Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 02:22 PM   #17731
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Turns out he never had an exemption at all, nor the supporting paperwork to request one on arrival.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis...347adfefb176a2
What a circus ey?

Only yesterday scomo referenced the exemption that the Victorian government supposedly granted and said it was ultimately a matter for the state gov. Now the said exemption doesn't exist?

Its reported 2 independent panels approved the application. Could be semantics, but were those approvals what joker took as approval of a formal exemption? He could have possibly jumped the gun.

Ultimately, it makes absolutely no sense that states are charged with granting exemptions, but Feds can knock it back once the traveller arrives.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2022, 02:41 PM   #17732
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let me elaborate why I'm so snitchy about Djokovic...Two reasons...I work at a mid sized rural school with about 400 kids and staff on site . We have been mandated to be double vaccinated for a while now and expecting that the booster shot will be mandatory also ..We have received numerous memo's and emails from the department to make sure all the evidential proof /supporting documentation is showing on our profile on our ESS at all times .

.At midnight on February 8th anybody who has not complied with that will not be able to be at work I understand until all the necessary requirements are met . Fair enough .. Also will are now facing even stricter protocols at work now with borders open .. That's fine .

A close friend and fellow worker has had to be vaccinated and has been hospitalised twice , a bunch of tests for cardiac issues since the second shot and three weeks of heart related worrying after effects of the first shot because she desperately needs the contract work . We're all praying for her that she might be exempted from the 4-5 month booster at least because she really suffered badly.

This tennis player (also who ran what turned out to be a super spreader party if you recall a while back) needs to fully explain his "genuine" reasons why he is exempted . The tennis officials are weak as water for even remotely considering letting him compete while the vast bulk of us mere mortals are doing our best to comply with vaccination/ distancing / sanitary requirements. It does not semd a good message Tennis Australia ..

Come on Mr . Novak ...What about a proper explanation if you do indeed have a valid exemption .

It's the least you could do .

Last edited by roddy1960; 06-01-2022 at 02:51 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2022, 02:51 PM   #17733
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Letters from federal government cast doubt on Djokovic exemption

Quote:
Federal health authorities told Tennis Australia boss Craig Tiley on two occasions in writing that people who were not vaccinated and had contracted COVID-19 in the past six months would not be granted quarantine-free travel to Australia.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison on Thursday revealed Border Force on Wednesday night attempted to contact the Victorian government to see if it was prepared to quarantine Djokovic.

"That was the issue being discussed with Victoria - about quarantine. I am unaware of the Victorian government position on whether they were prepared to allow him to not have to quarantine or not. I don't know," Mr Morrison said.

"Tennis Australia, as I understand, said that he could play and that is fine, that is their call. But we make the call on the border and that is where it is enforced."
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...edgdhp&pc=U531
This user likes this post:
Old 06-01-2022, 03:00 PM   #17734
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Back to the primary topic, I see that Victoria are re-introducing covid restrictions (my summary, may not be all so check for details):

From 11:59pm tonight
  • those who test positive on a RAT will be considered "probable" cases and must isolate immediately for seven days and notify their contacts.
  • It will also be mandatory to report the positive RAT result to the Department of Health through an online form or by phone, in a reporting system the government said would go live on Friday
  • PCR tests, which are carried out through testing sites, will be discouraged for those with symptoms and for contacts.
  • Density limits of one person per 2 square metres will be introduced indoors at hospitality venues and entertainment venues.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2022, 03:06 PM   #17735
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Let me elaborate why I'm so snitchy about Djokovic...Two reasons...I work at a mid sized rural school with about 400 kids and staff on site . We have been mandated to be double vaccinated for a while now and expecting that the booster shot will be mandatory also ..We have received numerous memo's and emails from the department to make sure all the evidential proof /supporting documentation is showing on our profile on our ESS at all times .

.At midnight on February 8th anybody who has not complied with that will not be able to be at work I understand until all the necessary requirements are met . Fair enough .. Also will are now facing even stricter protocols at work now with borders open .. That's fine .

