Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-12-2005, 11:47 PM   #1
buickman
buickman

Default Burnout Fine

In the local paper a bloke doing a burnout in his Statesman at a set of traffic lights outside the KNOX POLICE station received a fine of $5,000 & a six month suspended jail sentence.
The charge dangerous driving.

These fools always learn the hard way outside a police station?. Give him another brain it would be lonely

buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 11:49 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

from what ive heard, the coppers around knox are fairly hard / by the book blokes, it would only take a moron to play up there....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 12:03 AM   #3
AdzT3-146
own the road

yer i just read that. what a dumb ....

Everyone knows cops in Knox are pretty strict, plain idiocy.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 12:08 AM   #4
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Are you sure it was $5000? I didnt think the fine for dangerous driving extended that far.

Prettysure he knew what he was doing as the Knox cops are notorious for being hardarses against nice cars.

Still think its abit steep though. Most of the people arrested in cronulla wont get punishments even close to that.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 12:09 AM   #5
Aeron
DJR Fan

Post up the pic, if the photo was in the paper that is.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 12:10 AM   #6
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Are you sure it was $5000? I didnt think the fine for dangerous driving extended that far.

Prettysure he knew what he was doing as the Knox cops are notorious for being hardarses against nice cars.

Still think its abit steep though. Most of the people arrested in cronulla wont get punishments even close to that.
Yep that was the cost of the fine. No pic just a item write up
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 12:12 AM   #7
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

crap hey, well if hes stupid enough to do it.

Massive fine... and jail term, dam suxs to be him right about now
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 12:16 AM   #8
HOON69
Banned

yep the fines can be hefty usually for a light fine its 700bucks then 1500 then 2500 but i never seen em as high as 5k and a suspended jail term god he must of had a huge record to get a whammy like that..
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 12:34 AM   #9
LUXO_8
windsor user

if he's had previous fines for it, then they will be that high....
Old 18-12-2005, 12:42 AM   #10
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Don't blame Vic Police they just doing there job of enforcing the law, if someone is so silly to tempt fate and do it outside any Police Station then he just asking for a booking with a magistrate...
We have several race tracks and burnout comps anyone can compete in on a weekly basis and its all legal.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 01:42 AM   #11
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How does doing a burnout outside a police station equate to a larger fine than doing a burn out anywhere else? Does it make it more dangerous because there is a large building opposite that has a police sign on the front of it, if I got fined 5 thousand for that I would be appealing it for sure.
Old 18-12-2005, 02:05 AM   #12
darnoldrs

It ****es me off because as stated earlier, you have a nice car and like to drive it and get a fine like that for "doing a burn out". if it was off at the light he prob just span the wheels and the rest is just BS to make it sound good. Yet all these thugs that go around bashing people and deastoying property get a slap on the rist and say,"dont do it again please". How is that fair or Just. It just stinks, People need to grow a brain and some common sence. for example, If a speed sign says it is leagle to do 100kmph this doesnt mean it is always safe, just as in some places 170kmph is just as safe. when you go into NT and have open speed limits, does that make the road safer once you have passed the speed sign. Its common sence that doesnt seem to be so common any more.
sorry for that had to get it off my chest.
darnoldrs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 02:48 AM   #13
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

LMAO!!! :

A burnout right outside KNOX police station? On what is a very large, heavily populated main road? He deserved that and more, the fool. :
Old 18-12-2005, 05:40 AM   #14
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Man
LMAO!!! :

A burnout right outside KNOX police station? On what is a very large, heavily populated main road? He deserved that and more, the fool. :
Agreed. This a####ole deserves nothing less. What a f ### i n g yobbo ****er.

20V Turbo

Last edited by SpoolMan; 18-12-2005 at 05:59 PM. Reason: choice of words
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 06:01 AM   #15
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

thats b/s what a fukn joke!!! sentences for stealing cars aren't even that bad!!!!!
let alone assualt!!! such b/s
FPVWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 08:19 AM   #16
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Like as has been said by others here, he may have been an habitual idiot who does these sort of things for a thrill? He got what he deserved.

WHat would have happened if this moron had blown a tyre or broke an axle? The car may have become airborne and KILLED or MAIMED someone? that is why they call it Dangerous Driving.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 09:12 AM   #17
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hate the stupid laws we have!

what a joke. As if a burnout would kill anyone.

I am yet to see people who actually killed people for falling asleep at the wheel, or not give way get fines like thiis.

