Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
tyson.

Default xa gt phase 4

i dunno if this has been mentioned on here anywhere but i was reading up on it in street fords

they mention the car has been restored and have a picture of it in lime green now why if its the only phase 4 xa gt ho wouldnt u paint it in the original color? to me its just stupid its not original anymore and its the only one out there

Early in 1972 Ford released the XA Falcon with the GT in sedan and hardtop versions. The hardtop being preferred for racing as its bulging rear flanks accommodated wider tyres. Ford built 1868 sedans from January 1972 to September 1973 and 891 hardtops between July 1972 and September 1973.

The XA GT was designed for wider appeal with its less aggressive look and better creature comforts. The XA GTHO Phase IV is the best remembered model that never was.

Three prototypes were built at Ford's "Lot 6" race workshop, and one production model made it down the Broadmeadows assembly line before the "Supercar" furore stopped production.

The only production phase 4 GTHO sedan came down the line in 1973 and was Calypso green, and prior to that 3 T code XA GT sedans were built as racing prototypes GTHO's in Brambles red.

The Phase IV was to have had 340bhp (255kW) and around 400 ft/lbs of torque and a reported top speed of around 150mph (240kmh). The 'normal' GT continued in production and while many race teams made do with their Phase 3 XY's.

The XA GT won at Bathurst in 1973 with Moffat and Ian Geoghegan in the hardtop version, and in 1974 John Goss and Kevin Bartlett in an XA GT Hardtop won the first really wet Bathurst 1000 enduro.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
MAV50L
Banned

Whats your point? All old news.
The car is now painted in the correct colour Calypso Green , so it is about as original as it gets.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson.
i dunno if this has been mentioned on here anywhere but i was reading up on it in street fords
You do not think the Holy Grail write up has been mentioned in the worship place of Fords ?

Try here:

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11284486
Closed Thread