A close friend and fellow worker has had to be vaccinated and has been hospitalised twice , a bunch of tests for cardiac issues since the second shot and three weeks of heart related worrying after effects of the first shot because she desperately needs the contract work . We're all praying for her that she might be exempted from the 4-5 month booster at least because she really suffered badly.

This tennis player (also who ran what turned out to be a super spreader party if you recall a while back) needs to fully explain his "genuine" reasons why he is exempted . The tennis officials are weak as water for even remotely considering letting him compete while the vast bulk of us mere mortals are doing our best to comply with vaccination/ distancing / sanitary requirements. It does not semd a good message Tennis Australia ..

Come on Mr . Novak ...What about a proper explanation if you do indeed have a valid exemption .

It's the least you could do .
If I've understood the requirements correctly, individuals also have the right to be classified as exempt from the requirement as well, as per this site. The same exemptions that, presumably, applied to Novak.

And if none of those individuals are required to publicly air their reason for exemption, why should Novak? He has as much right to privacy of his health information as anyone else has.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2022, 03:07 PM   #17736
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Off topic but....

no matter which side of the fence you sit on re whether Novak should be allowed in to the country to play the Open or not, this whole thing is a farce and makes us aussies look like morons.

This whole saga will do more to put prospective visitors off visiting our shores in the future than any previous decision by the officialdom with respect to Novak's eligibility to enter the country.
This is true.
I want to see international bands touring here again and these incidents are not helping the cause. Who in their right mind would risk preparing and finamcing a tour here knowing the whole deal could be canned at any time.
Old 06-01-2022, 03:44 PM   #17737
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
I wonder who did tell him he was cleared for playing? Is is he just a goose?
Quite possibly it was simply himself.

He jumped on the ATAGI and Vic Covid sites, looked at the info and said "yeah I fit into that" without seeking official advice or applying for an exemption.

If so, then yes, it would make him a goose.
Old 06-01-2022, 04:07 PM   #17738
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

[*] Density limits of one person per 2 square metres will be introduced indoors at hospitality venues and entertainment venues.

Pointless. Looks at GooseSS up north. They have had density limits for weeks.
Its either surpress with harsh restrictions or let it run, there is no in between.

I walked along southbank last night and noticed 1 in 3 restaurants were temporarily closed. Is it to due shortage of staff who have had to isolate? Hospitality already reeling.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

3 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2022, 04:17 PM   #17739
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Is is he just a goose?
Beginning to look like it !!

The guy's an anti-vaxxer, he's got a track record. He obviously thought we were a pushover

Dr Terry
5 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2022, 04:23 PM   #17740
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
It's largely been believed to be the case but one of the problems with being absolutely certain is finding countries near the equator with reliable reporting. Most of the countries the Equator passes through would be considered 'developing' at best but let's try and pick a few that aren't too far away.

South Africa has a whole of pandemic CMR that is fairly poor at 2.636%.
Brazil is worse at 2.772%.
Indonesia is worse again at 3.380% so on the basis of those three, you'd possibly have to call the 'climate' thing a myth.

However, the health systems in all of those countries are not as mature as those in some of the colder climate countries so I think the question remains open especially when there are some colder climate countries with very low CMR's like Norway (0.331%) and New Zealand (0.336%) while others have mid to high-range CMR's like Finland (0.601%), Switzerland (0.9640%) and Swden (1.161%).
Agree. You'd would think that Victoria and The GSS have largely similar climates.

It could be infrastructure and health spend like the AFR said last year?
Old 06-01-2022, 04:26 PM   #17741
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

People whom are not even sick are lining up for hours in the rain and sun WTF????

I see it every day

I have to get tested before i fly out to work every week, but that is the only reason i get tested...

And only because i don't have to pay for it !!