As far as I am concernd falling asleep is as bad as drink driving. Burnouts are nothing...
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 09:26 AM   #18
TCK-098

jeez i got off lightly then when i got done for creating a smoke cloud a couple of years back got a hit with loss of three points $375 towing fee plus $700 fine and storage costs on top of that as car got confiscated for three months and held at enfield Auctions but when i got car back it had stereo missing and needed a full respray.

So in other words dont be a dick on the roads or they will take ya toy and literatly stuuf it at the same time.
Old 18-12-2005, 10:33 AM   #19
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual

What happens when things go wrong, I'm sure nobody has ever been hurt or killed when something to do with cars has gone wrong

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 10:45 AM   #20
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
There have been a few instances over the years where the driver has lost control and plowed into the crowd watching, injuring people.
If this clown was dumb enough to do it outside a Police station, then he deserves everything he gets.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 11:59 AM   #21
Dav0
"Saddam your sooo emo"-JH

did he loose the car??? bwahahaha 5 grand :P
Dav0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 01:55 PM   #22
shane3
FPV GT 0915

What a phuk'n joke, I span the wheels at a pedestrian Xing (yellow piant is very slippery!!!!)and the cops got me for,
1. dangerous driving,
2. failing to have proper control of a vehicle,
3. careless driving and
4. causing unnecessary smoke and noise,
and it all added up to a $436 fine, 3 points, and 3 months suspended licence. The booking officer was a senior constable from the Sklida drug investigation squad and the first thing out of his mouth was "how did a guy like you get a car like that?"
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #23
NZ
~~~

I've had my car confiscated and sold at auction before after being caught doing burnouts. that was after 1 previous dangerous driving and one disq. driving. the fine was 500. The guy probably had a list as long as his arm to get 5k. either that or he knocked up the judges daughter
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #24
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

i was doing a u turn and accedently spun the wheels accross 3 lains when no one was comming so it was all safe when a cor from the other side of the road saw. he handed me a $170 fine for purpus loss of controll. i lernt my lesson
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #25
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your gonna act like a dick on the roads, then you suffer the consequences. Road laws are there for a reason. How many times have you seen idiots loose contol of the car after doing a burnout. $5,000 isn't enough. Car should be taken and sold at auction. Theres a difference of getting a little wheel spin when you take off and sitting there smoking it up. If your gonna do a burnout and get caught, you should not be on the roads.

This guy sounds like a real moron. Doing a burnout isn't bad ebough, but in front of the police station. What a goose. He should loose his licence for 2 years or more, confiscate his car and sell it and restrict him from driving anything more than 1.8 litre for 5 years when his suspension is finnished. Nail him to the wall. He deserves it.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #26
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
If your gonna act like a dick on the roads, then you suffer the consequences. Road laws are there for a reason. How many times have you seen idiots loose contol of the car after doing a burnout. $5,000 isn't enough. Car should be taken and sold at auction. Theres a difference of getting a little wheel spin when you take off and sitting there smoking it up. If your gonna do a burnout and get caught, you should not be on the roads.

This guy sounds like a real moron. Doing a burnout isn't bad ebough, but in front of the police station. What a goose. He should loose his licence for 2 years or more, confiscate his car and sell it and restrict him from driving anything more than 1.8 litre for 5 years when his suspension is finnished. Nail him to the wall. He deserves it.
a 1.8 can still do a burnout, i have even done a 11m in a holden barina, on the test track
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 02:28 PM   #27
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb91xr6
a 1.8 can still do a burnout, i have even done a 11m in a holden barina, on the test track
I've got a 1.8 focus. That would be lucky to blow the head of a beer. I think almost anything can do a bunout.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 02:31 PM   #28
mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I've got a 1.8 focus. That would be lucky to blow the head of a beer. I think almost anything can do a bunout.
as long as its a manual and u can dump the clutch @ 5000 rpm :

on a skid pan of cause not at ur local maccas :
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 03:22 PM   #29
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
i was doing a u turn and accedently spun the wheels accross 3 lains when no one was comming so it was all safe when a cor from the other side of the road saw. he handed me a $170 fine for purpus loss of controll. i lernt my lesson
please explain to me how you "accidentally" spin the wheels across 3 lanes!!
what a bloody joke....... you got what you deserved mate.......
Old 18-12-2005, 05:23 PM   #30
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
The English language is great when a word has many meanings. By accidently you meant purposfully. :Reverend: