Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-01-2006, 12:29 AM   #1
na01

Default Ford down 5% in 2005 sales

Just heard on channel 10 news that Ford suffered 5% loss in sales in 2005 where japanese cars are apparently doing well.
I presume Ford was worst or one of worst performer as it was singled out in the finance report.
The way some dealers treat their cusotmers doesn't help either. :(

na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 03:18 AM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

True true. I was looking around in one of the dealerships and two (2) sales people saw me through the window but never approached me. I even put up my hand to get them to come out but they just ignored me.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 09:16 AM   #3
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by na01
Just heard on channel 10 news that Ford suffered 5% loss in sales in 2005 where japanese cars are apparently doing well.
I presume Ford was worst or one of worst performer as it was singled out in the finance report.
The way some dealers treat their cusotmers doesn't help either. :(
Holden were the biggest losers out of the local four manufacturers last year. However the media love the bash Ford so they jump at a chance like this to show that Ford had lost sales even though they weren't the worst performers.

I am still waiting to get the full December 2005 figures from FAPM - then we can see who lost how much in 2005.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #4
na01

I was reading one of the Wheels mag and it also mentioned Ford and Holden were loosing out big time as big cars aren't really doing well nowaday.
Its a pity because I love aussie cars with big grunt not to mention the looks of FPV GT but the price IMO is too high... For the same price you have many other import alternatives.

BTW pertuan, choose your dealership wisely as some have no appreciation to their customers and once you sign the papers they don't wanna know you. If you browse through this forum you'll find some great guys that work at certain dealers which I suggest that you give'em a buzz and get in touch with.
Support the good guys and leave the rest.

Last edited by na01; 07-01-2006 at 10:14 AM.
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 12:55 PM   #5
Lagom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
Holden were the biggest losers out of the local four manufacturers last year. However the media love the bash Ford so they jump at a chance like this to show that Ford had lost sales even though they weren't the worst performers.

I am still waiting to get the full December 2005 figures from FAPM - then we can see who lost how much in 2005.
Ford went down from 135,172 in 2004 units to 129,140 in 2005. Weakness in small cars is really what hurts Ford - it hasn't recovered in that end of the market from the days of Festiva/Laser, even though the Fiesta/Focus are far superior cars. Holden sells well over 20,000 more Astras than Ford sells Focuses. Lets not start on the gap between Corolla & Focus.

I don't know whether the media give Ford a bad time, frankly I reckon the automotive media have been pretty positive with reviews, etc, on Ford in recent times. Certainly a far better run than Holden, but then the products are better too
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #6
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

If Ford AU had a greater marketing presence with small car buyers (as well as the supply to cater to their buyers, but that would eventually take care of itself) then there'd be no problem.

Ford have themselves to blame, I have no simpathy. Wanna sell cars? Try telling people you have them.

Pathetic 'market awareness' and other such PR bollocks.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post