Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
dtp

Default WA teen caught driving at 201km/h

Just madness.......

http://au.news.yahoo.com/070906/2/14d17.html

2020 Mustang GT fastback
Magnetic, 10 sp automatic
Old 06-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #2
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Edit.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
Old 06-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Thursday September 6, 02:43 PM
WA teen caught driving at 201km/h

A 19-year-old Perth man has been caught driving 111km/h over the speed limit just days after completing his probationary licence period.

Police say they recorded the young driver heading towards them in a Nissan Skyline at 189km/h on the Roe Highway at Midland around 8.30pm (WST) Wednesday.

As police prepared to stop him, he accelerated to 201km/h in the 90km/h zone.

The driver had finished his probationary licence period four days earlier, police said.

A 19-year-old Swanview man has been charged with reckless driving under Western Australia's hoon legislation, and his car impounded for 48 hours.

He is due to appear in the Midland Magistrates Court at a later date.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #4
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In traffic?

Old 06-09-2007, 10:36 PM   #5
gtfpv
GT

maybe mad . but who hasnt done it at one time or another ( when young ) . very scary thought . my kids will be made to do track driving , when they get there licence . that way wg, hopefully they will do it under safe controlled conditions . and giving them a place and chance to do it .
Old 06-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah^ Young people will always be hoons.

I don't get people 40-50 on this forum saying that it's absolute stupidity and that they were always angels cause 90% of the people I work with are 35 and over tell me stories doing 120mph in their slapped together clevo's.

And the stories I hear from my dads mates about what they use to do...

At least today cars are more stable at higher speeds.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #7
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You get P's at 16 in WA??
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #8
1970galaxie
Fat 460

Look, there's a time and place for everything.
Not in the suburbs of Perth, or any suburban roads for that matter, at that speed.
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #9
toby123
Boosted TQE FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van D
You get P's at 16 in WA??
No, you can get them at 17 and have them for 2 years..

Project: EF Falcon Turbo... Not long till back on the road.....
Old 06-09-2007, 11:28 PM   #10
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Well at least he made the double ton.

Has anyone here even gone 150? On a wide open freeway its not that bad.

Would be cool to have a speeding ticket with 200+kmh on it eh
Old 06-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #11
sheldzzz
sheldzzz

ahahaha

Old 06-09-2007, 11:32 PM   #12
kocho
The Futuriser

Whats going on here?

'cool' to have a 200k+ speed ticket?
but who hasnt done it at one time or another ( when young )?

Good on you two heroes... : :togo:

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
Old 06-09-2007, 11:35 PM   #13
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
maybe mad . but who hasnt done it at one time or another ( when young )
*puts hand up* Never even thought about it. I like living.

Besides, it doesn't matter how young the person is - it matters how incredibly stupid the person is.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:45 PM   #14
GUNEF
GUNEF

a bit stupid but a least he waited until he was off his p's... not as many points and he still may be able to drive...

got good bragging rights to the boys i supose
hahaha
Old 07-09-2007, 01:23 AM   #15
NEEDspeed

I recon its quite a stupid thing to do, only extenuating circumstances even warrant faster then the speed limit driving...

Going north to Geraldton, being tailgated by a Vy SS ute at 130km/h, my patience wore thin and as he kicked it to get past down a dead-straight bit of Brand hwy, I gave it the utter shits and took him by a carlength at 215km/h. I then let him go past. I'd experienced 200+, now I'm satisfied and stick to the limit.
By product of the rear wings on cars, it was a bit light on the front wheels at over 190.

Blueprint 2003 XR6. Forged internals 10.8cr engine.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:39 AM   #16
feebs
BrwnBstd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNEF
a bit stupid but a least he waited until he was off his p's... not as many points and he still may be able to drive...

got good bragging rights to the boys i supose
hahaha

at 111 OVER the limit.. points are irrelevent.. he will be cathching buses for sure. Few on a car forum can really preach about it, but he was doing that speed through town which is not on.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:43 AM   #17
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEaaron

I don't get people 40-50 on this forum saying that it's absolute stupidity and that they were always angels cause 90% of the people I work with are 35 and over tell me stories doing 120mph in their slapped together clevo's.
I don't think it's right,but I agree.There are a lot of "angels" on this forum that have never done anything wrong (I'm not one of them ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEEDspeed
I recon its quite a stupid thing to do, only extenuating circumstances even warrant faster then the speed limit driving...

Going north to Geraldton, being tailgated by a Vy SS ute at 130km/h, my patience wore thin and as he kicked it to get past down a dead-straight bit of Brand hwy, I gave it the utter shits and took him by a carlength at 215km/h. I then let him go past. I'd experienced 200+, now I'm satisfied and stick to the limit.
By product of the rear wings on cars, it was a bit light on the front wheels at over 190.
You "let" a vy ss ute pass your au xr 6 at 215kph hey?Please.

And that was your "extenuating circumstances even warrant faster then the speed limit driving...",you've completely contradicted yourself.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:57 AM   #18
feebs
BrwnBstd

Quote:
I
I would have to doubt taht story too. at 160 when you car has to go into 3rd, the ls1's pull away from the 6.. between 120 and 160 it is fairly even due to the different gearing... but not over that.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:21 AM   #19
NVM14D

Havn't Raced Over 205kmh Since My Lancer. Only Really Get To About 160 When One Of Us Backs Off Now But Don't Mind Winding The Xr8 Up To Speeds Here And There.
Maybe You Need To Upgrade To A Ba Xr With Lowered Springs. Handles Nicely At 200kmh.

Agree Fully Though, Time And Place. Only On Highway By Yourself Or With Someone Who Doesn't Care About The Unforseen Consequences. Respect To Passengers Who Want You To Drive Safe. Drive Normally For Them.
Guess I'm A Revhead But Not Hoon

LOWERED ROLLING ON 20'S
ENGINE WORK COMING SOON
Old 07-09-2007, 07:16 AM   #20
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:

That was an extenuating circumstance? Just letting him go by and off your bumper would have been the smarter thing to do.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #21
gozza

Years ago after having my p's for maybe a year i was driving with my mate - he had the same car and we gunned it on a long stretch early one morning - Basically we were going as fast as the car could - Let me tell you when you see a copper with a radar pointing at you then scrambling like a mad man for his bike you never do these speeds again- Lucky for me my mate was in front and the reading was on him

Also once you go to the drag strip you find speeding on the public road rather irrevelant
Old 07-09-2007, 09:23 AM   #22
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Police say they recorded the young driver heading towards them in a Nissan Skyline at 189km/h on the Roe Highway at Midland around 8.30pm (WST) Wednesday.

As police prepared to stop him, he accelerated to 201km/h in the 90km/h zone.
What an idiot!!!!!!!

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:36 AM   #23
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Was the bed wet when you woke up?

Craig
Old 07-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #24
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have never exceeded 110km/h...and that was when I was meant to be doing 100.

I didn't get my Ps until I was 23, so I would like to think I am a little more mature and appreciate the danger that driving a motor vehicle poses, especially around Camry drivers :P

I tend to feel that had I been 18 when I got my license, I probably would have been a true willyhead. OBVIOUSLY, I am not the most mature person for my age.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #25
Xitdxr
1.8 Turbo baby

hmmmm.....interesting thread. I would be suprised if anyone here hasnt done a similar speed. I lost my licence when i was 19 doing 144km/h down the Eastern late at night, no other traffic, except a cop with a radar gun on the infeild.

Im pretty good now, but everyone has there moments, its just you need to take it as far out of the burbs as possible and you should be on your own if you want to do these things.

This kid will learn nothing other than not to do it in a built up area from this, and he may not even learn that. I would be sending him to a Defensive driving course before he gets his licence back, but thats just me.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #26
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEaaron
Yeah^ Young people will always be hoons.

And the stories I hear from my dads mates about what they use to do...

At least today cars are more stable at higher speeds.
The tales maybe true, but you must remember there wasn't always an open road speed limit...sad thing is I'm old enough to remember what a speed derestriction sign looks like...
Old 07-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #27
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I have never exceeded 110km/h...and that was when I was meant to be doing 100.

I didn't get my Ps until I was 23, so I would like to think I am a little more mature and appreciate the danger that driving a motor vehicle poses, especially around Camry drivers :P

Firstly, I don't believe you. Secondly, IMO UD, that puts you in the danger to society pile. Whilst speeding is naughty blah blah blah, your lack of confidence in yourself is even scarier. If I was on a motorway doing 110k's, how comfortable do you think I would be knowing that the driver of the car beside me is driving at the fastest he has ever driven?

Seriously, if you've never cracked 110, get out and have a little try at overtaking someone on the highway one day - or better yet, get down to a track day and see what happens when you open her up a bit.

You mock Camry drivers but you fit the bill perfectly. The biggest killer on our roads is complacency - I'd hate to think of how many people believe they are a good (or safe) driver purely because they stay under the posted limit at all times.

BTW - yep, the kid is a dh.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #28
boss-290

I can't beleive some of the comments in this thread.

Until the day a family member or one of your friends are killed by this maniac, I wonder what your resposes will be then?

"but who hasnt done it at one time or another ( when young )" There's simply no excuse.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:49 AM   #29
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry 351
The tales maybe true, but you must remember there wasn't always an open road speed limit...sad thing is I'm old enough to remember what a speed derestriction sign looks like...
So just because it wasn't illegal then makes it any less dangerous?

Man there are a lot of people with a BS "hollier than thou" attitude! Here in Sydney, on the major freeways, you're lucky to see someone doing the speedlimit, my wife is a nervous passenger, so when we're on the freeway it's 110, and almost everyone, grandpa's included fly past us, I know if I'm on my own, average speed is about 125 km/h...

As far as the kid in the story goes, wouldn't the speed limit have been 60 if he was driving through a town? Even the dodgiest backwater towns in NSW that are on highways get a 60 speed limit most of the time....
Old 07-09-2007, 10:57 AM   #30
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
I can't beleive some of the comments in this thread.

Until the day a family member or one of your friends are killed by this maniac, I wonder what your resposes will be then?

"but who hasnt done it at one time or another ( when young )" There's simply no excuse.

Very true mate, unfortunatley alot of people on this forum actually think that speeding is not dangerous?????? They somehow think it makes you less of a man if you think it is dangerous.
Closed Thread