Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-02-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Default Footwell lighting

Hey guys,

I'm looking at installing some front footwell lights into my 07 CL focus. Just wondering whether you guys could give me some pointers. eg, where to tap power from, the best place to install them, types of globes, etc.

I really want them to come on and off with the overhead light, so it goes off when the doors are shut.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Regan

RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
BlackLS
yum

For the LS, its probably easiest to run some LED strips under the dash, and to run some wire from "door" +ve cable from the roof dome light down to the footwells. -ve, just earth to chassis.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 12:29 AM   #3
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

don't the xr5's have them factory??

It may be worthwhile rooting around in the wiring loom under the dash to see if the bulb holders are there.
They are in the LR's. you just free them from the insulation tape, stick a bulb in them and put them in the mount (which was already there too) and you're in business. Would be a perfect power source for any alternate lights (neons or led strips) because it's already part of the interior light circuit.
Might be different in the newer cars tho.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #4
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Yeah the XR5's have the bulb holders and wiring standard. Just a matter of plugging in a bulb and off you go! Too bad I don't have an XR5!

I've rummaged around under the dash and couldn't find any bulb holders under there, which I was extremely disappointed about. Probably Ford just cutting some more costs

So now I'm in the process of figuring out the easiest and cheapest way of doing it
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #5
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

yeh, the xr5's are a very different car so i've heard.

shame tho, saves you pulling so much of your car apart to get to the interior light circuit.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #6
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

I purchased a genuine LS Focus interior light on ebay (as per the front) for mine, but have been too lazy/busy to put it in...am going to cut a hole in the rear above the middle seat to make it look as factory as possible.

Cost me about $40 or so, from a UK wrecker.
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #7
BlackLS
yum

The CLs and LXs don't have the footwell light looms, although im happy to be proven wrong. I looked long and hard tho :(

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #8
zetec
Zoom Zoom

LR models have them all the way down to CL, I fitted bulbs into Eddie's LX on the weekend.

LS only on XR5's as they have European wiring, it's a higher-series wiring.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

As Zetec has indicated, he very kindly dropped in over the weekend to install Front Footwell lighting to my '03 LR LX. It did take a little effort and we did pilfer the boot lense which I will have to replace at some stage but I can only say that I'm very impressed with the outcome.

Many thanks to Zetec!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post