Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #1
timod
Starter Motor

Default Ford Mondeo MC TDCi 2011 - EML error code: P2263

Hi,

The car is Ford Mondeo Hatchback MC TDCi 2011, 2.0 L turbo diesel.

This has been going one quite regularly. Engine Malfunction light comes on, out of sudden during highway speed, normal cruising, or in the city 60kph limit. When the engine malfunction is on, the engine does not accelerate as it should; although cruising is not affected. Turning off the engine for 5 to 10 minutes clear the engine malfunction and the car drives normally. But then, it will happen again the next day or next day or two during normal trip (highway or city). When the EML does not show, scanning does not show any error.

I brought to local mechanic when the Engine Malfunction was still on while driving and the mechanics plugged the scanner while the engine was still on and found:
P2263-85 Turbo/super charge boost system performance signal above allowable limit.

The mechanic check the exhaust hose and any engine oil leak and found nothing. I was advised to replace EGR, although there is no guarantee that will fix the Engine Malfunction. I brought to Ford service (while the car did not show EML) and was told nothing was wrong, and not fix/repair was done.

I read some of the old threads that the possible causes are:
- Boost actuator
- EGR valve stuck open
- MAF or MAP sensors

But no clear indication how to fix (and whether it fixes) the problem.

Can anyone advise? Or, if someone has similar problem, what kind action that fixes the problem.

Thanks.
Tim
timod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post