Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-07-2005, 02:49 PM   #271
XRchic
Hello

I also would like to add something on the physical appearance issue. A girl or fella who has a good heart and values a person for who they are WILL NOT CARE what you look like. If they DO care what you look like, then they obviously value your appearance more than your substance and are therefore NOT THE PERSON for you.

Unfortunately, these days, a lot of people are affected by peoples appearance and often it is possible to love someones personality but also have concerns about the way they look. Often it is nothing to do with their own tastes and opinions re your physical appearance but often it is more about them being worried what other people will think. Like, a fella who loves you dearly for who you are, but is embarrassed to take you out with his new work mates because he thinks they will think less of him for being with you.

I am a large chic - size 18ish, but tallish as well (5 foot 10 ish). Im not overly pretty but Im not a bushpig either. But my fella (who is 13 years younger than me and HOT! I might add), loves me for who I am, regardless of how I look. He treats me like his princess and makes me feel better about myself. It took me a long time to find him, but they are out there, trust me! Someone will come along and see SOMETHING in you that others have missed, and they will see something they want. Just be patient and wait - it happens when you least expect it.

I have a mate at work. He is married. But he has girls all over him at work. He is rather unnattractive. However, he has the most awesome personality you could ever have in a guy. Perfect! He is funny, kind, smart, really considerate etc etc. And because of that, he appears as attractive to women around him - they LOVE him! His wife adores him. His personality just makes his looks NOT an issue at all, in fact, it makes him seem adorable!

On the other hand, there was another guy at work and he was a stunner. Model material. But he treated his wife so badly she left him and took their kids. He treats females badly at work, he is a sexist and arrogant nasty pig. So he comes across as unnattractive. Physically, he just does not look nice to me, I find him repulsive.

I really do think that personality can really affect how someone appears to other people, regardless of their actual physical features. There are just some people who are not attractive at ALL in the phyiscal sense but something ELSE about them makes them seem so appealing nonetheless... look at a lot of movie stars who often are not that attractive but always have a guy or girl anyway!

Dont give up, just keep being a nice bloke, be yourself, dont go changing because other people expect or want you to and you will find that someone will love you for who you are, as an overall package, not just a body or face.

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 03:27 PM   #272
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Couldn't have said it any better Jac!

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 03:48 PM   #273
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well said Jacquelinee

*Perana goes off looking for a BUCKET (tm)

Being an Only Child my parents are quite protective of me but to a certain extent I can do what I like which is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
Pretty crappy you got blasted for getting back at 7 am. I stumbled into my Oma's place at 8 that morning :nutsycuck I have pretty much always been able to do what I like, because I'm a good boy :
After new years I got back on about the 13th lol

Old 13-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #274
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
I'll let you have friends over! (as long as they are female and hot) lol :voldar02:
Well that rules out the 2 I have left.
Quote:
I'm a good boy :
A VERY good boy :voldar02: :
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 06:06 PM   #275
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perana XR8
After new years I got back on about the 13th lol

Hahaha, awesome!
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 06:11 PM   #276
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its tough
Being an oldie here, I have a 3 teenagers
eldest is 18
Now the question is
Ok I dont like it that his girlfriend tays over at times, but I am not naive enough to know, that if we didnt allow it, that they wont sleep together
Its a very hard decision being a parent, but hey, hes 18, hes old enough to vote. We get on well, and part of that is being able to be honest with one another.
That said, its not a hotel, and if he was bringing home a different girl everynight, I know i would have something to say
Ok , who here wants to be a parent?

Fairmont99, do i detect that you have either dutch or german blood in you?
TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #277
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS50
Fairmont99, do i detect that you have either dutch or german blood in you?
He is of Dutch descent. And yes, he wants kids. :
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

Old 13-07-2005, 06:18 PM   #278
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
He is of Dutch descent. And yes, he wants kids. :
go the dutchies
hahaha
my parents moved here in 1954 from the land of clogs, that means i was born here, so i am not THAT OLD
TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 06:19 PM   #279
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Yep. Never allowed to sleepovers, not allowed out past 1am. (FFS, I'm 22!!)
I was out basically all night for NYE. Got home about 7am. Got BLASTED for it.
That was after the 4 phone calls during the night asking where I was and when I was coming home.
Plus trying to tell my mum and dad that their "little girl" wants to move states to be with her man isn't really working so far. :
That sucks. I started running my own life at about 16 when I realized noone else was qualified to do the job properly. At 22 I was already married with a daughter and living in another country. Time to put your foot down and take charge of your own life.

Go out. Make mistakes. Make good choices. Make bad choices. Make mess. Go live your life, its over far too quick, and our screwups often form us into better people in the end.

Besides, the sooner you get over to Fairmont99, the sooner he will stop driving into trees and such while he is driving along thinking of you in a school girl outfit.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 06:22 PM   #280
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Besides, the sooner you get over to Fairmont99, the sooner he will stop driving into trees and such while he is driving along thinking of you in a school girl outfit.
: : : Though I really shouldn't laugh.

