Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 
Default Re: Common Problems with the AU??

new actuator..

unsure about the steering column, mine doesn't do it with 276,000KM on it
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
new actuator..

unsure about the steering column, mine doesn't do it with 276,000KM on it
Suppose I have to replace the whole rack as it is weeping to?

Going to get my mechanic to write a report so I can take it to the car yard as I still have 10 days or 500kms left on my warranty.
Probably wont like me, but hey the steering column and weeping were an issue the day I bought it, they cleaned and said the rack was no longer leaking, but it is.
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly94 View Post
Suppose I have to replace the whole rack as it is weeping to?

Going to get my mechanic to write a report so I can take it to the car yard as I still have 10 days or 500kms left on my warranty.
Probably wont like me, but hey the steering column and weeping were an issue the day I bought it, they cleaned and said the rack was no longer leaking, but it is.
unsure if your reply was sarcasm to be honest, unsure why it would be

the easiest way to fix actuators is to replace them, they're not that expensive and can be obtained at the wreckers easily enough. There are other ways if you want to save a few dollars, do a site search
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
unsure if your reply was sarcasm to be honest, unsure why it would be

the easiest way to fix actuators is to replace them, they're not that expensive and can be obtained at the wreckers easily enough. There are other ways if you want to save a few dollars, do a site search
No mate wasn't sarcasm aimed you mate, sorry if it came across that way, was more at the fact that so far to fix a small leak on an au turns out needing to have the whole part replaced.

Just had to get my hi pres pwr steer line changed because the it was weeping at the fitting.

Was thinking that, genuine ford ones are $150, would put a second hand one in.

Thanks.
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #5
kebbard
Starter Motor

Talking Re: Common Problems with the AU??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly94 View Post
No mate wasn't sarcasm aimed you mate, sorry if it came across that way, was more at the fact that so far to fix a small leak on an au turns out needing to have the whole part replaced.

Just had to get my hi pres pwr steer line changed because the it was weeping at the fitting.

Was thinking that, genuine ford ones are $150, would put a second hand one in.

Thanks.
i've had to replace that hose on 2 au's now seems to be a common fault with them, picked mine up on ebay for $50 each
kebbard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post