Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
austrav
Blue blood

Default New Focus doors out of alignment.

Hi Guys just wanted your opinions before i go to dealer. Have had my new Zetec for 3 weeks now and have driven 2000klms already (easter driving) all of a sudden my rear driver side door now collides with a big scratch and metal flex with my front driver side door when i open it. Ie the panels slide past each other and touch. Hadn't noticed this before. Huge scratching which i am not happy about on a new car. Has the door just come loose as its "settled in" or do i have bigger problems here. At them moment i am opening the front door first in order to open the rear. Anyone else have similar problems and or fixes? Ta.

austrav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Default Re: New Focus doors out of alignment.

Yeah take it to the dealer. It shouldn't be doing that at all. Shotty Seouth Efrican plant build quality!

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
nosurrenda
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by austrav
Hi Guys just wanted your opinions before i go to dealer. Have had my new Zetec for 3 weeks now and have driven 2000klms already (easter driving) all of a sudden my rear driver side door now collides with a big scratch and metal flex with my front driver side door when i open it. Ie the panels slide past each other and touch. Hadn't noticed this before. Huge scratching which i am not happy about on a new car. Has the door just come loose as its "settled in" or do i have bigger problems here. At them moment i am opening the front door first in order to open the rear. Anyone else have similar problems and or fixes? Ta.
You are not alone! Mine's had the same problem as has the customer service rep at my Ford dealer. Also check your center console for loose bolts (it's probably moving around). Another, more worrying issue, is a gearbox problem (auto) that Ford does not have a fix for - when slowly cruising through the gears you may hear a clunk from 2nd to 3rd, or 2nd to 1st. I have persistent steering issues as well - car wanders around - Ford discovered the rack was not fitted properly, but the issue is still not fixed. So yea, shoddy South Africa build quality, no doubt about it
nosurrenda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
MickG

My LV XR5 has the same issues and creeks really badly when driving up a curb onto d driveway for example. I have been meaning to get it looked at for a while now.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickG
My LV XR5 has the same issues and creeks really badly when driving up a curb onto d driveway for example. I have been meaning to get it looked at for a while now.
That's noisy door rubbers on the XR5 - mine and every other one I've driven has done that too. Get some Einzett Gummi Pfledge (or similar rubber conditioner) and apply it to the rubbers and it'll be quiet as a mouse - don't use Armourall.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
MickG

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
That's noisy door rubbers on the XR5 - mine and every other one I've driven has done that too. Get some Einzett Gummi Pfledge (or similar rubber conditioner) and apply it to the rubbers and it'll be quiet as a mouse - don't use Armourall.
I'm sure the rubbers are responsible for some of the noise but I also have scuff marks on the door entries do to metal on metal......definitely flex somewhere!!

Thanks or the tip though.