Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-11-2006, 02:31 AM   #1
amlohac

Default New look

What does everyone think? I like my rice.

amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #2
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That doesnt look too bad to be honest... it just needs to be dropped about another 2" though to fill the arches a bit better.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

yer i have to say drop it alitle more....looks good otherwise!

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #4
simonr
Focus Rookie

Well done! i think you the first to put a full front bar and back bar on any the eurofords (focus or fiesta anyway...)

How much was the kit.. and how much for painting and fitting?
Old 01-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #5
tabaccs

I agree, looks good but would look great if you dropped it an inch or two... Tinting those windows would also make it look a heap better!!

ST170 Side Indicators, K&N Panel Filter, Factory Scuff Plates,
Leather/Alloy Handbrake Cover, Body Kit
tabaccs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #6
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I reckon you need to get a set of personalised plates to match the blue of the car, and lose the yellow standard plates. It will really set the car off, as I find the yellow plates really spoil the effect
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 12:31 PM   #7
Danny
GT4.

Looks nice man, But I hate the bog standard issue NSW plates...
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #8
HLC
Audi S3

get some of the diamond mesh from AWC, i think it would tie in with the front grill much much better- on the front bar that is, and the numberplates too :P otherwise i reckon it looks good.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #9
raymon81

Good job almohac, car is looking very nice! Only thing i could suggest is probably putting the original taillights bak on, i dont really think the clear lights suit the blue color, but other wise keep up the great work man.
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
raymon81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #10
amlohac

All your comments on what i should do are on the list already. Its the money thats slowing me down.

Kit cost me $600 painting and fitting cost $850. Im so happy with the price of the whole thing i nearly could cry, i really feel i got it for very cheap.

Lowering is definatly on the cards, i dont want to go to low as im a very avid snowboarder so i need to fit chains, thinking about going fully adjustable. All a bit expensive at the moment.

Im looking at getting that midnight tint from tint-a-car. But yet again its all a bit too pricey.

Im going to get some euro plates to get rid of the yellow "dogs balls" as i call them.

And as for the lights, i like em, i know alot of people think "OH GOD CRHOME". Im thinking about getting some tint spray onto the tail lights and the rear foggies.

Then as all of us would LOVE to do but cant afford the install of the insurance after it. A turbo will be fitted i just need the $7000 to get it done, its all reserached, will run 4-5psi of boost, should be sweet.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #11
Marshy79

I like it!

*two thumbs up*
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #12
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bigger wheels! lower,tint on all the windows and the lights, but definately heading in the right direction!
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #13
OZXR4
formally ozmondeo

The front bar looks great but i am not a fan of the rear. it looks like ones that dickheads put on the their lancer coups. but thats my opinion what does it matter. Taste is in the hand of the beer holder. :
Old 03-11-2006, 01:29 AM   #14
amlohac

Dont know if anyone would be interested, but i still have the old body kit off my car, including the extra skirting you could get from ford (they called it a body kit and charged over $1000 for it from the factory).

So if anyone wants it just shoot me a PM