Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
RAPID_BA
Banned

Default Why dont women own up voluntarily when they bump the car?

I walk out to go to work today and notice a big black scuff mark on the rear bar of the aurion about a foot wide. I look at it closer and notice some paint was cracked as well.

Its a company car and the mrs had used it over the weekend. I called her up this morning after id left for work and asked, anything happen with the car over the weekend? Then she says oh yeah i was gonna let you know i accidently bumped it in the car park, my next question? So why didnt you let me know, i thought you would get angry etc etc, so did you just think id miss it? Its obvious.

Then my sister, i bought my dad new tyres and rims for his car which my sister mostly drives (85%) and my dad parks nowhere.

I was washing the car for him and notice the rims i bought were all scrubbed courtesy of a gutter. I asked my sister how it happened and she says they were like that, i said wait a minute i didnt buy them brand new like that? My dad never parks it anywhere and my sister leaves it everywhere. I kept on it and she just wouldnt admit fault.

When has your mrs failed to volunteer a carpark bingle?

Old 07-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i take it she done a runner from the scene of the crime also.....
Old 07-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I actually saw someone hit one of my cars. I ran over and asked what they were going to do about it and they denied outright they had done it.
They then got agro sating my word against theirs but sort of pulled their head in when I pointed out the several other witnesses including 2 coppers parked accross the road.

P.S. driver was not female....
Old 07-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I think in some cases it’s more the driver of the vehicle and the car in question…I know some people who’d fly off the handle if their missus damaged their car…

I think even my missus would be hesitant to tell me if she damaged the XR in anyway

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Oh Yes...ALL women do this! Stereo type much?

I have pranged the rear qtr on the coupe before..owned up straight away. I guess it depends on the people involved and how honest you want to be.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I've seen a lot of women do idiotic stuff on the road, and the top 3 things they do when people honk at them are:
Wave one or both hands in the air in a "who the F are you, honking at me?" gesture,
Stare straight ahead and refuse to acknowledge you, and
The good ol' middle finger.

Now I must say that many of the women I know are better drivers than many guys I know. BUT, I also know some women whom I wouldn't trust with a ride-on mower, and it's these ones that think they're great drivers and that all other cars are mere obstacles.
But then, that applies to many male drivers as well.
I guess it comes down to how people deal with adversity?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 07-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

LOL..bad thread title much?

My wife grazed a POS in a car park the other month, the other car was some multi coloured buzz box wreck....she still left her number and details and we went through insurance.

I dont mind a good sterotype now and then, but your off the mark on this one champ.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 07-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
TZENU
XY Driv3r

My Mrs tells me that I drive my XY like her grandmother drives.. I tell her she can't park to save her life....

Yep we get on like a house on fire!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
RAPID_BA
Banned

Im not saying women are bad drivers, im saying they have a tendency to sweep a minor car park bingle under the carpet. You gotta catch em or they will deny it.

Just a few weeks ago in the same car someone opened their door on it whilst i was sitting in it. After he tried to absolve him from the situation i had to throttle him for a while and throw him on the ground.

My mrs did 10 times the damage to it and wants me to spoon her when she goes to sleep?

I called her up today and asked if she hit anything yet?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #10
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Go for it...Dr Phil approves.

• 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 07-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #11
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
Im not saying women are bad drivers, im saying they have a tendency to sweep a minor car park bingle under the carpet. You gotta catch em or they will deny it.

Just a few weeks ago in the same car someone opened their door on it whilst i was sitting in it. After he tried to absolve him from the situation i had to throttle him for a while and throw him on the ground.

My mrs did 10 times the damage to it and wants me to spoon her when she goes to sleep?

I called her up today and asked if she hit anything yet?
what's this got to do with the price of rice in china?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #12
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
what's this got to do with the price of rice in china?
Im saying she dont think its a big deal to bump the car. Doesnt even tell me until i ask about why the rear bar is scuffed.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #13
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance

2022 Hyundai Tucson Highlander N Line Diesel AWD
Closed Thread