Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-07-2020, 08:44 PM   #151
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Default Re: Vicroads snowflake offended at custom plate WEPN

Back to the subject, the goal of 10'000 signatures has been reached. So what now? What happens now that 10'000 people have signed the petition?

Does Mr Hansen get his plates back?

If it reaches 1'000'000 signatures, does Mr Hansen get his plates back?
Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2020, 09:02 PM   #152
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Back to the subject, the goal of 10'000 signatures has been reached. So what now? What happens now that 10'000 people have signed the petition?

No, I bet he doesn't because the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

Hang on... Oh snap..

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2020, 11:23 PM   #153
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:

Theoretically, we should takeover Vicroads. We have a "mandate", as so many politicians pontificate when justifying the implementation of their laws.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-07-2020, 08:55 PM   #154
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
What a joke. People need to get offended by real problems in Australia and not be so dam soft.

Oh the irony.

You're absolutely right. Pages & pages, not to mention petitions, of people whinging and carrying on, calling people names, all over an utterly irrelevant government decision.
So some idiot bogan didn't get his choice of infantile number plate? Yeah, "People need to get offended by real problems in Australia"

Yes, sure, we are over-regulated and over-governed, buts lets save the umbrage and riots for something that actually matters.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2020, 09:10 PM   #155
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

On the way home tonight I saw 'CNTZFD'

How that got through the keeper?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2020, 09:35 PM   #156
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

How that got through the keeper?
I dont get it,
do you have a dirtier mind than me Franco
Old 13-07-2020, 09:48 PM   #157
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
If you saw that plate today like you said you did, then that blue Holden Rodeo owner is driving an unregistered vehicle.
Registration expired yesterday.
Old 13-07-2020, 09:52 PM   #158
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Old mate had to hand those wepn plates in hey.... thats pretty sad
TICKFORD220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2020, 12:20 AM   #159
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If you saw that plate today like you said you did, then that blue Holden Rodeo owner is driving an unregistered vehicle.
Maybe he is!!
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2020, 07:08 AM   #160
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post

Oh the irony.

You're absolutely right. Pages & pages, not to mention petitions, of people whinging and carrying on, calling people names, all over an utterly irrelevant government decision.
So some idiot bogan didn't get his choice of infantile number plate? Yeah, "People need to get offended by real problems in Australia"

Yes, sure, we are over-regulated and over-governed, buts lets save the umbrage and riots for something that actually matters.
Yep Covid 19, unemployment, a recession, travel restrictions etc etc and yet people get themselves worked into a frenzy over a stupid number plate.

Amazing how easy it is to deflect people away from real issues onto A Current Affair style fluff.
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2020, 07:24 AM   #161
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Was indeed a blue Rodeo and was last night - CNTZFD indeed!
Old 16-07-2020, 11:43 AM   #162
Fairlane 500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't understand how the company calling themselves "White Lady Funerals" is allowed to use a name like that these days?

I have also been to 2 funerals which they have done & found them to be a revolting bunch of opportunistic people
consistently putting in numerous advertising plugs in for themselves throughout both of the services.

I found their multiple advertising plugs for themselves disrespectful at a funeral when people were paying top money for their services.

Last edited by Fairlane 500; 16-07-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Fairlane 500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2020, 12:02 PM   #163
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane 500 View Post
I can't understand how the company calling themselves "White Lady Funerals" is allowed to use a name like that these days?

I have also been to 2 funerals which they have done & found them to be a revolting bunch of opportunistic people
consistently putting in numerous advertising plugs in for themselves throughout both of the services.

I found their multiple advertising plugs for themselves disrespectful at a funeral when people were paying top money for their services.
Yeah well is is disrepectful.Probably rascist too using white in their name and maybe they aren’t very nice “ladies”
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2020, 12:22 PM   #164
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Yeah well is is disrepectful.Probably rascist too using white in their name and maybe they aren’t very nice “ladies”
may be like aunty jack they arnt even “ladies”
and i recon people would get offended buy aunty jack too these days
like they did bill and ben the flower pot men ~ but had to be pulled coz people were offended due to them living in the same flower pot cant have that
and even fat cat he was pulled coz people were offended he didnt wear pants

what are we coming to

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2020, 12:54 PM   #165
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:

Did you post in the wrong thread??
Old 16-07-2020, 01:20 PM   #166
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

What exactly does this have to do with 'offensive' number plates?
Old 16-07-2020, 01:42 PM   #167
Fairlane 500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
What exactly does this have to do with 'offensive' number plates?
It has nothing to do with number plates obviously.....

but the thread is titled about snowflakes being offended, words, phrases
& stuff not being allowed because so many people get offended by so many things these days.

