cops and have him charged. He waited for me to get into the intersection before ramming my car.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 04:33 AM   #20
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sht sorry to hear that pertuan =/

the cops said there charging her, they haven't rung him to go in a do the statement though .. unless we didn't need to go court =/ but its only 2 weeks ago though

i am very very very lucky my car isnt written off yet >.< the front and back have been damaged X_X
Old 04-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #21
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

You didnt buy your Fiesta from Coffey Ford by any chance? That dealer sticker looks familiar.

I found out today that the insurance company has sold my written off car. I reckon they sold it for more than the 3500 they paid me. The car was 15 years old, 192k on the clock and serviced by the book. The auto tranny was 3 years old too.

Thats my car after the damage. The front right wheel was punched in.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 05-01-2006, 05:40 AM   #22
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yikes! was it a headon hit or a side hit? (from their view)

yeah lol dad bought it from coffey ford :] the lady hit my right fender and the hubs came out, would that mean it'll need a wheel rebalance? or realignment? or something along the lines of that?
Old 05-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #23
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

It was like a 45 degree collision.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:28 AM   #24
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
yikes! was it a headon hit or a side hit? (from their view)

yeah lol dad bought it from coffey ford :] the lady hit my right fender and the hubs came out, would that mean it'll need a wheel rebalance? or realignment? or something along the lines of that?
I would be making sure both were done, especially the w/a

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #25
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks for the heads of (: i'll make sure to tell dad to tell the insurance that (:
Old 23-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #26
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just got the car back this morning; Found out there was a flapping sound in my rear left corner + a broken left brake light -__________-;; dad says he can fix it but .. im willing to ask ford for a quote :]