Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 08:37 PM   #3841
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Well.. looks like Dr Prydey conveniently decided to go offline after reading my post requesting the "facts".

So I thought I'll post post up some "fabricated" stories on student to student infections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria's Chief Health Officer Professor Brett Sutton Jul 2, 2020
“We are certainly seeing some evidence of student to student and teacher to teacher- especially teacher to teacher - transmission.”
And some fabricated stories in the media:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...02-p558da.html

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/co...09049ddeed984d

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...ool--c-1139409

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...7-75fdd5e2a7c4

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...egins/12409436

Last edited by russellw; 04-07-2020 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Enough of the insults
This user likes this post:
Old 03-07-2020, 08:56 PM   #3842
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Well... you know how we were told children don't get infected, unlikely to pass it on, so send your children to school...??

So.. how did that "expert medical advice" work out for you Mr Morrison?

I got flamed hard for having that opinion 600 posts back ...

Last edited by zilo; 03-07-2020 at 09:13 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2020, 09:22 PM   #3843
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The SA govt crackdown on the vic border is pretty full on, ive spent the last 2 days in MT gambier, a good number of their workers live cross border. The police ARE calling employers in the town, asking 1- Does joe blogs work there? And 2- Is joe blogs rostered on today? After an early morning crossing.
I don’t see how western Victoria should pay for the sins of suburban Melbourne.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 03-07-2020, 09:29 PM   #3844
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
The SA govt crackdown on the vic border is pretty full on, ive spent the last 2 days in MT gambier, a good number of their workers live cross border. The police ARE calling employers in the town, asking 1- Does joe blogs work there? And 2- Is joe blogs rostered on today? After an early morning crossing.
I don’t see how western Victoria should pay for the sins of suburban Melbourne.
Its ironic - 2 speed economy where Melbourne reaps the rewards when its Melbourne above all else but when its pandemic time regional VIC is lumped in with Melbourne and now can't open hospitality businesses or cross borders.
5 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2020, 09:37 PM   #3845
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the news today, cases in Flemington, Kensington at higher rate this week, these are outside the lockdown areas. Also, kids passing to other kids at school, ditto between teachers, 27 schools got the cleaning so far.

The good news is this is teaching me what the Melbourne suburbs are. I formerly knew 'Werribee off ramp, ring road, and CBD.'

What's the odds they extend to more suburbs early next week?

For the love of all that's holy, please isolate the regions Vic ALP - like done very well by WA ALP.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:42 PM   #3846
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
In the news today, cases in Flemington, Kensington at higher rate this week, these are outside the lockdown areas. Also, kids passing to other kids at school, ditto between teachers, 27 schools got the cleaning so far.

The good news is this is teaching me what the Melbourne suburbs are. I formerly knew 'Werribee off ramp, ring road, and CBD.'

What's the odds they extend to more suburbs early next week?

For the love of all that's holy, please isolate the regions Vic ALP - like done very well by WA ALP.
Kensington and Flemington

Interesting suburbs - parts of it are a huge ghetto with old houso apartments that look like they're workers accomodation from the USSR and the other side of the suburb Kensington is houses from the 1800s worth 7 figures.

There's a huge wealth disparity in Kensington across a few blocks.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2020, 09:45 PM   #3847
MercuryT
Banned

Interesting suburbs?

What's "interesting" about those Suburbs Franco? (unless on your Security guard gig you want ; )

Deadset it's horrible. I must have missed the interesting part the last 20 times......Kensington too.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #3848
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Anyone from Balmain NSW? The entire town is being asked to go and get tested, IF symptomatic.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/P...200702_02.aspx

Why only symptomatic? We know you don't have to have symptoms to be Covid positive.

Sit back and watch this take off in Balmain, and then Western Sydney. Like what is going on in NW Melbourne. NSW Health should act now and get mass testing happening in the area.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:03 PM   #3849
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Interesting suburbs?

What's "interesting" about those Suburbs Franco? (unless on your Security guard gig you want ; )

Deadset it's horrible. I must have missed the interesting part the last 20 times......Kensington too.
Huge disparity of wealth - not uncommon to see exotic cars around the Hardimans Hotel on Macaulay Rd, median house price is $1.1M, median weekly income is just under $2000/week which is about $500 higher than the VIC average.

