Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
crwr
Starter Motor

Default reverse lights

I just purchased a 2007 LT focus CL and had it pointed out in a car park that there is only one reverse light on the passengers side... the other side appears to be a fog light... is this normal (and safe)????

crwr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #2
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes it's standard.

If there were a clear cover for the RHS I would rewire mine as I dont ever use d1ckhead lights.
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #3
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

like 'more revs said', its for the euro cars more (VW, Renault yadayada...) one reverse light and one rear fog....
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #4
RJO89
EuroFordClub

You can get a clear cover for the RHS from www.european-parts.net. As they are all LHD, the reverse and rear fog lights are on opposite sides to us, so just buy the cover and replace the rear fog light cover. Admittedly, the light won't come on when the car is in reverse, but it helps to add to the symmetry of the car, and personally, I think the two reverse lights look great, rather than one reverse and one fog light. Now just to find out how to wire it up :

The link for it is here - http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=258
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Wiring's dead easy. Just run a wire through the rear bumper from the fog light across to the reverser and it'll join the circuits. Then just disconnect the fog circuit so it no longer functions. No need for a reverse fog light 99/9% of the time in Australia and if you do, it's legal and safe to use hazards anyway. You'll use the reversers daily