Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 03-01-2020, 11:13 PM   #1
Ford guru
Starter Motor

Default Fuel pump issues mondeo MA petrol 2.3 Duratec

2nd ford fuel pump for MA mondeo Duratec He 2.3 seems there is a known fault with these pumps for poor connection at pump module for poor quality metal conmector shorts out wire as well. Dont buy these pumps ford shouldnt be selling them i rang up reported this issue and they just made a note about it. Not good enough. I buy fuel miser brand from repco much better pump.
Ford guru is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2020, 09:12 AM   #2
toyota lexcen

Default Re: Fuel pump issues mondeo MA petrol 2.3 Duratec

The loom is not the problem, after doing 2 pumps the loom is in perfect condition.

Having the fuel filter inside the pump is the fault I believe. As the filter becomes more clogged the pump motor works harder and stuffs itself eventually. So motor or filter not adequate.

The Fuelmiser looks just like the unit I purchased, got 60,000kms from it. I doubt there would be different manufacturers making these fuel pumps.

Basically you are dropping the tank to change your fuel filter, pathetic.
toyota lexcen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2020, 09:24 AM   #3
Ford guru
Starter Motor

Yes you are right it big job have to drop fuel tank with Toyota and some fords access under rear seat lid this is standard on every Toyota. I found not blocked filter in this situation but your right in a way for this pump shorted out the pins are rusting and shorting out. Some seller on ebay offer original pump with new connector. Pumps from ford appear to be made by VDO but been bought out by continental AG
Ford guru is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-01-2020, 11:27 AM   #4
toyota lexcen

the one i just changed the pins on the pump assembly look pretty good.

the original Ford one you could see the carbon on it

the fuel filter catches crap out of the fuel, the electric motor has to work harder and harder to get the fuel to the motor

thats my thoughts anyway, its about a $1000 job at dealer, if you get stranded and need a tow the $ add up. Then it becomes pretty disappointing.
toyota lexcen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post