On the Racecourse Rd side of it a short walk away its got the USSR houso complex with the car park full of yellow Falcons, Camrys and everything is graffitti'd and its such a ****hole.

https://hardimans.com.au/

Is worth a visit if anyone's in the area, food is great and reasonably priced and there's a good selection of beer on tap

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 03-07-2020 at 10:10 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2020, 10:12 PM   #3850
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Huge disparity of wealth - not uncommon to see exotic cars around the Hardimans Hotel on Macaulay Rd, median house price is $1.1M, median weekly income is just under $2000/week which is about $500 higher than the VIC average.

On the Racecourse Rd side of it a short walk away its got the USSR houso complex with the car park full of yellow Falcons, Camrys and everything is graffitti'd and its such a ****hole.
Fair enough as I'm only ever a visitor.

Used to beaches and massive views as normal, but driving through there........just so depressing. Hate it.

But being close to City of course has value especially to landlords.

Hobarts most expensive suburb is Battery Point.

Ironically it's boring as, but so close to City (so the poor can walk) landlords cram tenants in, and causes more trouble than outer very cool suburbs with views, beaches, tracks etc.

Last edited by MercuryT; 03-07-2020 at 10:18 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2020, 10:12 PM   #3851
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Please let us know the facts Dr Prydey.

Has there been any Covid-19 infections between students at schools?
you claimed we were told by the experts that kids weren't affected and that they couldn't pass it around, or words to that effect.

please post up those press releases if you can find them.

statistically, using global statistics, young people are featured less. no-one has ever said they are immune or can't transmit. it is a statistical fact that they 'appear' to be 'less' affected.

you can misconstrue that to suggest they are saying kids are immune so that you can then elevate yourself above the authorities that you like to act superior to, however it doesn't make you right.

like i said, facts and stories.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:28 PM   #3852
MercuryT
Banned

Franco.

From Kunanyi.

I'm on the other side, 10mins from city.......Hobart is not as good as Sydney waterside, but it's damn close.

Have a look one day mate!

2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 09:09 AM   #3853
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/02/h...udy/index.html

2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 09:27 AM   #3854
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Anyone from Balmain NSW? The entire town is being asked to go and get tested, IF symptomatic.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/P...200702_02.aspx

Why only symptomatic? We know you don't have to have symptoms to be Covid positive.

Sit back and watch this take off in Balmain, and then Western Sydney. Like what is going on in NW Melbourne. NSW Health should act now and get mass testing happening in the area.
Agree, I still think they are misleading us with these news stories regarding sources, come on not one person infected in all the capital cities due to the BLM protests. I reckon if they start doing tests in Sydney they will find quite a few.
Funny there was a case in the SBS building at Fed Square in Melb diagonally opposite Flinder St Station where there was another cluster from station staff. The focal point of the recent protests in Melb.
But Sydney is full of "fingers in the ears" crowd not listening brigade.

Maybe they should have quarantined all the cities seeing as this is where the fly ins went to, the majority of OS students are and where all the outrage protesters live.

3 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 09:42 AM   #3855
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Can only imagine the anger in the CNN office typing that article out
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 11:21 AM   #3856
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
I'm sorry but the question was asked as to what the gap was between outbreaks. I didn't think we were debating what the cause of those outbreaks was and by definition going from an absence of new cases to having new cases is a restart.
ok ...i thought an outbreak is something that is spreading?

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 04-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #3857
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Victorian Premier announces maximum participants of quarantine hotel orgies to be capped at 5 people and must include at least one security guard

https://doublebaytoday.com/victorias...m-of-5-people/
Old 04-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #3858
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

have you put your hand up Franco, for "research purposes"?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
4 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 12:03 PM   #3859
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

66 new cases for Australia (all in Victoria) and no deaths so CMR drops to 1.260% and active cases rise to 832 (10.1%). Some reclassification added 254 cases to the overall total.

No new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.438% and active cases remain at 18.

The UK recorded 576 new cases and 136 deaths yesterday so the CMR rises to 15.524%.

