Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
whales
351 Cleveland:Pure Muscle

Default Suzuki Police car

I just saw a Suzuki Swift Police car...
So much for the government supporting local manufacturing.
If they wanted a 4 cyl they could have got a crappy Camry at least they are built in Aussie and might keep someone employed or if they wanted a fuel efficent car why not a Egas Falcon.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i saw a corolla sedan a month ago in sydney. and in Sydney CBD they had/have a smart car :P
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
MONSOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by whales
So much for the government supporting local manufacturing.
Apparently it's not politically correct at the moment to do so.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I've been told that most of the police fleet will be changed over to Lancers in the near future. No more Typhoons or XR8's either, even for Highway Patrol.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
Jase_Boss
Casual surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
I've been told that most of the police fleet will be changed over to Lancers in the near future. No more Typhoons or XR8's either, even for Highway Patrol.
I was talking to a NSW traffic sgt last night and they said the fleet management group are pushing to axe all V8's in hwy as the government are loosing a bomb at the auctions cause they are selling so cheep, they are sticking to the turbo's at this point as they are just breaking even

They said there will be a huge up roar with the guy/girls on the road cause some will only drive the V8s

It will be another hit to the local V8 manufacturing market even less sales, just another nail in the coffin

I will have to order my new XR8 sedan before Ford axes it altogether, I feel this will be the last locally designed and built V8 ford i will be buying, VERY sad thing for me
GTF-#97-Kinetic/Matte Black, Manual, Enjoying it daily
Sold- 08 FG XR8 Sed EGO, 6 speed m, 80mm John Bowe throttle body, K&N air filter, Big Mouth CAI, rip shifter. 275/30-19,245/35-19, XR50
Sold- 06 BF XR8 Ute, 6 speed,80mm throttle body,Herrod full stainless cats back,K&N air filter,CAI,rip shifter.265/35,245/40-18.
Sold-Mrs Jase_Boss-09 XR8 Sed Breeze-Build to order for her,All options except sat nav,6 speed m, 80mm John Bowe throttle body, K&N air filter, Big Mouth CAI. 19"
Jase_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

In a way I can understand the need for something like a Swift in the middle of Sydney or Melbourne, those little Swifts are pretty quick off the mark (Zippy more than anything), for stop start traffic, and are dirt cheap. But you wouldn't thonk they would be changing the whole fleet to 4 cylinders, it would make no sense. How are you going to catch a crook in his SS Commodore if your driving a little shoebox?
Old 04-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #7
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Vtec, the cops have it now, didnt ya know?! :P
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #8
BlackLS
yum

You'll probably find that most of these cars are given to them by the manufacturers. Same goes for the Lotus Elise, and a Suzuki Ignis that have done the rounds in the past.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #9
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Suzuki Swifts and Kias are usually donated by a sponser or the community for non-first response staff to get around in.

Though Highway Patrol maybe loosing V8s I believe it may be a metro thing and not a greater metro or country wide thing.

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Ozfords is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #10
Jase
-Village Idiot-

Theres an Astra in my area, dunno if its going to be a main stay.
No V8s in WA, few Xr6T's and WRXs around but
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 11:04 PM   #11
bingoTE50
Steve

Once upon a time it was Mini Cooper S , and GTR Toranas ...
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #12
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase_Boss
I was talking to a NSW traffic sgt last night and they said the fleet management group are pushing to axe all V8's in hwy as the government are loosing a bomb at the auctions cause they are selling so cheep, they are sticking to the turbo's at this point as they are just breaking even

They said there will be a huge up roar with the guy/girls on the road cause some will only drive the V8s

It will be another hit to the local V8 manufacturing market even less sales, just another nail in the coffin

I will have to order my new XR8 sedan before Ford axes it altogether, I feel this will be the last locally designed and built V8 ford i will be buying, VERY sad thing for me
Really? How much resale difference is there between a XR6T and an XR8, considering the both cost the same new (45k).

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
ThePistonHead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #13
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

We have a focus in our area, atleast its a Ford :/
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post