Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-04-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
Arch
Starter Motor

Post Problems with my AU111

I have owned my Fairmont for the last 6 months. To date it has recieved a brand new master cylinder and reconditioned steering rack. Fortunately this was all done under warranty, total cost $950.
My climate control display is not displaying properly. I plan to get recharged so to speak which is cheaper than $700 odd dollars Ford wanted.
My brake warning light has started to stay on for a minute or so when I first start the car up. It then eventually disappears when I depress the brake pedal (after a minute or so) then it stays off for the rest off the day. The resevoir is full of fluid and the brakes work really well. Car is in for service next week will get them to have a look.
Has anyone come across this?

Last edited by Arch; 07-04-2006 at 11:41 PM. Reason: starter motor not mentioned in story?
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol Arch it says "Starter Motor" it's your membership status... it's based on how many posts you've made...

Somebody's idea of humor
Welcome to the forums!

Is it your ABS light that is staying on?

Hey this is my 100th post! Do I get a letter from the queen?
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 12:18 AM   #3
Arch
Starter Motor

Thankyou for your reply 'TwistedEL' makes sense about the starter motor / posts relationship. I had the mechanics check the warning light out and they told me they fixed it up as it was a loose wire from the master cylinder. Nevertheless it's back doing it again. I don't believe it's the ABS light, it's the drum brake looking light with the exclamation mark (!). I can't fathom though, why it would switch itself off as you're driving down the road not having touched the brakes for 4 or 5 minutes.
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 02:26 AM   #4
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldnt get your CC fixed by Ford. Get it fixed by this bloke in Melbourne. ~$100, and it will never fail again.