Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-11-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Installing Dev 4

Gday,

I recently bought a dev 4 cam off stav and i am going to attempt to install it this week. I have done a bit off reading and i am a little bit confident (plus i have my old man and some mates if a find myself in the poo).

I aquired this off another member in another thread (for an E-series). I was wondering if this is the correct produdure for an AU, or if there is a "How to" for installing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSH
pull the thermos out, remove the drive belt. undo the 2x13mm bolt the front of the p/s steer pump and the 17mm nut on the back. remove the intake snorkel and then the tappet cover.

crack the 17mm bolt on the front of the camshaft gear, under where the p/s pump was there is a 14mm headed bolt. this is the timing chain tensioner. undo it completly. then you have the fun job of undoing all of the 10mm bolts that hold the rocker gear onto the head and remove. make sure none of the lifters fall out. get a zip tie and put it around the chain and the gear so it can not slip a link. now remove the 17mm bolt all the way and pull the gear off the cam and let it sit inside the head. now it should just lift out.

Also i was told that i will need some shims (i already have these thanks to stav again : ), but... im not too sure where to put them haha.

All input is welcome my friends!

Cheers, Matt.

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
JoesAu

with the zip tie do that, make sure you have tension on the chain if you undo the tensioner because the links down the bottom of your motor may jump not saying it will but its possible, string the cam gear to the bonnet hook when the bonnet is open!! i did it better to be safe then rebuilding a head like i had to. the shims fit behind your lifters dont know how many you will need speak to stav
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for that mate. Tieing to bonnet it a great idea. I have heared of people using brooms with weight on the end.. i didnt like that haha.

Old 13-11-2007, 12:30 AM   #4
JoesAu

yeah i know the broom is in the way, so string it up. good luck with it post up the results im keen to see how it goes
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 12:32 AM   #5
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol i reckon it would.

I chose the dev 4 as i want decent mid range with the turbo. Should be a fun ride when its all in :