Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
AD26

Default Another Cougar Newbie

Hi everyone. New to the forum. I've recently picked up a 2001 Cougar with 53000k's on the clock. It's already lowered and sitting on 18s. I'm interested in doing a few basic mods like 2.5" exhaust/extractors, hi-flo cat, k&n pod/panel filter(any preferences?), etc.

I called a few local exhaust shops and they're unable to provide me any headers from the usual suppliers and told me to search the net and make sure they fit a RHD vehicle.

I did better and joined the Ford Forum where it looks like there's a good lot of knowledge being shared I'm sure I'll be thanking many people here in the future with my noob questions.

I've only found the MSDS headers mentioned here though in my thread picking. Is importing a set of these the only option for us? Not that I'm against it, just shy of a grand is MUCH better than the exhaust shop's offer of fabricating me a pair for 2500.

Also just wondering what the optimal exhaust diameter for the cougar is? I guessed about 2.5" and it seems a few other members of the forum have the same.

Lastly, is there any preference to pod or panel filter?

Thank you all!

AD26 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post