Old 13-07-2005, 06:39 PM   #281
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
I also would like to add something on the physical appearance issue. A girl or fella who has a good heart and values a person for who they are WILL NOT CARE what you look like. If they DO care what you look like, then they obviously value your appearance more than your substance and are therefore NOT THE PERSON for you.

Unfortunately, these days, a lot of people are affected by peoples appearance and often it is possible to love someones personality but also have concerns about the way they look. Often it is nothing to do with their own tastes and opinions re your physical appearance but often it is more about them being worried what other people will think. Like, a fella who loves you dearly for who you are, but is embarrassed to take you out with his new work mates because he thinks they will think less of him for being with you.

I am a large chic - size 18ish, but tallish as well (5 foot 10 ish). Im not overly pretty but Im not a bushpig either. But my fella (who is 13 years younger than me and HOT! I might add), loves me for who I am, regardless of how I look. He treats me like his princess and makes me feel better about myself. It took me a long time to find him, but they are out there, trust me! Someone will come along and see SOMETHING in you that others have missed, and they will see something they want. Just be patient and wait - it happens when you least expect it.

I have a mate at work. He is married. But he has girls all over him at work. He is rather unnattractive. However, he has the most awesome personality you could ever have in a guy. Perfect! He is funny, kind, smart, really considerate etc etc. And because of that, he appears as attractive to women around him - they LOVE him! His wife adores him. His personality just makes his looks NOT an issue at all, in fact, it makes him seem adorable!

On the other hand, there was another guy at work and he was a stunner. Model material. But he treated his wife so badly she left him and took their kids. He treats females badly at work, he is a sexist and arrogant nasty pig. So he comes across as unnattractive. Physically, he just does not look nice to me, I find him repulsive.

I really do think that personality can really affect how someone appears to other people, regardless of their actual physical features. There are just some people who are not attractive at ALL in the phyiscal sense but something ELSE about them makes them seem so appealing nonetheless... look at a lot of movie stars who often are not that attractive but always have a guy or girl anyway!

Dont give up, just keep being a nice bloke, be yourself, dont go changing because other people expect or want you to and you will find that someone will love you for who you are, as an overall package, not just a body or face.

Jac
That's really well said!!

However that's not to say you shouldn't compliment people on the way they look though... i feel so good when my fella says that i'm looking hot (IMO i am not hot at all!!)

Looks are definately majorly influenced and overtaken by the way you feel about someone's personality though! And so they SHOULD be!!

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 08:18 PM   #282
EB_5.0_WAGON
Formerly known as NUDGE

Regarding restrictive parents from my perspective.

My folks split up when i was about 10 yrs old and i went with my dad.
He let me do basically anything within reason on weekends until i finished school as long as he knew whether i would be home or not.
I stayed living with him until he passed away when i was 21. I wished( obviously) that he was still around but i got basically thrown in at the deep end with supporting myself.
If you are still living with your parents make the most of it cause one day they will be gone and there is nothing you can do to prepare yourself for it.

Also in regards to teenagers when i started seeing one chick she was 16 and i was 20 and her parents decided i could stay at her place cause they knew where we were and knew we would be safer in her bed than the back seat of my car.

About looks i agree with xrchic in that looks are definately not the most important thing about females. to me personally its whats inside that counts. I have been out with both very slim chicks and slightly larger chicks and to be totally honest i prefered the slightly larger ones because they generally had a MUCH nicer personallity and werent getting gawked at by everything with a lump in his pants. (not to say the slightly larger ones werent getting looks as well)
2004 Toyota Prado GXL
EB_5.0_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 12:01 AM   #283
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gees, well, i am guessing by that overwhelming response that personality is much more important than looks!!
i kinda knew that it had to do with being comfortable with myself. i am not the one who cares about what i look like. i mean, i do like to be neat, and i like to dress well, but thats mostly to make myself feel good. but its just that i have never really been noticed. i just seem to blend in, so i try and make up for it by being outgoing, and i just never seems to come out right.
i think i will take everyones advice and just be myself, and if it happens, then thats great, if not, well, so be it i guess.
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 12:12 PM   #284
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BargeEA
i think i will take everyones advice and just be myself, and if it happens, then thats great, if not, well, so be it i guess.
it will _2:

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 12:16 PM   #285
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BargeEA
That's the best attitude you could possibly have.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 12:35 PM   #286
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
: : : Though I really shouldn't laugh.
:(

mmm school girl outfit :
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 06:01 PM   #287
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
:(

mmm school girl outfit :
My school uniform was a long grey kilt. Still appealing? sleep:

Old 14-07-2005, 08:44 PM   #288
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
My school uniform was a long grey kilt. Still appealing? sleep:
I'll look at a pic :king: :
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post