Just under 56k new cases in the USA yesterday and 687 deaths sees CMR down to 4.637 and active cases down to 53.3% but the raw numbers are rising and passed the 1.5M active case mark. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global new cases set a new high of 206,504, 8% above the prior peak;
Global case numbers pass 11M with the last million added in 6 days;
The UK completes 10M and the USA 36Mtests;
Africa records a new high for daily cases with 16,216;
Asia records a new high for daily cases with 53,601;
North America records a new high for daily cases with 67,459;

Uzbekistan (318),
Algeria (413), Nepal (740), Dominican Republic (951), Bolivia (1,301), Philippines (1,531),
Guatemala (2,282), Mexico (6,741), South Africa (9,063) and India (22,721) recorded new daily highs, those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 12:12 PM   #3860
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Uzbekistan (318), Algeria (413), Nepal (740), Dominican Republic (951), Bolivia (1,301), Philippines (1,531), Guatemala (2,282), Mexico (6,741), South Africa (9,063) and India (22,721)
You sure that is not just the breakdown of people from the Northern and Western suburbs of Melbourne Russell?
3 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 12:25 PM   #3861
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
You sure that is not just the breakdown of people from the Northern and Western suburbs of Melbourne Russell?
If that was true India would be 1,500,000 in the Western suburbs alone
5 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 12:28 PM   #3862
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
With respect you are just some guy on the internet trying to disagree with the architect of Sweden’s response....

How do you know when a government has stuffed up and they know it?

They call an enquiry to deflect criticism

Victorian government
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...nched/12414612

Sweden's government
https://www.dw.com/en/sweden-launche...mic/a-53651574
No respect required. I'm talking about facts not politics or opinions. What I have said is not an opinion.

The swedish government did what they did. Are you disputing that ?

They did it for the reasons they stated. Are you disputing that ?

It had the effect that has been measured and declared. Are you disputing that ?

The reasons for doing it were to address later outbreaks. Are you disputing that ?

The outbreaks haven't ended, or do you think the covid thing is over ?

The stuff you are talking about is opinion. I'm not offering opinions, I'm telling you the facts. It was all laid out in the origional written justification for the strategy. Just because a bunch of officials have "changed their minds" doesn't change the strategy nor it's origional intentions.

Consider an example removed from all this:

I suspect my drains are cracked and leaking. I dig a hole to check the pipes. I find some of my pipes and they aren't cracked. I regret digging the hole. I suspect my origional motivation. The hole still exists and I still don't know if the drains I haven't dug up are sound.

That is essentially the situation in Sweden. Changing your mind doesn't change reality.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #3863
Work Horse
Budget Racer

I have not offered an opinion, although I think a discussion of Sweden’s strategy would be interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post

The stuff you are talking about is opinion. I'm not offering opinions, I'm telling you the facts. It was all laid out in the origional written justification for the strategy. Just because a bunch of officials have "changed their minds" doesn't change the strategy nor it's origional intentions.
I was just quoting Anders Tegnell who was the author of the "original written justification for the strategy".

It is Anders Tegnell who claims Sweden got it wrong and too many of their people have died.

You are just some guy on the internet trying to disagree with the architect of Sweden’s response.

If you want to argue about the fact we don't know the future, then let’s agree you are correct...
Old 04-07-2020, 03:39 PM   #3864
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Victorian Premier announces maximum participants of quarantine hotel orgies to be capped at 5 people and must include at least one security guard

https://doublebaytoday.com/victorias...m-of-5-people/
How are you managing to get time to be here with all the applications you must be putting in?
3 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 03:46 PM   #3865
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Kensington and Flemington

Interesting suburbs - parts of it are a huge ghetto with old houso apartments that look like they're workers accomodation from the USSR and the other side of the suburb Kensington is houses from the 1800s worth 7 figures.

There's a huge wealth disparity in Kensington across a few blocks.
Thanks for the vignettes of these suburbs Franco. It sounds like what Mossie Park in Perth was in the 1990s - you had incredible mansions on the river and Peppermint Grove side to the east (beautiful!), then up against the highway/rail line/Curtin av you had these council style apartment blocks, Battle St was the highlight.