Therefore it is not really very far off the topic.

But, if staying 100% on track with this previously seemingly light hearted thread offends, please delete my slightly off topic post. Cheers

Last edited by Fairlane 500; 16-07-2020 at 01:48 PM.
Old 16-07-2020, 01:52 PM   #168
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
..the thread is titled about snowflakes being offended, words, phrases
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane 500
Hmmm...
Old 16-07-2020, 02:02 PM   #169
Fairlane 500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
may be like aunty jack they arnt even “ladies”
and i recon people would get offended buy aunty jack too these days
like they did bill and ben the flower pot men ~ but had to be pulled coz people were offended due to them living in the same flower pot cant have that
and even fat cat he was pulled coz people were offended he didnt wear pants

what are we coming to

Yeah, this stuff is getting out of control, I am surprised we can still order a white coffee these days.
Old 17-07-2020, 11:14 AM   #170
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Looks like Mr Hansen is getting some TV time. CH9's Today Show has made time to help solve his issue coming up in a few minutes.

edit: All 30 seconds of asking 2 nobodies for their opinion. Both sided with Mr Hansen. The end.

Last edited by Tickford.; 17-07-2020 at 11:20 AM.
Old 17-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #171
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't see how that's offensive, but surely if they're going through randomly checking plates they should publish a standard set of guidelines so people know what is or isn't likely to get flagged.

Also, doesn't someone approve them when you order them? Shouldn't it be caught then?

If it gets through then you should get your money back if they change their mind.

I considered personalised plates once, and IAMG0D was apparently available, but I figured they wouldn't be on long before someone trashes my car.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #172
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I saw this on FB. What a joke. People need to get offended by real problems in Australia and not be so dam soft.
I agree.

I went and bought two 3000kg Kinchrome jack stands today from Total Tools and some 40+ something Boomer Landcruiser owner gave me a nasty look as I loaded them into the back of the car.

I mean if I can lift it onto a trolley and into a car it doesn't mean I can't do it and if someone wants to help me overhaul my brakes the least I can do is haul back home some jack stands. The cheapy but lighter ones for $60 there were so crap I wouldn't trust my life on them.

Disabled persons rights matter too.

Don't be such a snowflake. My dad had a broken back and I've got a broken back. Don't be such a snowflake, I know my limits and there are plenty of people out there in wheelchairs that work on cars.

Then when I left the place someone blocked off one of the lanes in their landcruiser as they were trying to turn right which then made some other person in a landcruiser decided to get into the outside lane in their car, the same lane that I was moving into at the same time. So I gave it a bootful to prevent getting creamed.

Then when I had to merge into a single lane further up ahead another Landcruiser driver decided he wanted to speed up and block the gap instead of let me in as I tried to merge into the inside lane.

Oh yeah, lets not even get into the feud with my neighbour who I'm not allowed to talk about.

I think that Bogans swear so much that they've blocked any brain capacity of theirs from properly thinking things through. If only they stopped swearing so much maybe they could think clearer and have a lower blood pressure.

Same with this thread I guess everyone getting upset about vicroads banning some plates that they find offensive and a 6 page thread being made about it. Oh gee oh god we should make a petition about it! Fluffle Fluffle cluck cluck.

Settle down boomers! If you want to actually adhere to the polite qualities that you so strongly believe in then why don't you guys try actually living like that for once and stop swearing at people.

Thats what this whole vanity plate thing is about, its about making the roads a polite place to be not a statement about how "EVL-000" you guys are. We're all just going to get groceries and buy stuff we're not shooting at each other on the roads!

But none of you will actually ever admit that your car isn't a weapon because its so firmly attached to your egos. Its just a shopping trolley!

Wanna know how my dad got a broken back? He got sandwiched in between two dual cab trucks, the occupants in front of him were killed instantly and he escaped barely alive with the occupant sitting next to him dying.

Stop hooning.
De-escalate the act of driving a car.
Stop threatening others on the road with nasty mean looking 4x4s.

Act your age. If you're over 40 you shouldn't be swearing, period.

