Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Should Elderly people be made to do routine licence tests?
Yes 134 84.28%
No 25 15.72%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #271
Wally
XP Coupe

Odd that Australian Pensioner's Insurance tout they have lower premiums for over fifties because they don't insure the high risk groups (under 50s).

Part of having the privilege of a licence is to drive defensively and be aware of the dangers around you. If you treat every driver like he's a 75 yearold fossil, there should be no reason to put yourself in danger.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #272
FORD5

We must give the old people respect. as they shaped australia into the shape it is today, i agree they do need to also be a safe driver, but i think i would prefer to get hit by an old person doing 40-50, then an P-plater doing burnouts and all that doing over 100! an old person may dent your car, but a P-plater could claim your life with there turbos and grunting v8's so just stop and think about that. what harm is it an 80-90 yr old driving there little ford festiva down to the shops every couple of days to get there bread milk and the paper we need to respect them BTW i voted NO!
FORD5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #273
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR6
Your a bit of knob aren't you?

Who said anything about a law suit?

Quit making assumptions.
LOL. Am I?

I'm not making assumptions. I'm suggesting that you clearly have evidence that Insurance companies are discriminating based on age, sex and class. So why wouldn't you start a civil suit and win more money than Powerball?! Quickly, before someone else steals the idea.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post