I was young and wanted to live cheap by the beach in a smaller block (beach is just over Curtin Av and railyards to the West) so there were car break-ins, coppers getting people out of the big apartments, coppers with loudspeakers, people screaming at night, drugs, weirdos. In the smaller block there were a total cast of characters as well, mostly good but certainly eccentric. Feel like a night out? Head up the Stirling Hwy to Claremont nightclub & pubs where the serial killer was in action...

It's probably all gentrified now?

Last edited by Sprintey; 04-07-2020 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:54 PM   #3866
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Franco.

From Kunanyi.

I'm on the other side, 10mins from city.......Hobart is not as good as Sydney waterside, but it's damn close.

Have a look one day mate!

Mercury T - absolutely loved Hobart when down there working. We stayed on east side which seemed more down to earth. Whole area is amazing, I had to work a lot of the radio towers on the mountains overlooking bits of it. New Year in the harbour with all the 100ft supermaxis in after the Sydney to Hobart goes off! Went and climbed Mt Hartz on a weekend off. There's some surf on the east side as well, cold but it satisfied the urge! My fav bits were the far NW coast, and the NE coast as well with all the orange lichen on the rocks.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:07 PM   #3867
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
How are you managing to get time to be here with all the applications you must be putting in?
I spend a lot of time in 'the office'
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #3868
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Mercury T - absolutely loved Hobart when down there working. We stayed on east side which seemed more down to earth. Whole area is amazing, I had to work a lot of the radio towers on the mountains overlooking bits of it. New Year in the harbour with all the 100ft supermaxis in after the Sydney to Hobart goes off! Went and climbed Mt Hartz on a weekend off. There's some surf on the east side as well, cold but it satisfied the urge! My fav bits were the far NW coast, and the NE coast as well with all the orange lichen on the rocks.
Great to hear you enjoyed it. Where are you? (for some reason I thought you were Tassie too)

East has better views, weather and lifestyle than West for sure.

Yeah right, working outdoors you would have been able to experience heaps (so long as Southerly bite (wind) doesn't get you!)

Yep plenty of surf if brave the water and further East (Clifton, Carlton etc) has better again.

NY, Taste of Tassie and Sydney/Hobart is a great time of the year!!

Far NW very beautiful and quiet (even though whole place is quiet really outside festivals etc. Bay of Fires on East with the rocks you mention is spectacular - walked over and through many times.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:20 PM   #3869
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
I spend a lot of time in 'the office'
That's the most disgusting form of multi-tasking, and probably most difficult. Bravo.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:21 PM   #3870
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Thanks for the vignettes of these suburbs Franco. It sounds like what Mossie Park in Perth was in the 1990s - you had incredible mansions on the river and Peppermint Grove side to the east (beautiful!), then up against the highway/rail line/Curtin av you had these council style apartment blocks, Battle St was the highlight.

I was young and wanted to live cheap by the beach in a smaller block (beach is just over Curtin Av and railyards to the West) so there were car break-ins, coppers getting people out of the big apartments, coppers with loudspeakers, people screaming at night, drugs, weirdos. In the smaller block there were a total cast of characters as well, mostly good but certainly eccentric. Feel like a night out? Head up the Stirling Hwy to Claremont nightclub & pubs where the serial killer was in action...

It's probably all gentrified now?
USSR Houso Towers in Kensington have been locked down, they are not allowed to leave their houses for 5 days.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/coronav...6d0bf76678977c

108 new cases in Victoria

Postcodes 3031 and 3051 now being locked down.

3145 public housing units, 3000 residents, 3031 Flemington/Kensington.

North Melbourne USSR Houso towers also locked down.

If anyone's interested you can see these towers when heading towards the city or the airport on the Tullamarine Freeway/Bolte Bridge.

They're freakin ugly as a hat full of assholes.

I'm interested to see how the wealthy react to being effected by this lockdown in 3031 Kensington/Flemington.

Put my resume in to do my bit participating in COVID19 orgies, play cards, take people on shopping trips and maybe some uber driving

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 04-07-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Closed Thread