Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
XR6SQ

Default AU11 CD player to replace AU111 6 Stacker

Hey guys,

I am considering returning my ute to standard in anticipation of buying a 4wd and was wanting to keep the aftermarket (clarion) CD player for my next ride.

As the original 6 stack CD player was destroyed (IDIOT) when I removed it and a replacement is insanely expensive I was considering getting a single CD player out of an AU11, is anyone aware if they are wired the same and if it will be a simple plug and play job? Would be awesome If it also worked with steering wheel controls.

Cheers

Old 25-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: AU11 CD player to replace AU111 6 Stacker

They are wired the same & it will work flawlessly. As long as the loom wasnt cut up for an aftermarket one. In which case youll have to rewire it.

However, I am unsure whether the Single CD HU's has the capability to run the factory A-pillar tweeters (if you have any).
SSD-85 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #3
XR6SQ

Default Re: AU11 CD player to replace AU111 6 Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
They are wired the same & it will work flawlessly. As long as the loom wasnt cut up for an aftermarket one. In which case youll have to rewire it.
Awesome news! I retained the factory loom so all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
However, I am unsure whether the Single CD HU's has the capability to run the factory A-pillar tweeters (if you have any).
No big loss, the factory tweets are not the object of an audiophiles dreams

Cheers for the info Scotty