Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
Sikplague
Speedfreak

Default xr lights, need info

g'day everyone i want to put an XR50 front skirt on my 02 forte but im not sure if i can get the xr headlight assemblies to fit the car, is it possible to replace the old headlights with the xr ones?

PLANNED MODS: TS50 bodykit, BA MKII side stripes, bulge bonnet, sunroof, maybe take the I6 out and throw the 5.0l in just for fun :P
Sikplague is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes, for your var you'll need the bar, head light assembly's, and bonnet. Would be alot cheaper just to go a ts50 front
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #3
Mark One
A humorous statement

It hear the conversion from the base front to an XR front is quite expensive.

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
not using the search button makes the baby jesus cry.
Mark One is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
Sikplague
Speedfreak

its not so much the cost im looking at i just wanted something a little more unique down here where i am
PLANNED MODS: TS50 bodykit, BA MKII side stripes, bulge bonnet, sunroof, maybe take the I6 out and throw the 5.0l in just for fun :P
Old 14-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #5
Sikplague
Speedfreak

i was thinkin whether or not it would be easier to get the bulge bonnet to suit the low series or xr front rather than having to get a mould and fiberglass it onto my bonnet
Old 14-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
Mark One
A humorous statement

Well if moneys no barrier I'm sure theres a custom body shop that could do it for you.

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
Old 14-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
Mark One
A humorous statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikplague
i was thinkin whether or not it would be easier to get the bulge bonnet to suit the low series or xr front rather than having to get a mould and fiberglass it onto my bonnet
The whole bonnet from AWC seems to be the way to go. It keeps coming up that when people try to put a bulge onto their bonnet it doesn't last very long.

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
Old 14-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #8
Sikplague
Speedfreak

so u think for the look im going for it might be worthwhile to get the front converted to the xr style?
Old 14-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
Mark One
A humorous statement

Well what are you exactly after?

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
Old 14-07-2007, 12:19 PM   #10
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...t=84809&page=3
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #11
Sikplague
Speedfreak

here is a pic of what i want mine to look like

Old 14-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #12
Mark One
A humorous statement

Well its a stroke of bad luck you didn't start off with an XR :P. But it should be possible. You can buy that bonnet it'll fit on with the XR50 bar, you'll also need the bonnet latch from an XR I'm sure. The hardest bit about it I believe is changing the headlight assembly's around. You should look at wreckers for the XR headlights. I think there may be a difference between XR and standard fronts, don't quote me on that.

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
Old 14-07-2007, 12:27 PM   #13
Sikplague
Speedfreak

thx for that stocko, i had seen that pic of the blue ts50 before but i wasnt sure if it a proper bonnet or just the mould
Old 14-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #14
Sikplague
Speedfreak

hmm with all the alterations i would have to make it might be wiser to stick with the TS50 front and get AWC to send a high series bulge over
Old 14-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #15
Mark One
A humorous statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikplague
hmm with all the alterations i would have to make it might be wiser to stick with the TS50 front and get AWC to send a high series bulge over
If you really wanted you could get the already in production XR bonnet with the bulge and get the TS50 front to suit low series and get a low series grill if you wanted. The possibility's are endless

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
Old 14-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #16
Sikplague
Speedfreak

yeah i think i will go with the high series bulge from AWC when they start production thnx for all your help
Old 14-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #17
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

here is whats needed i looked into it a while ago bonnet if you currently have a high bonnet. lights which bolt straight on and just plug in. indicators which plug into the headlight loom and the nose cone wether it be original XR of fiberglass original bars are better as they use memory plastic that will bounce back with minor bumps glass breaks easily then there are just a few clips and thats it
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #18
Sikplague
Speedfreak

this is the other way i can have it done by AWC their going to start production on a high series bulge

http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...chmentid=26096