Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-02-2020, 01:46 AM   #61
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 10 Year Warranty for Kia, it Could Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
Good thing i was stating facts
And again, no, you weren't.
You claimed that Korean Cars were equal to and bettering Europeans.
That is so stupid as to be almost funny.

Nobody is denying that they have improved, and probably closed the gap. But that doesn't justify making ridiculous sweeping statements like that.

Even the cheaper Euros like Peugeot are miles ahead, to say nothing BMW, Audi, etc.

Quote:
as the teirs for Kia and Hyundai products are basically at the same

The Senior Executives at Hyundai have straight out said that Kias are in general aimed at the "more budget conscious" buyer.
I suggest you take your argument up with them.

Quote:
at the same price point
And?
If you consider the cost of transport, stamp duty, and onroads, its hardly surprising that the relative gap is narrowed by the time the cars are delivered in Australia. In fact I have often wondered why they bother, and don't just consolidate and brand everything as one or the other for our Market.
But it doesn't change Hyundai's intent.

Last edited by GasoLane; 09-02-2020 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Not needed
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2020, 09:54 AM   #62
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post

Nobody is denying that they have improved, and probably closed the gap. But that doesn't justify making ridiculous sweeping statements like that.

Even the cheaper Euros like Peugeot are miles ahead, to say nothing BMW, Audi, etc.

The Senior Executives at Hyundai have straight out said that Kias are in general aimed at the "more budget conscious" buyer.

And?
If you consider the cost of transport, stamp duty, and onroads, its hardly surprising that the relative gap is narrowed by the time the cars are delivered in Australia. In fact I have often wondered why they bother, and don't just consolidate and brand everything as one or the other for our Market.

Have you driven a Hyundai from today? I30, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson?

A clean car brings a clean mind
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-02-2020, 10:10 AM   #63
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:

And?
Thanks for your input. Not really interested in repeating the facts I've already gone over though, so have fun.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2020, 12:52 PM   #64
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do I want a Kia or Hyundai? No.

Because I want something else.

Does this mean I have rocks in my head given the value proposition they have? Absolutely.

Can’t really go past a 7 year warranty fixed price servicing if all you’re after is an appliance on wheels.

To those who have gone to the dealer with an issue, it’s been fixed right? No arguments, no they all do that, it’s within tolerance bullshot.

So why would you go buy something in which the after sales service is going to be poor

TBH they’re playing a long game and it’ll pay off for them too
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2020, 02:46 PM   #65
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2fairmont View Post

Does this mean I have rocks in my head given the value proposition they have? Absolutely.

Can’t really go past a 7 year warranty fixed price servicing if all you’re after is an appliance on wheels.

To those who have gone to the dealer with an issue, it’s been fixed right? No arguments, no they all do that, it’s within tolerance bullshot.

So why would you go buy something in which the after sales service is going to be poor

Never had an issue with getting work done. One dealer fixed a small rattle with no hesitation, unheard of with a lot of other brands. We had what I believe was simply a low battery in the transponder key for the remote entry, but one dealer swapped the entire door handle to be sure. Service has been awesome for Kia and Hyundai. Whereas with Ford it's a sense of dread as I know the standard rubbish replies I'll get. Etheridge has always been good t9 me though.

Kia and Hyundai to me don't make cars that give me that emotional connection, but they make some fantastic daily cars with heaps of features, for our purposes at least. Having said that I haven't driven the N or the Stinger GT yet.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2020, 02:54 PM   #66
MercuryT
Banned

Actually saw a Stinger yesterday.

Not a fan of colour as it was grey and looked a bit flat (just imho) but it's a great looking car whether Kia or whatever.

Who cares what badge a car has, it's how good a car is and ownership experience that's important.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2020, 03:13 PM   #67
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2fairmont View Post

I agree Kia and Hyundai do not make the best drivers cars. There are better cars out there for feel and emotion.

However I have to completely disagree with poor after sales service. I have my own personal Hyundai i30 which recently I found a paint imperfection in a door. It was approved, fixed and serviced with a free loan car absolutely no questions asked.
3 other Hyundai’s for work never have had any major issues but minor warranty things (like a sticky button) fixed no questions asked.

Ford on the other hand make great cars, some of which really stir up emotions. However I have had horrible experiences with them for after sales care. The most basic issues (like a blocked air filter and throttle body)) was completely too much for them and I was sent away because “the computer said everything was fine”.

2 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2020, 04:06 PM   #68
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
I agree Kia and Hyundai do not make the best drivers cars. There are better cars out there for feel and emotion.

However I have to completely disagree with poor after sales service. I have my own personal Hyundai i30 which recently I found a paint imperfection in a door. It was approved, fixed and serviced with a free loan car absolutely no questions asked.
3 other Hyundai’s for work never have had any major issues but minor warranty things (like a sticky button) fixed no questions asked.

Ford on the other hand make great cars, some of which really stir up emotions. However I have had horrible experiences with them for after sales care. The most basic issues (like a blocked air filter and throttle body)) was completely too much for them and I was sent away because “the computer said everything was fine”.
I think you've misread what was being said, he wasn't questioning Hyundai or Kia's after sale service, he's asking why you'd bother buying elsewhere when that's what many say they get.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2020, 05:26 PM   #69
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If I didn't know before that you were taking the pi$$, I certainly do now mate!

Are you seriously putting up the Audi brand as a paragon of build quality and reliability?

We have two Hyundais, an i30 with 192000 kms and a Santa Fe with 50000 km. Both bought new and both yet to let us down.

I'd love to introduce you to our friend and neighbour who bought an Audi Q5 brand new about two years ago. Provided it hadn't broken down again, that thing should by now be able to load itself onto a tilt tray and head back to the dealer. An $80,000 unreliable heap of poop. You couldn't give me one of those damn things!

I'm a life-long motorcycle enthusiast, so if I want excitement I hop on one of them. With cars, I simply want them to be comfortable, reliable and give me a good return on my investment.

The big H gives me that in spades.
ozpacman is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2020, 05:47 PM   #70
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any person who honestly believes that any of the current crop of Eurotrash (Audi, VW, BMW, Skoda, Peugeot, Citroen) is somehow superior to most Jap/Korean stuff (Toyota, Mazda, Kia, Hyundai) is seriously delusional.

Eurotrash sells purely because of badge snobbery.

This comes from 50 years personal experience in the auto industry in sales, service & spare parts.

Dr Terry
Dr Terry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2020, 06:13 PM   #71
MercuryT
Banned

This thread is complete rubbish.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:23 PM   #72
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Quote:
Good thing i was stating facts, and not asking your opinion - that's where you must have been confused. Having owned 24 cars this century alone, a lot of which being new, i'm pretty familiar with what makes a good car. Having also owned a new Rio SLS back in the day and currently an i30 SR Premium as as daily, i'm also pretty familiar with their quality and how it compares to other cars in the class, including Golf. You may want to research who makes up the team at Kia and Hyundai. Of course they're cheap cars, that IS their market segment, aside from Stinger and Genesis. However again you're incorrect, as the teirs for Kia and Hyundai products are basically at the same price point and have several differences in their design and feature list.

As far as quality goes, The two Korean cars we've owned run rings around both my Mustangs, and any Falcon i've owned in terms of build quality, features, AND reliability.

Anyway thanks for your hilarious arrogance and god complex
Good for you...

People believe what they want too...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2020, 06:35 PM   #73
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

OK guys, it is time for everyone to take a deep breath...

Contrary to what many may believe on this forum I hate closing threads but if we are all going to keep having a go at each other I may not have any other choice.

Everyone, please play nice.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2020, 06:45 PM   #74
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Mitsubishi got rid of their 10 year warranty because they found it was pointless. People generally dont keep their cars that long so not many used it.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2020, 07:12 PM   #75
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
Mitsubishi got rid of their 10 year warranty because they found it was pointless. People generally dont keep their cars that long so not many used it.

Incorrect.

Mitsubishi struggled as their cars are rubbish and incredibly boring.

Kia a far better brand and their warranty helps sell cars.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:04 PM   #76
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Incorrect.

Mitsubishi struggled as their cars are rubbish and incredibly boring.

Kia a far better brand and their warranty helps sell cars.
I'm not talking about their sales. Barely anyone was claiming with the 10 year warranty as they sold them before it reached that point so they decided to get rid of it. The drivetrains were easily reliable enough to last 160,000 km
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2020, 10:04 PM   #77
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
I'm not talking about their sales. Barely anyone was claiming with the 10 year warranty as they sold them before it reached that point so they decided to get rid of it. The drivetrains were easily reliable enough to last 160,000 km
I'm confused.

What point are you making?

That Mitsubishi is rubbish and a shocking brand?

Mitsubishi crap compared to Kia nice cars is not worth a discussion.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:42 PM   #78
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashie View Post
Stinger styling might not be to everyones taste but I can't believe the attention mine gets, I don't think I've owned another car that gets this much praise (the Mustang would be a close second).
I just think once Hyundai and Kia bring out a twin cab and a proper 4WD they will power up the sales charts.
Mate you brought the wrong Mustang then, the stinger is a good car but styling wise spare me..
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2020, 10:49 PM   #79
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Mate you brought the wrong Mustang then, the stinger is a good car but styling wise spare me..
Harsh call.

Mustangs look crap too if wrong colour also (a white with blue stripes in Hobart looks horrible)
Old 09-02-2020, 11:14 PM   #80
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 09-02-2020, 11:15 PM   #81
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rest my case. you need to get out more

Last edited by five 7; 09-02-2020 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:41 PM   #82
MercuryT
Banned

I guess not directed at me but that Mustang looks very ordinary.

Bland.

Red or black yep
Old 09-02-2020, 11:53 PM   #83
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
I guess not directed at me but that Mustang looks very ordinary.

Bland.

Red or black yep
All good mate you live the stinger dream, nice avitar and yep it was at you..

Last edited by five 7; 09-02-2020 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:01 AM   #84
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
All good mate you live the stinger dream, nice avitar
What?

I don't have a Stinger or Mustang.

But ridiculing the Kia to promote the Ford seems very silly to me. Especially off a poor colour you posted.

Both great cars.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:15 AM   #85
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

This thread certainly got some reactions.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:16 AM   #86
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

like i said all good, we are here for the cars take care.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:57 AM   #87
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[DELETED]

A 10 year warranty would help Kia (not that they need it seeing as they are one of not many manufacturers who have increased sales over the last year). Would make Kia’s an even better second hand or long term proposition. I know my mind is more at ease in any car with a warranty.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by PG2; 10-02-2020 at 07:23 AM.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:27 AM   #88
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Now we are having a go at each other with completely off-topic posts.

Last chance guys before the thread is locked and/or official warnings are given.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2020, 09:21 AM   #89
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
In fact I have often wondered why they bother, and don't just consolidate and brand everything as one or the other for our Market.
That would be because they are seperate companies I’d say Dazz.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2020, 09:21 AM   #90
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
I’m only quoting my first hand experience, but what would I know.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: