Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 11:58 PM   #15571
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The Victorian system seems pretty good in as much as you can make your initial booking on-line or (as I did) just ring the local clinic and they make the 2nd for you after you've had the first. As they were still doing 12 weeks for AZ that's the gap I got and am happy with even if it does mean it will be November before I'm double vaccinated.

You also get an email to confirm that appointment and then text messages in the few days leading up to it.
Almost a mirror of my experience in Sydney, my second dose is 22/10 but the pressure from others to bring it forward, is relentless.

Covidlive has got the Friday NSW vaccination figures up, 88.1 / 66.5 percent. The 70% x2 figure should be passed during Tuesday next. I really hope we can keep up the effort to reach people who’ve not been able to get vaccinated yet.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2021, 08:06 AM   #15572
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Is that Pfizer or AZ and Moderna?

Chemist Warehouse is doing AZ and Moderna but doesnt list Pfizer.

Terry White Pharmacies are offering the same.
I was told Pfizer has to be measured, that's why chemists are not doing it........
This user likes this post:
Old 03-10-2021, 08:35 AM   #15573
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Auckland is still in lockdown level 3 and still getting 20 odd cases a day ...still having break outs ,it sounds like its got into 3 gangs now and some homeless so thats gonna be a hell mission to clean that up ......if it cuts loose we've got bugger all ventilators and a health system already under pressure and threatening strikes for the last 6 months or so

Aucklanders are getting real testy about the lockdown, currently the longest we've had

The pressures really mounting on Jacinda

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
3 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2021, 08:59 AM   #15574
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
Auckland is still in lockdown level 3 and still getting 20 odd cases a day ...still having break outs ,it sounds like its got into 3 gangs now and some homeless so thats gonna be a hell mission to clean that up ......if it cuts loose we've got bugger all ventilators and a health system already under pressure and threatening strikes for the last 6 months or so

Aucklanders are getting real testy about the lockdown, currently the longest we've had

Yea, nurses were striking over staff shortages long before Covid.

Some very, very short-sighted people seem to think that "it has a 99% survival rate" and think that 1% of people with Covid are just up and dying overnight without going through the healthcare system.
It's not the people who are dying that are the problem - that's one less person who needs the healthcare - it's the rest who are in hospital for weeks before becoming a part of that 1% (and, hopefully, do not become a part of that 1%) who are causing the stress on the system.

Also doesn't help that you've got the Destiny Church crazies out there making things difficult for us now. We've been watching the world go through protests and marches over this for the last 18 months, it hasn't worked anywhere else in the world as of yet, why do they think it's going to work here?

At some point we are going to have to 'learn to live with Covid', but we need to make sure that we're in the best position to do that first. Right now, this is not that, so until then shuddap and put on yer damn mask.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:03 AM   #15575
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post

Sure is.....

Old 03-10-2021, 09:14 AM   #15576
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Sure is.....

That clip is 3 years old.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
3 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2021, 09:14 AM   #15577
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You've got to wonder how stupid people can be to follow a clown like Brian Tamaki ? this latest stunt just proves it

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 03-10-2021, 09:20 AM   #15578
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
I was told Pfizer has to be measured, that's why chemists are not doing it........
Issue with Pfizer is you can't store it, it's basically a 'just in time' type deal.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:31 AM   #15579
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Every State is different in how they go about it.
Here in SA you can book your first jab online and it automatically gives you the next available booking for your 2nd atleast 21 days after the first.
You can pick a later date but cant book any earlier.

My initial bookings were 21 days apart to the day.
It wasnt until they turned me away at my 1st booking that it all went to ****.

My Wife did her bookings exactly the same way and because she was able to get her 1st jab on the correct day she had the 2nd on the correct day.

My problems started when they changed their questionnaire without notifying bookings already scheduled and began turning people away.
Considering they send out a text on the day you have a jab, how hard would it be to send one out about changes to the criteria to allow people to act accordingly and not end up with what ive had happen.
OK, I walked into vaccination hub off the street!...no appointment, just this massive hub for vaccinations, that's the issue, you booked your first and I didentm so I couldn't be early or late, but they were very particular about my second jab!....

That can mean one of 2 things, they are super efficient in dealing with 1500 people a day, or, they use my "guaranteed" second appointment to fudge the numbers of double vaxxed people, just to make the statistics look good.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:45 AM   #15580
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Issue with Pfizer is you can't store it, it's basically a 'just in time' type deal.
Same as Moderna, once its been thawed it's on a time limit. I don't think AZ is frozen, but does need to be refrigerated.
All of them are multi-dose vials, which need to be used within hours of drawing the first dose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
It says 'live' right there in the corner!
Old 03-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #15581
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
Same as Moderna, once its been thawed it's on a time limit. I don't think AZ is frozen, but does need to be refrigerated.
All of them are multi-dose vials, which need to be used within hours of drawing the first dose.

It says 'live' right there in the corner!
It also says NEW PM .....

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
4 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2021, 10:35 AM   #15582
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Surely that didn't surprise you with "King of the Clips" CoupeKing.........
Old 03-10-2021, 10:56 AM   #15583
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
My local chemist in Perth does these vaccinations, this was before they turned my shopping centre into a vaccination hub, I asked 2 months ago if they would vaccinate me, they said yes, I said Pfizer they said AZ only, was that because of my age 68, or as you say the Pfizer needs very close observation because of it use by date or its temperature control, there is a lot of bullsh.t surrounding these vaccines, and I would not trust any big store or warehouse with low level workers keeping these vaccines at the correct temperature?
Old 03-10-2021, 11:00 AM   #15584
slowsnake
Banned

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infect...istration.aspx

This link should put it to bed!
Old 03-10-2021, 11:09 AM   #15585
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Victoria back on (or very near) Russell’s 3rd order trendline today.

Has there been any informed discussion of the rates of testing in NSW vs Victoria? In NSW it (testing rate) seems to track the case rate somewhat.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:20 AM   #15586
slowsnake
Banned

What chance has the western world got when we have reprobate crew members on international ships arriving in Fremantle Port, and they are using it to get what they can't get at home!

So this ship in photo, the Stolt Sakura leaves Singapore for Australia and "magically" all the crew come down with covid symptoms?
This ship travelled from South Korea, China and Taiwan between August and September?
So I/we are to believe that between South Korea, China and Taiwan then Singapore that the crew were perfectly healthy???

Bullsh.t, am i/we to believe that this covid free ship crewed by covid free sailors only got sick after leaving Singapore??....on the way to Australia and know that they would be accepted and given the red carpet treatment?.

Well I would like a bit of that too, does this Government not see what's going on here?
I'm dumbfounded, I really am, seems being an Australian taxpayer is worth nothing at all at the end of the day!

Old 03-10-2021, 11:47 AM   #15587
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
What chance has the western world got when we have reprobate crew members on international ships arriving in Fremantle Port, and they are using it to get what they can't get at home!

So this ship in photo, the Stolt Sakura leaves Singapore for Australia and "magically" all the crew come down with covid symptoms?
This ship travelled from South Korea, China and Taiwan between August and September?
So I/we are to believe that between South Korea, China and Taiwan then Singapore that the crew were perfectly healthy???

Bullsh.t, am i/we to believe that this covid free ship crewed by covid free sailors only got sick after leaving Singapore??....on the way to Australia and know that they would be accepted and given the red carpet treatment?.

Well I would like a bit of that too, does this Government not see what's going on here?
I'm dumbfounded, I really am, seems being an Australian taxpayer is worth nothing at all at the end of the day!

Where's the confusion? The ship left Singapore on the 24th, and they developed symptoms sometime before the 28th. With the 10-14 day incubation period of Sars-cov-2, that gives them 5+ days prior to leaving Singapore where they could have become inoculated. Nothing 'magical' about it, the dates line up.
5 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2021, 12:05 PM   #15588
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 668 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9587 (from 0.9795) while the actual line remains a below the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line now has a downward curve again. Note: the change to 3rd order instead of 4th order is to assist with smoothing the trend.

VIC records 1,220 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0662 (from 1.1062) while the actual line is now slightly below the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 03-10-2021, 12:39 PM   #15589
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 2nd 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

2,388 new cases for Australia and 12 deaths so the CMR is 1.206%. The ACT had an equal record high 52 cases.

28 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.625%.

The UK had 29,389 cases yesterday and 121 deaths for a CMR of 1.739%.

122,767 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,821 deaths sees CMR at 1.618%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Belarus (1,998); and
Romania (12,590)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Armenia moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2021, 07:28 PM   #15590
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
Where's the confusion? The ship left Singapore on the 24th, and they developed symptoms sometime before the 28th. With the 10-14 day incubation period of Sars-cov-2, that gives them 5+ days prior to leaving Singapore where they could have become inoculated. Nothing 'magical' about it, the dates line up.
You telling me they never left the ship at all ports prior to Singapore?
Don't think so, they started in August and its now October?

So like magic they only get sick once they are in Australian waters, or on the way here to get treatment not available at home, I know we import and export goods, but we don't need a travelling covid circus?
It's so easy to suck folk in, lol, it's their plan, like the boat people and we as Australian taxpayers should not foot the bill for these scam artists!
Old 03-10-2021, 07:31 PM   #15591
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does that mean 4 x $1m prizes?

Quote:
A million reasons to get jabbed: New lottery offers prizes for vaccinated people

https://www.theage.com.au/national/a...03-p58wqk.html
  • Australians who are fully vaccinated will have the chance to win a $1 million prize as part of a new lottery created by a philanthropic group.
  • With a prize pool of $4.1 million, the campaign has been created by the Million Dollar Vax Alliance, comprising a group of philanthropists and corporations that hope to push national vaccination rates above 80 per cent.
  • Australians aged 18 and over are eligible, including those who are already fully vaccinated. The winners must be fully vaccinated by six weeks after October 31.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:44 PM   #15592
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:

So like magic they only get sick once they are in Australian waters, or on the way here to get treatment not available at home, I know we import and export goods, but we don't need a travelling covid circus?
It's so easy to suck folk in, lol, it's their plan, like the boat people and we as Australian taxpayers should not foot the bill for these scam artists!
You know that Singapore is not a third world country? Go through all that to end up at a city that is in ambulance bypass even before they get a covid case? Pretty sure they would have been better off in Singapore..

If you stop ships Billy you know your shops will be empty in a month.

5 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2021, 07:45 PM   #15593
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Got no teeth..

We've had similar things over the ditch Billy ....fishing crews docking with sick crews usually mostly foreign crews ....what do you do you cant preach that your a civilized country then turn them away .....when it all hit the fan overin the states there were quite a lot of yachties that took off to the island's then wanted to head to NZ ...the government wouldn't let them in there was a big huha about it because there were supposed to be a cyclone or storm coming I think from memory but if they had let them in it would have opened the doors for Any yachties

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 03-10-2021, 07:55 PM   #15594
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
You know that Singapore is not a third world country? Go through all that to end up at a city that is in ambulance bypass even before they get a covid case? Pretty sure they would have been better off in Singapore..

But wouldn't it be cheaper for Australia to maybe have one or two medical people stationed overseas to assess and test the crews?
I feel very sorry for these sick crew on a sh.t wage, and sh.t conditions on substandard vessels registered in the Cayman Islands, which is exactly why they register at anywhere but the owners home port, its to take advantage of poor workers, who will not complain, but I dont want covid, I want to die of cancer not covid, this whole world is fu.ked by greedy selfish business men, and our pollies don't care, they just want everything "magically" to go away and resolve itself!
Well it won't, when other countries do not follow the basic rules of hygiene!
Old 03-10-2021, 08:28 PM   #15595
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

What treatment do you think they are going to get once they are infected with covid? they wont get any vaccination at all and the serious ones most likely on ventilator until well enough or die. Most will be monitored until cleared to go back to their ship.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2021, 11:52 PM   #15596
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
"Authorised worker" mandatory jab requirement annouced by Vic Gov today.... Probably would have been easier to make a list on who it doesn't cover.....pollies are now on the mandated list too.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...01-p58whn.html

Edit: Full list from Vic Gov site: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/a...ed-worker-list

I suspect Vic might see further emmigration of population to other states in the short term....thats assuming other states don't follow.
need to read the fine print....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il-RZ9SUInQ
4 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2021, 07:21 AM   #15597
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Roll on, NSW… Saturday vaccination totals 88.4 / 67.1%.

I’ve just emailed Pick’n’Payless to ask if they have a plan/date for re-opening to the public. #priorities #secondhome
3 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2021, 09:00 AM   #15598
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ACT has officially overtook WA to slide into 4th place. We're coming for QLD to be 3rd

This Delta variant is ****ed and can't be contained, glad I get my second dose next Monday.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:11 AM   #15599
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
What treatment do you think they are going to get once they are infected with covid? they wont get any vaccination at all and the serious ones most likely on ventilator until well enough or die. Most will be monitored until cleared to go back to their ship.
Nothing in their home country?
Everything in their Private Australian Covid fixing haven!
Old 04-10-2021, 09:29 AM   #15600
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post

They were sick before they got to Singapore?..vi China, a very covid free country, South Korea, another very covid free country and Taiwan another very covid free country, so they all got covid in Singapore!.bullsh.t
Closed Thread