Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-04-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 
Default Drink and reckless drivers in Thailand sent to work in the morgue

What do you think of this idea for Australia? I think some offenders here are already forced to go the hospital to talk to people who have been in car accidents, but the morgue might be quite a deterrent.

From this page:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...1b6aefa9087585

Quote:
DRUNK AND RECKLESS DRIVERS SENT TO WORK IN MORGUES
With thousands on the roads during the festivities, many of the deaths and injuries are caused by drunk and reckless drivers, so authorities have decided to go gory. Yesterday they announced that traffic offenders will by sent to work in hospital morgues to see the results of their irresponsible acts.

Casual attitudes toward road safety give Thailand the second worst record in the world for traffic fatalities, with health and safety experts fearing things are just getting worse.

“Traffic offenders who are found guilty by courts will be sent to do public service work at morgues in hospitals,” Police Colonel Kriangdej Jantarawong said.

“It is a strategy used to make traffic offenders afraid of driving recklessly and driving while they are drunk because they could end up in the same condition. It is aimed to be a deterrent, a way to discourage people.”

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #2
Falcman0o7
Banned

Default Re: Drink and reckless drivers in Thailand sent to work in the morgue

Maybe it would turn some into serial killers as they may enjoy playing with dead bodies
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2016, 11:34 PM   #3
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Should use dangerous drivers as crash test dummies, or put them into 'crash' simulators to experience a bad crash first hand .
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2016, 01:52 PM   #4
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as much as I'm anti reckless and drunk driving (refer my previous posts that I got called Buzz kildren or some crap) but I don't think it would be a wise thing

I had the **** scared in to me by a cop who spoke to my dad about me driving like a dick I also was a member of the RFS and that brigade did a number of MVA's and I tell you some of the **** I saw as 17 year old wasn't so great. I can see if it were done here there would be numerous claims for emotional destress and PTSD as a result

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #5
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Considering I think drink driving is one of the most selfish things you can do, then sure, why not.

Clearly constantly telling people that they could kill someone has no effect (since people are still stupid enough to do it) so why not try something else.