Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-01-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default Fiesta ST?

Ok i might be assuming alot here but, ive readalot of articles, that ford are saying that the Fiesta St will only be realesed if the XR5 is a big hit and demand is high.

So what kind of figures do u think Ford Australia are looking at for the XR5 to classify it as a "High Demand Car"??

Ive also read alot of posts on FF and its seems just in this small devision of society the demand for the XR5 is high as alot of people are talking about it. Also i have heard from some dealers and mates that the so called list to buy for the XR5 is nearly full for the first shipment - i think this is bs tho.

I am very eager in the Fiesta ST and hope it will come to the ozzie shores. :lookedat:

Old 05-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Figures such as a 6-9 month waiting list like the Golf.... basically, demand exceeding supply!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 10:08 PM   #3
joshf2
striped

but dont forget the xr5t is a 5 door version, which im sure is turning alot of people off. how can you have a hot hatch if its got 2 too many doors?

interestingly enough, the xr5t will undercut the golf gti by about $5k, not sure if theyre at comparable spec levels, but both of them are only available in 5 door versions, even though 3 doors are available overseas.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 08:20 PM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
but dont forget the xr5t is a 5 door version, which im sure is turning alot of people off. how can you have a hot hatch if its got 2 too many doors?

interestingly enough, the xr5t will undercut the golf gti by about $5k, not sure if theyre at comparable spec levels, but both of them are only available in 5 door versions, even though 3 doors are available overseas.
Um, so a Golf GTI isnt a Hot Hatch? What about the also comparable Megane 225 Turbo Cup? Oh, and the 130i? These arent Hot Hatches?

I think it just appeals to more people if they sell 5 Doors. Have a look at the people buying them. Most people buying it have a young family, so they need something that can fit the kids in the rear easy. Hence, the 5 door is here. Also, the 3 Door Focus isnt sold here just yet... the first one didnt sell like hot cakes, so hence the hesitation in the new model.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 06-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #5
joshf2
striped

what was the last GTi hot hatch? certainly wasnt the mkIV, nor the III, or the II. and how many doors did the mkI have? how many doors does a r32 have? how many doors does the clio have?

certainly the mkV is nice, but along with the megane and the 130i, theyre mildly warmed over sports wagons.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 11:49 PM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
what was the last GTi hot hatch? certainly wasnt the mkIV, nor the III, or the II. and how many doors did the mkI have? how many doors does a r32 have? how many doors does the clio have?

certainly the mkV is nice, but along with the megane and the 130i, theyre mildly warmed over sports wagons.
Sorry, the VW GTI mk5 is not a Sports Wagon. It is a hatch. There is no saying it isn't. And, if it isnt a Hot Hatch, you have something wrong with yourself there.

Didn't say that all Hot Hatches are 5 doors, i was just commenting that their are some 4 Door Hot Hatches, and they are ideally better for those with Family. I guess the reason why small Hot Hatches are 3 door, is because those likely to own a SMALL car are most likely never going to have anyone in the rear. Once the car gets bigger, and you begin to use to rear more often, it makes logical sense to have rear doors.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #7
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Quote:

I totally agree, but in the Focus' case I think it looks better balanced as a 5 door than a 3 door (unlike the old model).

Extra 2 doors or no, it still haul its *** in around 6.5 seconds regardless!
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 05:42 PM   #8
Stampy

We all want an XR5 but how many people will part with $38-40k for one new ,come on the ST170 new was $37k and I belive thats why it didn't sell , the same will happen with the XR5 .
Id love one but not untill its 18mts old and 12k cheaper ,thats when ill look at it .
5 doors will help sell it as a family car that gets to the shops in record time but they will be lucky to sell 250 units in the first year ,Hence no more will be imported...IMO..

Alan
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #9
Arv
Starter Motor

Is the XR5 going to be badged a Ford or an FPV?
If it's an FPV I think it'd sell better, possibly at the expense of the Falcon GT/GTP. However if it's a Ford, and they advertise it in the same manner as they did with the ST170 it may not sell so well.
Even if it doesn;t sell well, I don;t think that Ford should can it because it does wonders for the Focus's image to have the hero model in the local line up.
Arv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 12:19 AM   #10
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

doubt it will be an FPV.
they have already directly related it to the xr range.

fair enough that the fpv's might be based on the xr range but there no longer really badged as an xr :| if u know what i mean. ie... you dont see a falcon that says XR6T Typhoon.
you just see, Typhoon.
If the new focus st was going to be an fpv itd be named something other than xr5t.

but, i may be thinking just a little too hard. time to give my lonely brain cell a rest :P lol
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #11
carazy
Back with Boost!

I like the focus xr5 and may buy one as a lease car. It's cheaper then an xr6t and a hell of a lot more fun then a stock BAII for a few k more.

I think there is a market there, hopefully they do sell because if they do bring in the Fiesta ST I'd love to try it out.. on fifth gear (similar to topgear UK) they got one round the test track 1/2 sec slower then the porche boxer!
carazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post