Old 06-01-2022, 04:31 PM   #17742
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

2 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2022, 05:31 PM   #17743
Pooka
Shapeshifter

To put into perspective, Northern European countries such as Sweden and Finland are some 7,000km's from the equator. Sydney to Melbourne a mere 800 odd km's. Just 800 km difference on a mostly flat baron land, with both cities metropolitan areas having a very similar height from sea level. Sure there's a couple of degrees difference, but that's about it. Not that much of a "difference in climate" really is it?

IMO, I don't think the climate has anything to do with the difference in NSW's and VIC's "reported" death numbers. The difference in death numbers is probably due to NSW Health deciding for themselves who should be included in the death numbers (with CV, from CV, by CV, probably CV, etc, etc). The NSW Health Minister has a God complex after all. HE is responsible and HE will decide who is and isn't a Covid death, thank you. Have a look at his behaviour from 2:30min to 7:30min HERE. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this goose is keeping the number of deaths low to suit his agenda.
Old 06-01-2022, 05:32 PM   #17744
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

This article provides some pretty decent guidance on what the process is in Vic now, but it doesn't cover my scenario: am symptomatic, have conducted a RAT which has returned a negative result. What am I expected to do now? I got a PCR test yesterday and am awaiting the result, but I'm not holding my breath: my mum had her PCR test last Wednesday (29th Dec) and still has not received the test results. Same clinic as where I got tested. Mum saw the doc yesterday for some new meds and the doc checked on her PCR test results and said they were due to be sent out yesterday?

When I completed the PCR yesterday, the tester handed me a Federal gov sheet which explained what I should do, but again, it didn't address my case of being symptomatic but negative RAT result. Am I supposed to isolate until I get a test result, assuming I'm positive? Am I ok to go about my normal life until I potentially get a positive PCR result back and then isolate?

It's all a bit confusing really.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 06-01-2022, 05:57 PM   #17745
.:4:.
Kicking back

For the whole novak thing, i havent read too far into it, and i dont get too into mainstream media, because a slow news day doesnt make them money. So piecing it together, my interpretation isnt towards his covid exepmtion, but if you dont dot the Tee's and cross the I's on your paperwork. It doesnt matter who you are, border says no. You do not hear about all the other average people who get turned around. And im sure theres a few of them.
But surely this bloke has advisors to say initial here, hear and here, sign there etc.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:46 PM   #17746
Trevor 57
is now there

Old 06-01-2022, 06:52 PM   #17747
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
A "crowd" of Djokovic supports were at Melbourne airport this morning.

https://twitter.com/LanaMurphy/statu...51992575365122

ps: Masks mandatory at Melb airport. So obviously signing the same song as "Novax".
Old 06-01-2022, 06:58 PM   #17748
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone has an election to win.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2022, 07:09 PM   #17749
slowsnake
Banned

If DjoCovid was fully vaxxed and legal in Victoria and elsewhere in Australia then ScuMo would of sent his/our private RAAF jet to bring him here, he is a draw card, but that's money talking, not politics or religion, he wants to come here to use what he sees as a "weak" tournament to get an easy world record of most Grand Slams, he's a maggot, and i thought blowflies weren't useful.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:11 PM   #17750
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkxlxm View Post
Someone has an election to win.
4 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2022, 07:11 PM   #17751
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
For the whole novak thing, i havent read too far into it, and i dont get too into mainstream media, because a slow news day doesnt make them money. So piecing it together, my interpretation isnt towards his covid exepmtion, but if you dont dot the Tee's and cross the I's on your paperwork. It doesnt matter who you are, border says no. You do not hear about all the other average people who get turned around. And im sure theres a few of them.
But surely this bloke has advisors to say initial here, hear and here, sign there etc.
He is taking the case to court apparently.

No pun intended either.. as in the place full of legal people.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 06-01-2022, 07:12 PM   #17752
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Quite possibly it was simply himself.

He jumped on the ATAGI and Vic Covid sites, looked at the info and said "yeah I fit into that" without seeking official advice or applying for an exemption.