Last edited by gooseneck; 17-07-2020 at 12:16 PM.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #173
McobraR
me may my mo

"The Shadow Minister for Metro Roads, Road Safety and the TAC, Brad Battin has also weighed in and is asking members of the public to make their views known via an online survey. "

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/vic...-number-plates

Might be worth filling if anyones interested in letting them know of your opinion.
Main questions are: Do you find this plate offensive? Why or why not? Do you believe Vicroads should return the plate to the owner. Then just filling in your own details.

Survey link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WEPNPlates
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2020, 12:32 PM   #174
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
I agree.

I went and bought two 3000kg Kinchrome jack stands today from Total Tools and some 40+ something Boomer Landcruiser owner gave me a nasty look as I loaded them into the back of the car.

I mean if I can lift it onto a trolley and into a car it doesn't mean I can't do it and if someone wants to help me overhaul my brakes the least I can do is haul back home some jack stands. The cheapy but lighter ones for $60 there were so crap I wouldn't trust my life on them.

Don't be such a snowflake. My dad had a broken back and I've got a broken back. Don't be such a snowflake, I know my limits and there are plenty of people out there in wheelchairs that work on cars.

Then when I left the place someone blocked off one of the lanes in their landcruiser as they were trying to turn right which then made some other person in a landcruiser decided to get into the outside lane in their car, the same lane that I was moving into at the same time. So I gave it a bootful to prevent getting creamed.

Then when I had to merge into a single lane further up ahead another Landcruiser driver decided he wanted to speed up and block the gap instead of let me in as I tried to merge into the inside lane.

Oh yeah, lets not even get into the feud with my neighbour who I'm not allowed to talk about.

I think that Bogans swear so much that they've blocked any brain capacity of theirs from properly thinking things through. If only they stopped swearing so much maybe they could think clearer and have a lower blood pressure.

Same with this thread I guess everyone getting upset about vicroads banning some plates that they find offensive and a 6 page thread being made about it. Oh gee oh god we should make a petition about it! Fluffle Fluffle cluck cluck.

Settle down boomers! If you want to actually adhere to the polite qualities that you so strongly believe in then why don't you guys try actually living like that for once and stop swearing at people.

Thats what this whole vanity plate thing is about, its about making the roads a polite place to be not a statement about how "EVL-000" you guys are. We're all just going to get groceries and buy stuff we're not shooting at each other on the roads!

But none of you will actually ever admit that your car isn't a weapon because its so firmly attached to your egos. Its just a shopping trolley!

Wanna know how my dad got a broken back? He got sandwiched in between two dual cab trucks, the occupants in front of him were killed instantly and he escaped barely alive with the occupant sitting next to him dying.

Stop hooning.

Much like your post this is somewhat off topic, but 40 year olds are not Boomers.

Now, can we get back on topic please.
Old 17-07-2020, 12:39 PM   #175
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
I considered personalised plates once, and IAMG0D was apparently available
I've got those plates. They're on my LandCruiser, which has a lift kit and 33's. Looks mean as. Way meaner than my foul-mouthed 40 something neighbours LandCruiser.

Ok, gotta rocket to the shops in my LandCruiser for some toilet paper. Let's see if I can break my previous time of 7min 46sec to the shops and back.

7 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2020, 01:47 PM   #176
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
I agree.

Stop hooning.

i dont even wtf
6 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2020, 04:53 PM   #177
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I agree.

Stop hooning.

hell yea
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2020, 09:38 PM   #178
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mid 70's birth is actually the nadir, the "baby bust"

more of a boom from 85-95

and what came after were tide pod eaters
Old 18-07-2020, 12:50 PM   #179
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
I don't see how that's offensive, but surely if they're going through randomly checking plates they should publish a standard set of guidelines so people know what is or isn't likely to get flagged.

Also, doesn't someone approve them when you order them? Shouldn't it be caught then?

If it gets through then you should get your money back if they change their mind.

I considered personalised plates once, and IAMG0D was apparently available, but I figured they wouldn't be on long before someone trashes my car.
It actually states on their plate ordering website, plates that offend and are deemed disrespectful will not be issued but I guess who is to judge what is offensive these days.

https://vplates.com.au/help

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2020, 05:06 PM   #180
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

There is a really shmick looking FG Falcon / G6 thing or whatever the premium one was called that gets around the city and often parks in front of my office with plates NMESIS... Actually there right now.

How DARE the agent of my downfall intimidate me in such a way..

Perhaps I should make a complaint

Poor son of unmarried parents.... with things the way they are going those plates are skating on thin ice...

Nice car too.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post