Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

Default the receiving end of serious road rage. so i thought.

last night we(wife, having a baby in 3 weeks, 1yr+9mnth son and myself) were driving down a dual lane st. we were behind a 300zx that was doing 40kmh. approaching a roundabout we took the left lane and i looked at the driver and said "speed it up mate". i couldnt have been any friendlier about it either. so we are side by side and in an instant he revved the car and swerved straight into us. he stuffed the whole side of his car and damaged the front of my work ute. i thought this isnt good, having my baby and expecting wife in the car. he wasnt going to get anywhere near our car. we pulled over and i jumped out and dragged him out of the car. asking what the he thought he was thinking/doing. no reply, just blank a stare. yelled at him a few more times before i realise something isnt right, then his knees started to buckle underneath him, he falls on ground and sobs like a 10year old girl. i was positive it was deliberate but he acted way to passive to be that much of an aggressive driver. anyway now im confused thinking WTF. witnesses of crash said maybe he just noticed ur wife driving and freaked out when he saw a guy was with her. even then, why would you drive straight into a car? anyway my whinge is over and thankfully no one was hurt. my son thought it was some sort of game and the boofhead was laughing and having a ball while i almost had a heart attack.

Old 30-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

people do stupid things for many reasons.. pretty poo situation though
Old 30-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Sorry to hear mate, that is very strange but i think he didnt see you and thought your wife was by herself and then crapped himself when he seen you and 'Gave up the ghost' so to speak
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whoaaa

Glad you and your wife & son are OK, thats seriously some serious crap!

what happenend afterwards? is he goign to pay for the repair or ?
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
TERRY TORRY

: Hi. Glad you are all okay. Was he here in the here and now or off with the birds,? If he was off with the birds he should be put with the birds in a cage. Glen. :monkes: :
TERRY TORRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
ch33z1l
Dawn

Ur pretty game mate. After ramming ur car, he could have had a gun or anything.

Im sure many would have acted the same way, anger jsut takes over in a situation like that where ur family is involved.

Nothing wrong with getting the license plate and reporting him to the cops.
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

his father called me today with the claim number for insurance purposes.
im not game, i was crapping myself BUT there was no way in hell i was going to have a psycho anywhere near my family.
Old 30-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wierd that he would ram you then fall apart like that. I remember reading somewhere once that when people are in cars they have a sense of invulnerability which can lead to road rage - maybe he thought he was invinceable until he saw you get out of your car.... Or maybe he was just having a really really bad day and did something stupid in the heat of the moment - either way no excuse for it and hope everything works out for you.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by X000BOSS
im not game, i was crapping myself BUT there was no way in hell i was going to have a psycho anywhere near my family.

Good on you mate, I reckon you handled it perfectly. You were in defense mode, and to your credit - you were able to turn it off when the threat was overcome.

priority number one - protect the little woman and kids.

You're a good Dad!

Regards

tex

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #10
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are you sure he meant to Ram you as it sounds like he revved his vehicle & may have slid under power into your Vehicle as why would he want to Damage his vehicle after you told him to speed up?

Maybe he thought he was clear of the front of your Ute (when he swerved) & was very Unhappy he Damaged his Vehicle?

He would most likely Drag you off to show you.

And you dragged him out of his vehicle so you can actually be up for Assualt.

However if he did Ram you as you have described then he would be unstable
and you should have just called the Police & taken his details as he could have had a Gun or a Knife & you could have been Dead.
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #11
Sam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
Are you sure he meant to Ram you as it sounds like he revved his vehicle & may have slid under power into your Vehicle as why would he want to Damage his vehicle after you told him to speed up?

Maybe he thought he was clear of the front of your Ute (when he swerved) & was very Unhappy he Damaged his Vehicle?

He would most likely Drag you off to show you.

And you dragged him out of his vehicle so you can actually be up for Assualt.

However if he did Ram you as you have described then he would be unstable
and you should have just called the Police & taken his details as he could have had a Gun or a Knife & you could have been Dead.

Nice reply, I Wish That it Made sense though, Are you supporting Him or saying he Did everything Wrong....(sorry about the capitals, i just couldn't help myself)
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #12
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Having been in a serious road rage incident myself a while back, I can understand what you did and why. You just get a huge rush of adrenilen in these types of situation. You get hugely defensive of your loved ones and all rational thinking goes out the window. I think nearly everyone would have done what you done mate, No-one knows exactly how they would handle a situation like this until it actually happens to them.

Im pretty sure that if assault comes into, that it'd be pretty easy to beat. If someone has just done that with your family in the car, than Im fairly sure that you'd be let off with a warning.

And to Buddy 1, The fact of the matter is that, either way he was being a d!ck, and put lives at risk. People that do this shouldn't be on the road!

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #13
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

So what exactly happend? why did he do it?
Old 30-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #14
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have said things in the past that I shouldn't however I would say to you, why risk it?

Just keep driving mate, things can get out of control way too quickly and as has been said you could end up dead, I know its crazy but its true so don't risk it.

You have a family as you say don't put them at risk at all by even saying what you said originally, its not worth it. There are people out there that flip out for no reason (as you witnessed) or are just looking for trouble.
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 12:45 AM   #15
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont care whether or not I was in a Rolls Royce or $200 banger anyone that rams me regardless if it was an accident would send me crazy, especially if I had a wife and kids in the car. Like many have said during a road rage incident all rational thoughts fly out the window (when the other guy starts the trouble for barely a reason), you dont really sit there with a pen and paper marking off what the right or wrong thing to do is you just act on the second.
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 12:59 AM   #16
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

I suspect the guy had mental problems... or he may just be a giant girl who bit off more than he could chew.

I had a fat islander in a toy truck nearly run me off the road at an unmarked merge - meaning I had right of way over him because my vehicle was ahead of his (and had been for some distance). I leant out the window and turned back and yelled "oi!" so he'd get the msg that I had nowhere else to go. Next thing I know he pulls alongside me at the next intersection a couple km away and starts yelling out his window (he was on left side of the car) carrying on and motioning. I'm thinking "this guy's gonna get out and carry on" so I yell back "what the f... is your problem?!" and then he started ranting incoherently. I have a feeling that having my partner in the passenger seat made him think twice about doing anything. I also don't doubt the fact that had he decided to get out it would've been trivial for me to crush him between our vehicles made him think twice as well... He eventually pulled his neckless fat head into the car, flipped me off and drove his rubber-band powered japanese toy truck off at full rev (and not going very fast either haha). Good thing for both of us that he didn't take it further...
Old 01-10-2008, 05:57 AM   #17
cowboy
Cowboy

Sounds like there may have been some chemical substances running through his body........
1930 Pontiac Landaulet
1932 Pontiac V8 sedan
1935 Pontiac sedan
1937 Pontiac 8 sedan
1948 Pontiac silver streak
1949 Ford F3 pickup
1953 Pontiac Chieftain
1955 Austin Champ
1957 Dodge Power Wagon
1967 Jeep Gladiator
1975 TD Cortina
1978 F100 4x4
2006 GU Patrol ute
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #18
XR6_4EVA
Hardcore I6 Enthusiast

Thats mental. You handled it well though sorry to hear you had to go through something like that.

Sounds like hes just a serial hoon that stuffed up, and the severity of the situation didnt hit him untill he was stareing down the barrell of a gun.

Full Momo and Leather Trim.
Redback exhaust, high flow cat and Pacey Extractors.

SELLING MY GENUINE 18" AZZUROS WITH TYRES.
FRONT TYRES 95%
REAR TYRES 50%
XR6_4EVA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #19
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You’re lucky you're not on a charge of assault just because he was a tool doesn't meant you can act like one too. Dragging him out of the car is an illegal and stupid way to handle the situation. The fact that he hit your car is not a legal defence for assault you too were guilty of road rage by this act. I understand you were upset but you should have let the cops deal with this not act in a violent and aggressive manner that has the potential to escalate the situation. I know there are violent bogans out there who will say good on you but this is unacceptable behaviour in civilised society

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #20
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

thats funny mate. "honestly" my guns were locked up tight at home that night. people have mentioned assault, i didnt assault him, i "helped" him out of his car.
i have no idea why he did that, i have been thinking about it though and he obviously wasnt in a normal state of mind, must of been on something. i think he didnt consider the concequences of what he was doing, i guess driving on the road is a little different to driving on your x-box while your whacked.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #21
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

au3xr6 - next time if im unlucky enough to go through something as ugly as that again, i promise you ill just be a sitting duck in my car while he hits me and the family with a tyre iron.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #22
escapin

these days u have to do what u have to do. u did what u thought and what i reckon was best for u and ur family. i mean u pulled over and so did he so u were just discussing the damage thats all no harm done.
escapin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #23
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Quote:
au3xr6 - next time if im unlucky enough to go through something as ugly as that again, i promise you ill just be a sitting duck in my car while he hits me and the family with a tyre iron.
Burn!! Spot on there X000BOSS. Until your actually ni a situation like this you have no idea what you would do.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #24
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
did i say let yourself be bashed? defending yourself is different to dragging someone out of the car ( your words not mine) if he were to come at you with a tyre iron you have 2 options 1 defend yourself 2 drive off if the car is capable of being driven. this is not about a defensive act it is about an agressive act on your part that had the potential to escalate the matter into a full on fight . I understand you were upset and it happened on the spur of the moment and you were angry but all I read here was good on you you did the right thing I had to add a bit of reality to this. I am actually more critical of those that encouraged you to be honest.
Just some food for thought if you post something here you must expect some critical comments not just pats on the back

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #25
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSSXR8
Burn!! Spot on there X000BOSS. Until your actually ni a situation like this you have no idea what you would do.
mate i was in that situation. re-read from the beginning.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #26
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

The nancy / love 'em all types in this thread need to get off their sope box and toughen the F%^& up.

Assault.????????????????????????? Original poster never belted him, he controlled the situation. Took measures to ensure the safety of his family.

How about slapping the other idiot with drive with intent, dangerous driving, coulpable driving, and fail to maintain control of a motor vehicle. Oh, may as well hit him with something out of the hoon book of sin while we're at it.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #27
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
did i say let yourself be bashed? defending yourself is different to dragging someone out of the car ( your words not mine) if he were to come at you with a tyre iron you have 2 options 1 defend yourself 2 drive off if the car is capable of being driven. this is not about a defensive act it is about an agressive act on your part that had the potential to escalate the matter into a full on fight . I understand you were upset and it happened on the spur of the moment and you were angry but all I read here was good on you you did the right thing I had to add a bit of reality to this. I am actually more critical of those that encouraged you to be honest.
Just some food for thought if you post something here you must expect some critical comments not just pats on the back
i disagree, i think it was defensive not aggresive. aggressive would be doing what i felt like doing to him. sometimes the best form of defence is offence and i think that my actions saved a lot of headache for both parties involved. if i stayed in the car he prob would of grabbed my wife by the throat. you just have no idea how aggressivly he drove into us, it wasnt just a bump!!!

mate critisize all you like. makes no difference to me. your earlier post was going on about law - assualt charges - legal defence - illegal - cops - etc. mate you dont know me and i dont feel the need to explain myself but ill fill you in on a little secret. i am a very decent bloke. i dont do the wrong thing because it is against the law, i dont do them because of moral reasons. now if its legal to hurt someone, i wouldnt anyway unless i had to defend my family and if i had to defend my family, ill do anything to do so, whether its legal or not. so your comments about charges and so forth mean nothing to me and to most people i know. its about doing the right thing, not just the legal thing.
what happens when you think back one night if you gave somebody a chance to hurt your family?? do you feel warm and fuzzy at night because you did the legal thing?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #28
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I'd say he either has mental problems or was off his head on the gear. Definately not something a normal person would do.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #29
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i disagree, i think it was defensive not aggresive. aggressive would be doing what i felt like doing to him. sometimes the best form of defence is offence and i think that my actions saved a lot of headache for both parties involved. if i stayed in the car he prob would of grabbed my wife by the throat. you just have no idea how aggressivly he drove into us, it wasnt just a bump!!!

mate critisize all you like. makes no difference to me. your earlier post was going on about law - assualt charges - legal defence - illegal - cops - etc. mate you dont know me and i dont feel the need to explain myself but ill fill you in on a little secret. i am a very decent bloke. i dont do the wrong thing because it is against the law, i dont do them because of moral reasons. now if its legal to hurt someone, i wouldnt anyway unless i had to defend my family and if i had to defend my family, ill do anything to do so, whether its legal or not. so your comments about charges and so forth mean nothing to me and to most people i know. its about doing the right thing, not just the legal thing.
what happens when you think back one night if you gave somebody a chance to hurt your family?? do you feel warm and fuzzy at night because you did the legal thing?

Very well said mate. I know most people would act in the way they saw the situation. If they felt threatened themselves, or felt their family was in danger. Most people would act the same way. Whether its the "right" thing to do by law or not. Its the right thing to do by your moral standards. Protect your loved ones..

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #30
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I'd say he either has mental problems or was off his head on the gear. Definately not something a normal person would do.
lol i agree Bossxr8.. That is not something a clear headed person would do, and if they did they would back it up with some kind of action. Not fall to bits at the sight of his self executed 300zx..

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post