If so, then yes, it would make him a goose.
No, a Gander!
Old 06-01-2022, 11:00 PM   #17753
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If I've understood the requirements correctly, individuals also have the right to be classified as exempt from the requirement as well, as per this site. The same exemptions that, presumably, applied to Novak.

And if none of those individuals are required to publicly air their reason for exemption, why should Novak? He has as much right to privacy of his health information as anyone else has.
Fair point you make I guess . Perhaps not required is fine detail of whatever condition he supposedly has . That said though is that he really needs to make a Statutory or similar declaration that he has the necessary medical evidence as required by Australian law that exemption from vaccination status requires .

In my case (and no doubt huge numbers of workers) had to prove to my employer that I have been properly mandated vaccinated with the evidential proof to back it up . Telling them without the mandatory evidence was not good enough. Djokovic has to do the same due diligence to validate exemption surely .

He is not an Australian citizen and has to be subject to visiting Covid protection protocols surely like any other visitor.

All the necessary legalities by his mob, with the actual evidence, should have been done before now and it's beginning to look like his mob has stuffed up.

Whether that evidence for exemption is to show up to satisfy the authorities before the Aussie Open will be one thing but until it does his visa is doubt now .
Old 06-01-2022, 11:13 PM   #17754
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just caught up with my mate whose parents just recently arrived from overseas. He did all the leg work for their visa application. He told me they had to submit all evidence of being double vaxxed to get the visa. Certificates had to be uploaded to the portal.

With this in mind, I find it very odd that you don't need to do the same for an exemption. (although I believe there is now a debate as to whether an exemption exists at all )

Rides (past and present)

Old 06-01-2022, 11:15 PM   #17755
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

4 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 12:23 AM   #17756
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Just caught up with my mate whose parents just recently arrived from overseas. He did all the leg work for their visa application. He told me they had to submit all evidence of being double vaxxed to get the visa. Certificates had to be uploaded to the portal.

With this in mind, I find it very odd that you don't need to do the same for an exemption. (although I believe there is now a debate as to whether an exemption exists at all )
he will have a priority rush backdated one to be supplied now
delivered by a serbian diplomat by monday that they mistakenly forgot to bring with them , so he can do payed ao press presentations on tusday

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 07-01-2022, 12:26 AM   #17757
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’ve been subjected to a number of increasingly paranoid-hostile messages this evening, respective to my business interstate tomorrow. People I’ve known for years, who have trusted my judgement and actions on costly matters.

This is quite sad; it’s another demonstration of how an illness (and its mitigation) was exploited to divide people.
You still kicking? You’ve been awfully quiet

2 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 06:30 AM   #17758
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
The medical exemption has to be granted by Australia, and not a local GP anymore (as there was dodgy stuff going on), an overseas exemption will not cut it
Old 07-01-2022, 07:42 AM   #17759
slowsnake
Banned

I'd like to think that he should be treated like everyone else, but, the rules seem very vague to me, I mentioned this yesterday, are there exemptions in place for different individual's circumstances or would Mr Avereage citizen national or international be accepted on that countries rules and regs, or scrutinised as DjoCovid is now, on this countries rules and regs, and was he given a bumsteer, or did he throw caution to the wind and test our system!
Old 07-01-2022, 08:00 AM   #17760
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
The medical exemption has to be granted by Australia, and not a local GP anymore (as there was dodgy stuff going on), an overseas exemption will not cut it
I'm interested to know who is the "Australia". The Feds were taunting the Andrews gov to apply for an exemption a month ago. Probably to use as political leverage. So if the states can apply, how can they also approve?

It now sounds like a letter from TA was all that was needed. If that is the case, then the system is stuffed. It's been reported that 2 others got through on the same letter. But now border force wants to re-assess their case... after they've already been let through.

Meanwhile they put joker in a refugee detention centre where others have been locked up for 9 years. Talk about kicking own goals.

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Closed Thread