Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Default For God's sake, drive carefully.

I know there have been threads about this before but the point needs to be made again.

Yesterday morning two of my friends passed away when their Commodore rolled and burst into flames.

The vehicle load of boys was travelling to Toowoomba when they blew a tyre, causing the car to roll, clip a tree and burst into flames. The two boys were killed instantly, while the other three escaped with severe burns.

The car was travelling at 155 kph.

There is nothing that can be done for the lives of Marcus and Jamie, but had the driver been doing the posted speed limit, maybe, just maybe, there could have been a very different outcome.

Rest In Peace guys, we will never forget you.

Daniel.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
Fletty's EL
Green with Envi

That's awful mate. Its never a good thing when people die, but when it could plainly have been avoided and the car brought under control they may still have had a fighting chance and that's the stupid thing.
Condolences to the families. Another two regrettable fatalaties.

I hope you're coping okay.
Old 20-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

condolances mate.... i saw it on the news....

i dont want to take this off topic but why is it that every seccond commodore you see crashed bursts into flames..........
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
Kenster

Im sorry to hear about your mate may they R.I.P and let this message keep on passing throughtout all generation of drivers out there
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
Steve
torque is your friend

Sorry to hear about your loss Peuty.
Old 20-08-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
JD86
DELANY

yes sorry to hear about that mate, my mate crashed hes girlfriends skyline this morning, lucky no one was hurt, so yeh kinda enforces the need to drive safely
Old 20-08-2006, 04:50 PM   #7
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry to hear about this hope your doing ok

my condolances go out to the family and friends of these 2 guys

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 04:50 PM   #8
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My sincerest condolences.
Old 20-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #9
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
I know there have been threads about this before but the point needs to be made again.

Yesterday morning two of my friends passed away when their Commodore rolled and burst into flames.

Daniel.
Sorry for your loss Daniel.

My investigative side would be curious as to 'why' the tyre burst in the first place, and if it was of retreaded, regrooved construction or similar-? And what pressure was it originally? I know this is not something you can answer, so these are not questions 'directed' per se.

Many crashes that occur involve in particular low tyre pressure (underinflation) as part of the crash contributory factor list. At speed, such tyres run particularly hot and the sidewalls are subject to failure, and on some tyres tread seperation leading to failure.

Whilst at illegal speed for QLD, don't make the mistake that 'the limit represents the safe speed for the prevailing circumstance', it can and it can't, since this, 'safe speed' is a constant variable. Had they been at the limit, the crash severity will of course have been less, but still potentially fatal. Many factors come into play.

Talk it through sport and good luck.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 05:48 PM   #10
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh ****... my condolences to the family, this stuff is terrible n cuts me up....

RIP
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 06:13 PM   #11
turboute
turboute

Mate condolences to all that knew them, and hope they can one day come to terms with it.

I would also like to remind people that certain tyres can only handle certain speeds - In my life I have had 2 tyre delaminate on me, thank god that it wasn't while travelling at those speeds, the thing I am not to proud of was that the process may have started while I was at those speeds (we all did things we shouldn't have done when we were young I suppose).
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #12
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Terrible news.

I too would be interested to know what caused the tyre to blow. I have a lot of trouble convincing my housemate to check her tyre pressures. She just doesn't have any idea of how dangerous a semi flat tyre can be.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #13
AEF_Silver94
Falcon obsessed

sorry to hear,these things are never easy,my condolances to the family and friends of the 2 ... 155..damn
AEF_Silver94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #14
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

likewise, sorry to hear of your loss, and ours; any death diminishes the rest of our lives in some way
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #15
Zephyr
Old rookie

Sorry to hear of your lost.

Like Keepleft said, what made the tyre blow out? Tyres are rated around 200!!
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 08:15 PM   #16
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

It is still unclear as to why the tyre's blew, but as Keepleft said, I wouldn't be surprised if the tyres were under-inflated.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I spoke to Marcus' mum this morning, who is a firm believer in the afterlife, and she assures us that he and Jamie are definatley in a better place. Regardless of what one's beliefs are, its still comforting to 'know".

Take care

Daniel.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 11:25 PM   #17
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear of your loss.

It only further emphasises the necessity at driving safely and going no faster than the maximum speed limit.

Due to irresponsibility, now many people will suffer. I lost one of my friends (through suicide mind you) and it wasn't the fact that he was gone that sucked. It was the fact that he left 2 sisters behind and a ****load of friends who would have helped.

Be there for each other. Relive the good times. And never forget what they meant to you.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 11:29 PM   #18
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty

The vehicle load of boys was travelling to Toowoomba when they blew a tyre, causing the car to roll, clip a tree and burst into flames. The two boys were killed instantly, while the other three escaped with severe burns.

The car was travelling at 155 kph.

There is nothing that can be done for the lives of Marcus and Jamie, but had the driver been doing the posted speed limit, maybe, just maybe, there could have been a very different outcome.

Rest In Peace guys, we will never forget you.

Daniel.
Sorry for your loss.

Is the driver OK? If he did survive, he has to live with this for the rest of his life - I know I would rather be dead than know I was responsible for a mate's death.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 20-08-2006 at 11:48 PM.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 11:29 PM   #19
FLYXR6
Silvester

RIP

Its always sad to hear of another sensless death on our roads. My condolences to the family and friends of the boys.

I like them sleek and unnoticable, That is untill the pedal is pushed.

www.myspace.com/flyxr6 Myspace URL
www.myspace.com/slvstr01 My cars Myspace URL
FLYXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 11:32 PM   #20
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

heard about this on the radio yesturday arvo, i have family that travel around the darling downs and it always frightens me that it could be someone i know.

Sorry about the loss of your mates, it is a true shame. Sadly those roads arent built for that kind of speed and it could have only taken a pothole to cause it.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 11:34 PM   #21
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Sorry to hear of your sad loss. I saw the car on the news tonight. It looks like its a miracle that anyone got out at all. The next few days are going to be tough. All the best.
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 11:35 PM   #22
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Sorry for your loss.

Is the driver OK? If he did survive, he has to live with this for the rest of his life - I know I would rather be dead than know I was responsible for a mate's death.
He has injuries...and if it is his fault he will have to live with it...if it isnt though how would you feel?

condolences for the losses

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE

Last edited by NC 5ltr; 21-08-2006 at 12:05 AM.
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 11:42 PM   #23
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never wish death upon anybody for being human.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 11:44 PM   #24
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC 5ltr
Those words are a bit harsh at the moment JC as they dont know if it was driver error or something else...so it might be a good idea to edit your post.

Good point, but i think 155kph is driver error.
Condolences either way
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 11:49 PM   #25
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC 5ltr
Those words are a bit harsh at the moment JC as they dont know if it was driver error or something else...so it might be a good idea to edit your post.
Done - now you better edit my quote in your post.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 11:49 PM   #26
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Good point, but i think 155kph is driver error.
Condolences either way
from what i heard on the news he was travelling that speed to pass a truck....but yeah...155kph is a bit fast.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 11:51 PM   #27
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very saddened for your lose. And you are right about the speed, can't help but pass comment to people on the condition of there vehicles also. this too plays an even part in all our safe travel on the roads.

Once again sorry you lost your buddies. My condolences to all involved in this terrible time.
Kevin
Old 21-08-2006, 01:04 AM   #28
ccel
Starter Motor

sorry to hear your loss i think people need to respect the feelings of others before posting comments about speed, blown tyres , speed , lives lost =lives shattered(ps first time poster loooong time looker dont flame me)
ccel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 03:29 AM   #29
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
condolances mate.... i saw it on the news....

i dont want to take this off topic but why is it that every seccond commodore you see crashed bursts into flames..........
That what i ask myself. Every second crash in WA involves commodore drivers. Why i can not understand!

Condolence to the loss one. Hope your doing alright. I know how you feel as i been down that path.

:

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 07:59 AM   #30
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Why do some always need to highlight a brand in accidents ??.

There was some years back when i was much younger a accident, This was in Melton.
A car full of 15-18 year olds. My cousin was sitting in the back seat of this car 20 min before it crashed. She was lucky she had women problems at the time and she got really sick and had to go home, This car was travailing at around 200kp/h when it hit a part of the freeway that kind of roes up, Bottom out very hard and went off the road, Into a freeway sign and split into many parts.
4 died on impact only one survived the accident he was wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the car away. A young girl ridding in the back who lost her life was very close to me you never forget your first love because it's the best feeling and if it ends can be the worst feeling. You don't expect things like this to happen.

My condolence to you the best thing is to stick with your family and talk try not to be alone a great deal to much time to think. Best wishes to your mates family also.